• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

character transfer

DungHook

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Is there a list of "shard bound " items.

I have been trying to transfer a character and keep getting " can't transfer shard bound items"

so far I have been taking things out one by one to see what they consider "shard bound" but no luck yet.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This forum is really for asking about help with Stratics boards, not UO. One of the board's moderators will probably move it to somewhere more appropriate where more uo players will notice it.
In the meantime, shard bound is quite a new restriction on items, there is no list that I'm aware of. Some things I can think of that are shard bound are newer stealables and skill mastery primers.

AnneNomilly

Sage
Professional
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Masteries are also a biggie that catch a lot of people. You cannot transfer masteries.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
The item will say Shard Bound on it usually.

Gold Checks, the pirate flag from Atlantic, those things Petra listed...can't think of any others off the top of my head.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
VvV items.
Yep.

VvV Items, Gold Checks, Mastery Primers, New Stealables, Atl's Pirate Flag...

Things that are destroyed when placed in a bank box, Coins from the Rat Invasion, Gold Checks, and any House Deeds.

PaithanTheElf

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yep.

VvV Items, Gold Checks, Mastery Primers, New Stealables, Atl's Pirate Flag...

Things that are destroyed when placed in a bank box, Coins from the Rat Invasion, Gold Checks, and any House Deeds.
Not all VvV items. If you have armor for instance, you can take that. But I have had it where there was a nova in one of my trapped boxes and it took me FOREVER to find it before I could transfer. Watch out for nova/stat pots. They are sneaky bastards

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yeah you can farm scrolls all day and night and take those, but uh uh uh...don't you dare take those masteries you also got...makes perfect sense.

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
A random bank check is usually what hangs me up and it's off the Easter Egg hunt at that point amount my 800+ items being xgered

Once I find it it's usually one of the stupid checks with a value of zero of 1 gold piece

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
plain gold coins I somehow had 2 in my pack last time I transferred and spent 2 hours going through every packy and the bank box looking for what offending item was...... noticed the 2 little gold coins, dropped them in the bank and off I went.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Perhaps a locate button would be useful. At least let the player know what they are looking for.