• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Parry Question

PaithanTheElf

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just wondering.. I am using the calculator here

UO Stratics - Parrying

At 80 dex, and gm parry on a human, does UO take the JoaT into account and add 20 bushido into this?

Are you 25% chance to parry or 30% as a human?

If this is the case.......you all know its coming... is it intended?

Because I know they changed JoaT from helping out for lower mana specials.

@Kyronix @Bleak

Last edited:

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I don't think it does. 0 real bushido skill is factored in and the JOAT is ignored for the parrying calculation. I'd love to hear confirmation from the devs too.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
It is interesting if they consider it into the formula since it does drop it.

I'd assume it'd be required to have real skill for it but it's worth finding out.

PaithanTheElf

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It is interesting if they consider it into the formula since it does drop it.

I'd assume it'd be required to have real skill for it but it's worth finding out.
If real skill is required then that would pose another interesting question on if skill increase on jewels works for those skills...

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
If real skill is required then that would pose another interesting question on if skill increase on jewels works for those skills...
Ah that's a good point. I'm pretty sure jewelry factors in along with the extra parry on Heph etc.

I guess I should rephrase I believe it has to show the increase in skill to be counted.

But this is a stab in the dark based on nothing but a hunch.

PaithanTheElf

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ah that's a good point. I'm pretty sure jewelry factors in along with the extra parry on Heph etc.

I guess I should rephrase I believe it has to show the increase in skill to be counted.

But this is a stab in the dark based on nothing but a hunch.
Well I am interested to see how it works. It might encourage me to go elf.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Well I am interested to see how it works. It might encourage me to go elf.
Yeah, it'd be enough for me too.

Just curious, if you're using GM parry, are bridging it to 120 with items?

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I researched this a while back, JOAT does not take effect for bushido with parrying, no need to tag Kyronix and Bleak

Peekay

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Yes, joat is taken into consideration for parry. Meaning the Shield + joat bush hurts it.

PaithanTheElf

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I researched this a while back, JOAT does not take effect for bushido with parrying, no need to tag Kyronix and Bleak
Do you have a link to this research?

Not that I don't believe you, but I would just prefer to see it somewhere or hear from a dev.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Samurai - Old Stratics

scroll down to
  • Does Human inherent +20 skill effect my chance to parry with a shield?
    No, it has no effect on your inherent chances to parry with a shield, as long as you do not have any real Bushido skill.