• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

enough is enough time to nerf moving shots

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaithanTheElf

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have no idea how someone is going to mortal on the run, you tell me.

Some people like you have gave solutions that don't work, I do appreciate the effort at least.
His solution would easily work. If you would like, i can hop on a character and show you how to do it. You can hop on an archer and prove it wrong? I am always glad to help someone new to the pvp world out.

XavierFromLs

Adventurer
I don't like the negative vibe i'm getting from you guys, i'm going to take a little break from the forums so you guys can cool down.

PaithanTheElf

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't like the negative vibe i'm getting from you guys, i'm going to take a little break from the forums so you guys can cool down.
After you cool down, I will still be here glad to show you some newbie pvp maneuvers that he was talking about. I like to educate people and teach them to be better at UO instead of just crying. I used to charge people to show them pvp moves, so consider yourself lucky. Drop me a PM whenever you want this simple lesson.

XavierFromLs

Adventurer
After you cool down, I will still be here glad to show you some newbie pvp maneuvers that he was talking about. I like to educate people and teach them to be better at UO instead of just crying. I used to charge people to show them pvp moves, so consider yourself lucky. Drop me a PM whenever you want this simple lesson.
His advice was to cast protection and heal through his damage with spells, you best just make a video of you casting spells while running and not stopping, that would be amazing.

PaithanTheElf

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
His advice was to cast protection and heal through his damage with spells, you best just make a video of you casting spells while running and not stopping, that would be amazing.
Like I said, I will gladly show you. Anytime you want to hop on and have some knowledge dropped on you and learn to pvp, I will take a few minutes to do it. I am being proactive instead of you who just can't grasp what he is saying. You can make a video of it and show the world. lol

Speaking the Truth

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You said from moving shot. Show me you dying to someone using a comp bow while you are in protection and using potions. Actually scratch that you seem bad enough to pull that off.

XavierFromLs

Adventurer
Like I said, I will gladly show you. Anytime you want to hop on and have some knowledge dropped on you and learn to pvp, I will take a few minutes to do it. I am being proactive instead of you who just can't grasp what he is saying. You can make a video of it and show the world. lol
so you will show me me that you can cast protection and healing spells while running, please confirm.

PaithanTheElf

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
so you will show me me that you can cast protection and healing spells while running, please confirm.
I will show you how to cast protection and heal. You can switch from moving shot to mortal as you are explaining. I will show you how that will not work at all and how you do not know much about pvp.

XavierFromLs

Adventurer
You said from moving shot. Show me you dying to someone using a comp bow while you are in protection and using potions. Actually scratch that you seem bad enough to pull that off.
what did i say from moving shot? Your advice to help against moving shot was to cast protection and then simply just cast healing spells, but you didn't take into account that he would be mortalling, i had to bring it up for you and then you said he can't mortal while on the run, but how am i going to cast protection and heal if i don't stop?

Speaking the Truth

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
what did i say from moving shot? Your advice to help against moving shot was to cast protection and then simply just cast healing spells, but you didn't take into account that he would be mortalling, i had to bring it up for you and then you said he can't mortal while on the run, but how am i going to cast protection and heal if i don't stop?
You said it when you were complaining that moving shot was too powerful and you wouldn't be able to stop as though the other player has a gun to your head not letting you stop.

I never claimed you could cast on the run. What you would do though since you need me to explain it. Is you cast the 2nd circle protection. Then cast G heal and use a G Heal pot. If they mortal you apple, and heal yourself, then move so you can't be mortaled again.

If you have any other questions please let me know, by the end you should be able to live against moving shot while playing a mage in protection. Also you can pick up parry and increase DCI but we will save that for another time. I don't want to give you too much info at once.

XavierFromLs

Adventurer
You said it when you were complaining that moving shot was too powerful and you wouldn't be able to stop as though the other player has a gun to your head not letting you stop.

I never claimed you could cast on the run. What you would do though since you need me to explain it. Is you cast the 2nd circle protection. Then cast G heal and use a G Heal pot. If they mortal you apple, and heal yourself, then move so you can't be mortaled again.

If you have any other questions please let me know, by the end you should be able to live against moving shot while playing a mage in protection. Also you can pick up parry and increase DCI but we will save that for another time. I don't want to give you too much info at once.
I never claimed you could mortal on the run. By the time I'm finished casting protection he has his mortal bow out shooting me, then he mortals while i'm casting gheal and i apple cancels my spell, then he double mortals, and what if he has a friend there, i'm doomed. Only solution is to nerf moving shot so i have a chance to run away.

PaithanTheElf

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I never claimed you could mortal on the run. By the time I'm finished casting protection he has his mortal bow out shooting me, then he mortals while i'm casting gheal and i apple cancels my spell, then he double mortals, and what if he has a friend there, i'm doomed. Only solution is to nerf moving shot so i have a chance to run away.
So now this is also becoming a 2v1 all of a sudden? And that is why it needs nerfed?

XavierFromLs

Adventurer
So now this is also becoming a 2v1 all of a sudden? And that is why it needs nerfed?
If i run straight line against two pure mages i'm not going to die or two melee dexxers or two mystic mages or two necro mages, its only archers. I never said it was a 1v1 to begin with.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Constructive posts are done it looks like @Captn Norrington

You guys need to go re-read this whole thread and figure out why pvp related issues never get taken seriously. #ashamed
I agree completely.

The pvp community always complains that their issues aren't taken seriously, but threads like this where people do try to have a serious discussion always devolve into petty bickering and pvp trashtalk. If the pvp community wants their issues to be taken seriously, perhaps they should stop attacking each other and destroying every thread about pvp stuff.

Original poster, feel free to re-post a new thread about this topic if you want.

Locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.