• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Frozen when switching accounts?

Chanel #1

Adventurer
Does anyone else experience this? I log off one account, switch accounts, log back in, and after I select my shard, the client freezes and I have to close the client and start over. This happens about 30% of the time.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
My problem is everytime I go through a gate be it a static moongate, one created by EMs or one created by other players I get the 2step thing going where I take 2 steps freeze up for a moment or two and take 2 steps and freeze and this can happen anywhere from 3 to 10 times after using a gate... and in the situation of an EM gate or a Player Gate this can be DEADLY.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Does anyone else experience this? I log off one account, switch accounts, log back in, and after I select my shard, the client freezes and I have to close the client and start over. This happens about 30% of the time.
Yes, same problem and also I open or try to open the client and it doesn't do the update or let it go on to the next step - both CC and EC. I have to completely log out and restart and sometimes it does it more than once. Happens on both my computers, one is Win 10 other is Win 7 so I don't think it's my comp.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes I have had this happen in the past when running CC@UOA for a long time, days, without reloading it. I have never had it happen with just CC

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes I have had this happen in the past when running CC@UOA for a long time, days, without reloading it. I have never had it happen with just CC
Happened to me in CC just minutes ago and my computer was just booted this morning (morning for me, night for you). Hadn't even opened UO yet. I close down my computers when I walk away from my desk for any length of time.