• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Moonglow Zoo.

Lady Kittie

Meer Ambassador
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Kyronix I was wondering if maybe the Moonglow zoo could get worked on, as far as how the system goes and the decay rate. I've actually donated a lot to the zoo on Great Lakes and was sad to see all the animals go "poof" again, so short after. Is there any way this could get fixed so that the decay rate isn't so fast?

Thank you kindly!

ambrossia

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe some new rewards too.
I have every item, collectable, and title from the zoo rewards and still have over 5 million points with nothing to spend it on.
Maybe have an option of converting them into clean up Britannia points.

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Kyronix I was wondering if maybe the Moonglow zoo could get worked on, as far as how the system goes and the decay rate. I've actually donated a lot to the zoo on Great Lakes and was sad to see all the animals go "poof" again, so short after. Is there any way this could get fixed so that the decay rate isn't so fast?

Thank you kindly!
Added it to our backlog, thanks for the feedback!

Lady Kittie

Meer Ambassador
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Kyronix thank you so very much! Also, I agree with ambrossia and Mene, if we could get new rewards and/or a conversion ability that would also be amazing. And expanding it to the museum and library would be great too.

Thank you kindly for all the hard work you do!

ambrossia

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Vesper museum needs the points required for the next tier to be greatly reduced.
I poured something like 100 million gold into the Vesper museum and it only went up by one from tier 2 to tier 3.
A couple weeks later it had decayed back to tier 2.
I don't think any shard, other than Atlantic, even has a chance of getting anywhere close to half way to tier 12.

WildStar

UO Baja News Reporter
Reporter
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I would ask that you also take a look at updating the animals that are accepted as contributions. For example, greater dragons and bouras are newer additions to the game that are not accepted.

On Baja we have worked as a group to get and maintain the Trammel Zoo at Tier 11 since 2009, so it is possible for a shard besides Atlantic to do. This involves a weekly event and fund raisers. We have a great group of people on Baja who work toward this goal.

On one character I have enough points to claim two Britannia boats, if they were offered as a reward at the Zoo. 15 gold equals 1 reward point. Perhaps we could choose to convert our reward points into points for the Zoo with NO new reward points earned.

WildStar

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I would ask that you also take a look at updating the animals that are accepted as contributions. For example, greater dragons and bouras are newer additions to the game that are not accepted.

On Baja we have worked as a group to get and maintain the Trammel Zoo at Tier 11 since 2009, so it is possible for a shard besides Atlantic to do. This involves a weekly event and fund raisers. We have a great group of people on Baja who work toward this goal.

On one character I have enough points to claim two Britannia boats, if they were offered as a reward at the Zoo. 15 gold equals 1 reward point. Perhaps we could choose to convert our reward points into points for the Zoo with NO new reward points earned.

WildStar
This^^^^ There are tons of animals that ought to be added including the raptors, dragon turtle hatchlings, and wolf spiders.

SlayerofBunnys

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

WildStar
The zoo definitely needs to have more animals that are able to be donated.

Each tier for the zoo is 1,000,000 points. To reach Tier 11 would require a donation of 165 million gp.

The Vesper museum needs the points required for the next tier to be greatly reduced.
I poured something like 100 million gold into the Vesper museum and it only went up by one from tier 2 to tier 3.
A couple weeks later it had decayed back to tier 2.
I don't think any shard, other than Atlantic, even has a chance of getting anywhere close to half way to tier 12.
I fully agree that the point levels for the Vesper Museum need to be reduced. On Catskills the current point total is 54,084,907 (yes 54 million) and it is Tier 3 with 915,093 needed for the next tier. That means that 55 million points are needed just to reach Tier 4 which is 825 million gp. If I remember right the last time it was at Tier 4 it needed an additional 40 million points to reach Tier 5 which would be a total of 1.425 platinum, and that isn't even halfway to the top Tier. I checked the Fel side and it is 10 million points just to reach Tier 1. The same 150 million donation to the zoo and the museum would result in the zoo at Tier 10 and the museum at Tier 1.

I would also suggest that the museum accept donations of the other things lumberjacks obtain (Bark, fungi, switch, parasitic, amber, and shards).

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would love for there to be a way to reduce the points required to get zoo pets or museum displays without necessarily changing reward points for personal items. I know the Catskills team (Mare, Slayer, Bytor, etc) work virtually non-stop on the museum and can barely keep from losing levels. Monthly events, auctions, donation drives ...etc with little to show for it.

When the zoo was first introduced, catskills was the only shard that ever got past the crane. After months of aggressive lobbying of the dev team we finally got them to tweak the decay rate. All shards had a more passionate and active player base then they have now,... so it would be nice if the Dev's would tweak the point system so a shard can have a full zoo and museum and not be bled dry trying to maintain it.

In the past I have donated a few million boards and a couple hundred million in gold and I am definitely one of the lessor contributors. If Mare and Slayer havent donated 1 billion boards each by now I would be shocked!
It is a fight each month just to keep tier 3 in the museum. The system had great potential and maybe in a High population game it would be fine.....but right now it is just something else that is broken.....something else that could motivate and encourage community....but fails... horribly!

Alira Drakrul

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I would love for there to be a way to reduce the points required to get zoo pets or museum displays without necessarily changing reward points for personal items. I know the Catskills team (Mare, Slayer, Bytor, etc) work virtually non-stop on the museum and can barely keep from losing levels. Monthly events, auctions, donation drives ...etc with little to show for it.

When the zoo was first introduced, catskills was the only shard that ever got past the crane. After months of aggressive lobbying of the dev team we finally got them to tweak the decay rate. All shards had a more passionate and active player base then they have now,... so it would be nice if the Dev's would tweak the point system so a shard can have a full zoo and museum and not be bled dry trying to maintain it.

In the past I have donated a few million boards and a couple hundred million in gold and I am definitely one of the lessor contributors. If Mare and Slayer havent donated 1 billion boards each by now I would be shocked!
It is a fight each month just to keep tier 3 in the museum. The system had great potential and maybe in a High population game it would be fine.....but right now it is just something else that is broken.....something else that could motivate and encourage community....but fails... horribly!

I agree with this. Please adjust the decay rate for the deco aspects of the collections.

SlayerofBunnys

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just checked the Catskills Museum and the point total is 53044058 and now needs 1455942 points which is about a 1% decay. This translates to a little over 8 million gold or 550K boards per day just to maintain Tier 4.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just checked the Catskills Museum and the point total is 53044058 and now needs 1455942 points which is about a 1% decay. This translates to a little over 8 million gold or 550K boards per day just to maintain Tier 4.
Now I am sorry but that is messed up....and adjusting the decay rate cant be hard to do

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Why is there a decay rate for most of the stuff in UO. There should only be a decay rate if a no decay would make a game changing difference. Come on UO most of this stuff is just Deco and should never decay.