• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Editing EC Client - Pinco's UI

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yea, looks good. I still got a copy of the old default UI code, which imo is a way lighter UI. I use many of the older windows from it when the newer windows do not fit my taste or got too bloated. I can send you a copy if you are interested. Its the most "unbloated" but functional UI you will find for the EC :D

Also I tried some things to get my screen cleaner (i.e. better game immersion), and basically the thing I love the most of it is some kind of a hover menu where I can put not so often used actions/stats/menus Animated GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

I also reworked a lot of stuff to be hidden in right-click context menus (map actions like "center on me", hotbars actions like locking hotbars down, etc.). It's imo silly to have like 20 little lock icons on your screen permanently.

I understand that it's hard for Pinco's to hide those actions, as newer users might not find it. Talking about discoverability and stuff. However with an UI especially crafted for advanced users, you can usually design a much cleaner UI.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
It is interesting.
But it might be easier to mod the default UI with the stuff that you want than to cut stuff off Pinco's.

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
visually more dynamic and clear
Kudos to the effort you put in, but if I want to be honest, I can only give you negative feedback:

All in all it reminds me of the high contrast theme in windows, which I personally don't find appealing at all. Color composition in general seems quite bold.
It also looks inconsistent. The backpack is mostly black. The char sheet is grey. The book gump seems to be the only original gump left, which is used.
Your handpainted icons don't mix well with the other existing icons.
In general, the whole UI looks like you just removed the chrome, but left the space, which it occupied. Which doesn't work out quite well, IMHO. Especially the individual parts of the paperdoll look incohesive, just thrown together.
I don't find it aesthetically pleasing at all.

Lord Gandalf

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Kudos to the effort you put in, but if I want to be honest, I can only give you negative feedback:

All in all it reminds me of the high contrast theme in windows, which I personally don't find appealing at all. Color composition in general seems quite bold.
It also looks inconsistent. The backpack is mostly black. The char sheet is grey. The book gump seems to be the only original gump left, which is used.
Your handpainted icons don't mix well with the other existing icons.
In general, the whole UI looks like you just removed the chrome, but left the space, which it occupied. Which doesn't work out quite well, IMHO.
I don't find it aesthetically pleasing at all.
This is just the look and feel, i agree some icons dont go well together, this is an unfinished job... Im still struggling to find some typeface color changes etc... Appreciate your feedback.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am really impressed. I would like to get both of your UIs to try them.

Little Joke: Gandalf if your house customizing skill was only sp good as your UI skills obviously are ;-)

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I also reworked a lot of stuff to be hidden in right-click context menus (map actions like "center on me", hotbars actions like locking hotbars down, etc.). It's imo silly to have like 20 little lock icons on your screen permanently.
Decluttering the EC screen would be a real improvement. All that crap all over is really annoying. Get the EC as clean as the CC game window is and I might try stomaching it's graphics again.

Lord Gandalf

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Decluttering the EC screen would be a real improvement. All that crap all over is really annoying. Get the EC as clean as the CC game window is and I might try stomaching it's graphics again.
Yeah i agree, the main problem about ec is in-game artwork polishing, that you get that dizziness problem while running even at 200FPS

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Does anyone know a way to save your settings? I.E Everytime i log into EC, i have to check 'tilt map' each time, pretty dumb to have to set up your ui each time you log in if you ask me...

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Does anyone know a way to save your settings? I.E Everytime i log into EC, i have to check 'tilt map' each time, pretty dumb to have to set up your ui each time you log in if you ask me...
How are you logging out? Are you just hitting the x-box in the corner?

I suggest hitting escape, having the menu come up, and then hitting log out. It should save all your settings then. If you just hit the [X], you will lose any key sets and changes to interface since you last logged out using the actual log out button.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
oh i'm doing it wrong and nobody else has to check 'tilt map' every time they log in?
Oh thank you....

Oh no wait, i just checked again. It turns out i'm actually not full ******.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
oh i'm doing it wrong and nobody else has to check 'tilt map' every time they log in?
Oh thank you....

Oh no wait, i just checked again. It turns out i'm actually not full ******.
I can confirm that tilt map is not saved in the properties.
Every time I log in, the check is not ticked, no matter if it was checked when I logged off.

Han Telemnar

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I just started modifying pinco's UI for EC client fans, looking for your honest feedbacks to see if its worth proceeding with this mod. Main goal is to make a lighter UI less loading screens, and visually more dynamic and clear:

awesome, I can't wait to use it. I miss my Pincos

keyvan

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I just started modifying pinco's UI for EC client fans, looking for your honest feedbacks to see if its worth proceeding with this mod. Main goal is to make a lighter UI less loading screens, and visually more dynamic and clear:
ça rend bien le noir avec le vert

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
awesome, I can't wait to use it. I miss my Pincos
Something happen to Pinco's? I am still using it. I am curious and certainly not familiar with programming but isn't taking someone else's UI and modifying it stealing or does Gandalf have Pinco's permission?

Lord Gandalf

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Something happen to Pinco's? I am still using it. I am curious and certainly not familiar with programming but isn't taking someone else's UI and modifying it stealing or does Gandalf have Pinco's permission?
Again this is a small demo i made, i found it much easier to edit his UI coz its got some very cool options that facilitates the process.

In next stages ill ask for his permission to drop one texture template in his library under his UI's name.

Gandalf's UI is another thing i might keep for myself or share it with a couple friends, which will be a light edited version of the default EC client.

Since no-one has this version except me, i wouldn't call it stealing, but maybe adding my logo to it wasn't necessary...