• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Islands @ the Bottom of Shame

Val-Tur

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
At the bottom of Shame, there are 6 islands:

1) The extreme NE island has a small building with 4 walls. No door (hidden or regular). There are 4 runes inside on top of a small stair. This looks much like a level portal in one of the other legacy dungeons. How do you get inside?

2) The extreme SW island appears to be inaccessible. I cannot find anyway without a boat (boats are not allowed in dungeons) to get to it. Is it possible?

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It is very much possible to have been part of a EM event that was not removed..
If the only way there looks like a boat its most likely exactly that.
Sorry hun.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They've been that way as long as I remember - but you did used to be able to launch a boat in dungeons years ago. I'm not 100% sure, but I believe it was stopped because, as so often happens, someone found a way to exploit it.

RockoNV

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Its been nearly 2 decades but if I remember right the waterways were filled with boats so the devs blocked boat launches.

Spiffykeen

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Its been nearly 2 decades but if I remember right the waterways were filled with boats so the devs blocked boat launches.
Exactly. I wish they would allow us to use rowboats in places where we can't place real ones, like Ilshenar, TerMur, and the dungeons.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The devs have no desire in making a majority of things in UO, enjoyable. Even the simple ones.

Fishing quests..."I can't locate your boat"....because its not on the same server as the npc...stupid.

Saltpeter...You can mine anywhere in Ilshenar above ground and get niter, because it's considered a dungeon, but you can't fish in the water in Ilshenar and get dungeon fish...stupid.

Cannons: So over complicated that most people won't even bother with it...stupid.

Overly complicated Ammo production for the cannons no ones using...see above....stupid.

New Docks but they didn't add those cities to the fishing quests.....stupid.

High Seas in General....white net tosses the only thing anyones still doing...stupid.

Last edited: