• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Enhanced client impression from old vet...

I doubt the GM would say anything to create false hope. The caveat was that they're not sure they can pull it off but are seriously looking into it. If you guys want to argue that they don't deliver on promises, sure. I've been reading some about the team and now know it's incredibly small. It's in fact a small miracle. I sincerely hope they can steer the 2D version in a nice direction, but understand the terrible constraints they work under. Seriously. I'm a dev myself and reading about the team size made me want to hand out medals to these guys..

The Craftsman

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
, but understand the terrible constraints they work under. Seriously. I'm a dev myself and reading about the team size made me want to hand out medals to these guys..
Lets not make heroes out of these guys. Lets not forget that they are a team of developers who bid for the UO contract and won it. They must have bid at a competitive price but with that comes their own profit margin. Im sure bigger teams could have also bid but its more than likely that EA subcontracted to the team they thought could keep it ticking over at the lowest price possible. They are not martyr's, and I doubt they care one jot about the game itself. They are a business, won the contract and are doing the job as agreed in the contract.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Lets not make heroes out of these guys. Lets not forget that they are a team of developers who bid for the UO contract and won it. They must have bid at a competitive price but with that comes their own profit margin. Im sure bigger teams could have also bid but its more than likely that EA subcontracted to the team they thought could keep it ticking over at the lowest price possible. They are not martyr's, and I doubt they care one jot about the game itself. They are a business, won the contract and are doing the job as agreed in the contract.
You are incorrect.

Mesanna has been with UO since very early on starting at the bottom as a QA tester... I believe... She has watched others over the years and slowing risen to the position of Producer... I do not doubt her love of UO... sometimes I question her thinking and often I wish she would relinquish a bit of control... but I know she loves the game.

Misk her husband is the QA tester...

Kyronix was an EM meaning he was a Player just like you and me... hired to do stories and then hired to work on the game... I do not doubt his love of the game either.

Bleak I don't know... But I do know he gives his all for the game he knows the code... that I admire.

Then there is the artist... I question him all the time ... I don't think he understand exactly how important the look and aesthetics of the game are to the players but he's kinda new so I expect he'll get it over time.

Then there is Wraith again former player so I know that they love UO...

So you are insane in your thinking..... and UO has been around for a very long time so remember without this they are out of a job and that I'm sure they know every day.

The Craftsman

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You are incorrect.

Mesanna has been with UO since very early on starting at the bottom as a QA tester... I believe... She has watched others over the years and slowing risen to the position of Producer... I do not doubt her love of UO... sometimes I question her thinking and often I wish she would relinquish a bit of control... but I know she loves the game.

Misk her husband is the QA tester...

Kyronix was an EM meaning he was a Player just like you and me... hired to do stories and then hired to work on the game... I do not doubt his love of the game either.

Bleak I don't know... But I do know he gives his all for the game he knows the code... that I admire.

Then there is the artist... I question him all the time ... I don't think he understand exactly how important the look and aesthetics of the game are to the players but he's kinda new so I expect he'll get it over time.

Then there is Wraith again former player so I know that they love UO...

So you are insane in your thinking..... and UO has been around for a very long time so remember without this they are out of a job and that I'm sure they know every day.
BS. They are doing it as its their job. Get your head out of their ass. Would they do it for free? No chance. They are paid to do it.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
BS. They are doing it as its their job. Get your head out of their ass. Would they do it for free? No chance. They are paid to do it.
Being paid to do it doesn't necessarily mean they don't love to do it. If something is worth doing, it's worth doing for a paycheck. They are fortunate to be paid to be able to do something they care about - something many people can't say because they are too caught up in the grind.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would quite like to see a comparison between the hours they are paid for and the hours they actually work. I know that more than once I've seen them online in the middle of the night.