• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

adding a skill to the list of skills focused mages would not have

XavierFromLs

Adventurer
A pure focused mage would not have any bard/mysticism/necromancy/taming/chivalry skills or their associated skills (focus/spirit speak etc).

I propose we add HEALING to the list of skills a focus mage would not have to put some balance in the game. 30 sdi mages running around with parry/resist and 4 second bandage heals is overpowered, it would only make sense to lower their spell damage to 15%

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
screw these mages.....all they should have is 80 magery and 80 eval and 80 detect asshat! :yell:

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
A pure focused mage would not have any bard/mysticism/necromancy/taming/chivalry skills or their associated skills (focus/spirit speak etc).

I propose we add HEALING to the list of skills a focus mage would not have to put some balance in the game. 30 sdi mages running around with parry/resist and 4 second bandage heals is overpowered, it would only make sense to lower their spell damage to 15%
LMAO Sorry you are getting your ass handed to you and you think everybody's template should be nerfed so your weakass template can surive, maybe you should try another template or play candyland.

XavierFromLs

Adventurer
LMAO Sorry you are getting your ass handed to you and you think everybody's template should be nerfed so your weakass template can surive, maybe you should try another template or play candyland.
Sir could you not be so negative and I don't think everybody's template should be nerfed, there are certain things that are over powered and need be balanced.

randy

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
This guy loses to everyone in UO he's upset let him vent. He can't compete in zerg guild so he's trying to get everything nerfed.

He;s upset that a certain guild in UO has completely destroyed him and everyone he plays with. He's had numbers still loses and now he's trying to get everything nerfed. The guy brings zero logic to any of these discussions it's why none of these purposed changes will happen.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
so your saying 211 stam archers are overpowered because they kill mages too easily with running shot, then say mages shouldnt have healing to survive archers.

:facepalm:

randy

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
so your saying 211 stam archers are overpowered because they kill mages too easily with running shot, then say mages shouldnt have healing to survive archers.

:facepalm:
He's just complaining about everything a certain guild does he's just upset it doesn't matter what that guild plays they will still beat players like him have for 10+ years.

Lord Trollo

Adventurer
mages have run too underpowered for years. they take far more skill to operate than mashing 3 buttons down repeatedly. getting better at mashing those buttons and leave mages and their sdi alone. the only change i would approve is the removal of casting focus altogether however that would mean they would have to again re-balance the entire game.

King Greg

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
:popcorn: Healing on mages is just a pretty funny concept. You sacrifice so much to get that 4s heal. (+100 Stat bonus is not easy to hit) But players never see it coming. The problem is it frustrates "good" mages because they know they can outcast/play the other mage, but he's basically popping off a free gheal every 4 seconds, so it takes more than just cycling to bring them down. God I love this game.

Learn, Adapt, Evolve. Seems like a lot of players got butt hurt with the Holy fist/Wakizashi nerf and now they are having a harder time killing with their templates and are whining about every other template in the game. Just my two cents.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
:popcorn: Healing on mages is just a pretty funny concept. You sacrifice so much to get that 4s heal. (+100 Stat bonus is not easy to hit) But players never see it coming. The problem is it frustrates "good" mages because they know they can outcast/play the other mage, but he's basically popping off a free gheal every 4 seconds, so it takes more than just cycling to bring them down. God I love this game.

Learn, Adapt, Evolve. Seems like a lot of players got butt hurt with the Holy fist/Wakizashi nerf and now they are having a harder time killing with their templates and are whining about every other template in the game. Just my two cents.
QFT

PaithanTheElf

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Agreed with everything. Except if you are getting hit hard on a healing mage, the heal does very little damage. Most mages try magic arrow/fireball combo and that doesnt do enough to hurt the bandies.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't think it's necessary to add Healing to the list of skills unable to be used with a "Focused" spec.

I do think Alchemy & Poisoning should lower cap SDI to 15% though.