• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

VvV Mounts

PaithanTheElf

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have been fighting and running around and my mount has just disappeared from under me and I am on foot in the middle of fights.

Is there a way to let people know how many deaths a mount has before disappearing or a timer of where they will just vanish on you? That is a bit ridiculous.

Lythos-

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It gives a message in red letters that your mounts battle readiness is dangerously low. It disappears next death.

It's a good idea to feed it those potions after every death.

PaithanTheElf

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It gives a message in red letters that your mounts battle readiness is dangerously low. It disappears next death.

I miss those messages majority of the time. But, still doesn't explain when it disappears when riding it.

Lythos-

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They must lose readiness based on in game time and more when killed.

If you think it's a bug submit it but I've had the same horse forever feeding it potions after every death.

It's just another measure to make sure we use VVV as intended.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Every horse death = a potion?
No wonder it felt like the 250 silver for those potions was a waste... IT IS.

I'd rather just pay 500 silver for a new horse about every 8-10 times my horse dies, it's cheaper over time.

Lythos-

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Every horse death = a potion?
No wonder it felt like the 250 silver for those potions was a waste... IT IS.

I'd rather just pay 500 silver for a new horse about every 8-10 times
Doesn't have to be every death but I guarantee i won't lose mine mid fight again.

Consider yourself lucky, mine always disappeared in 4-5 deaths.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sounds like they reused the old code that made your pet go wild if you hadn't fed it. Used to be funny watching mounted people fall off their mares or dragons go wild at the bank.

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
VvV mounts will lose 1 "unit" of battle readiness after every death, and after every 24 hour period. If you are riding the mount when the decay tick hits and it has lost all "units" of battle readiness it will go poof.

For reference they start with 8 units, you get the low message at 5 units, and can have a max of 20 units.

Lythos-

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
VvV mounts will lose 1 "unit" of battle readiness after every death, and after every 24 hour period. If you are riding the mount when the decay tick hits and it has lost all "units" of battle readiness it will go poof.

For reference they start with 8 units, you get the low message at 5 units, and can have a max of 20 units.
24hr IN GAME period or 24hr in general? Thanks!

Also how many units would a potion restore? @Kyronix

Lythos-

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's 24 hours in general. The potion restores 1 unit.
In a math perspective:
New horse at 8 units then 250 silver to max it at 20 = 3000 silver
3 new horses using no potions = 24 units = 1500 silver

Shouldn't it be HARDER to get a new pet than keep one? Lower the silver for potions?

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
In a math perspective:
New horse at 8 units then 250 silver to max it at 20 = 3000 silver
3 new horses using no potions = 24 units = 1500 silver

Shouldn't it be HARDER to get a new pet than keep one? Lower the silver for potions?
This is something we probably need to adjust in a future VvV update. Thanks for the feedback!

Lythos-

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I suggest 50 silver for the potions. 20-8(initial unit per mount) =12unitsx50silver =600silver+500silver initial cost of mount = 1100 total silver.

That would be 400 less silver than purchasing 3 new mounts.

Also if I may suggest adding in a menu of some sort to show how many units the mounts have. I would think using the system already in place when checking to see the status of path of virtue would work perfectly if added to the animal lore menu of a V3 mount.

I'm not great with paint but you can get the idea below: 2 units of readiness per 1 gem.

virtue.png

status.png

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In our guild, we were aware of the redundancy of the essence of courage. Our official advise has been to never feed the pet, and to carry a spare in your backpack that you can insure for 10gp.

The conversation was had as to whether we should make a post regarding the pointlessness of essence of courage, however we were happy to just leave it as it as because we didn't want it to become easier to keep a war steed as we'd like to encourage more people to compete in the VvV towns. Also, we decided it's better to concentrate on campainging for changing the ease of gaining spirituality, as this is really making the game tedious when players can use the spirituality buff in pvp for 3000hp.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Has this issue now been fixed or we still have to buy new horses instead of feeding our horses?

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I was always wondering what the benefit of these VvV mounts was. I am using one myself, but I ahve been contemplating of simply bonding a normal 1 slot mount to use. Are the stats of the VvV mounts increased? Or are there any other beenfits I missed?

n00bPvper

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I was always wondering what the benefit of these VvV mounts was. I am using one myself, but I ahve been contemplating of simply bonding a normal 1 slot mount to use. Are the stats of the VvV mounts increased? Or are there any other beenfits I missed?
Come on, don't u really think a nice cute colored mount is enough benefit already?

cobb

Sage
Stratics Veteran
You can rez them with bandages

805connection

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I've never had this happen while riding it a VvV mount. I would pretty much leave it as is until it becomes a bigger issue. Plus its only 500 silver to get a new one.

Cady

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
You can't heal with bandages, you can with chiv, and Magery.

Yah, JOAT Magery ftw! It's a bit too much to deal with on a dexer after being riding swiped, but after You get rezzed up from the gank it's helpful. JOAT vet will get you there eventually too lol

Finley Grant

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Oh wait yea. Its possible with chiv and magery but not for a dexxer. Let's make another ohhh something is OP and needs to be nerved post....

Ofc u can heal wih heal abilities EXEpt Bandages.....

I dont think I can Mount after bring swiped Till my Horse is healed again.

Ohhh wait the next way too much OP Thing swipe...

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I wish they would let us use the old faction horses (tradeable and res with bandage). If you weren't around for factions or can't afford to buy one, then you can get the VVV version.

Cady

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Its possible with chiv and magery but not for a dexxer.
Human dexer, yes, it's possible, my necro dexer has a LRC suit and I heal up my own VvV mount np. Mini heal spam it all the way up.

It takes a ton of bandies and TIME, but JOAT vet will get it up there too, I don't bother with that on my pure warrior that has no LRC. I let it just regen up on its own over time for that char.

It's always been my opinion that if you're not playing on a human, you're playing the game wrong :p Gargs have a lot of perks too, not worrying about VvV mounts is one of them of course.

Of course, I try to not let it die in the first place since I train my VvV mounts to GM melee and resisting spells :) which is why it'd be great if the mount pots were cheaper for me lol

cobb

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I've never had this happen while riding it a VvV mount. I would pretty much leave it as is until it becomes a bigger issue. Plus its only 500 silver to get a new one.
2 potions cost 500 silver, which gives you 2 points of battle readiness. A new horse costs 500 silver, which comes with 8 points of battle readiness.

There is zero reason to use the potions the way they are now. It is badly designed.