• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Can we get some love for the wakizashi

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I rather use a bleed wep and then switch to a harder hitting weapon for better results. If you pvpd you would know this.
I do, tyvm. I just don't play dexers because I ****ing suck on them & don't care enough to learn the differences between that and a mage, especially when it's more RNG dependent and I have **** luck with the UO RNG.

XavierFromLs

Adventurer
I do, tyvm. I just don't play dexers because I ****ing suck on them & don't care enough to learn the differences between that and a mage, especially when it's more RNG dependent and I have **** luck with the UO RNG.
So you admit you suck on a dexxer but you are trying to teach me how to play one by giving wrong and terrible advice to HELP your case? Very interesting. :gee:

Speaking the Truth

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm sorry i can't take you serious ever since you not knowing about mortals, best of luck to you.
You can't use mortals on the run(with archery, melee can yet another advantage), I'm sorry you keep switching topics.

Also you talk about buffing melee? What about things Ranged don't have. Parry, evade, riding swipe, splinter?

You don't consider those good? Are you aware all dexers can deal damage on the run and melee can use all specials on the move unlike archers? Should it be made so no dexers can deal damage while moving?

XavierFromLs

Adventurer
You can't use mortals on the run(with archery, melee can yet another advantage), I'm sorry you keep switching topics.

Also you talk about buffing melee? What about things Ranged don't have. Parry, evade, riding swipe, splinter?

You don't consider those good? Are you aware all dexers can deal damage on the run and melee can use all specials on the move unlike archers? Should it be made so no dexers can deal damage while moving?
I'm sorry i can't take you serious ever since you not knowing about mortals, best of luck to you.

Speaking the Truth

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You said when they were using moving shot, remember? So you keep trying to jump from one situation to another. You're as bad at proving points as you are at pvp evidently.

If they switch to mortal, use potions on the run as archers can't mortal on the run..

XavierFromLs

Adventurer
You said when they were using moving shot, remember? So you keep trying to jump from one situation to another. You're as bad at proving points as you are at pvp evidently.

If they switch to mortal, use potions on the run as archers can't mortal on the run..
Heal pot has a timer and they will continue to moving shot after i run from the mortal.

Speaking the Truth

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think you're confused about swing timers and how archers have to be stationary to use mortal. I'm glad I could help clear that up for you.

Speaking the Truth

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As everyone pointed out earlier, melee has their own advantages and can also deal damage on the run. So looks like everything is fine.

Speaking the Truth

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nope. The majority said it was fine. It was two people crying with no suggestion on what was balanced. Just "Increase it"

Speaking the Truth

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Look how many people actually voice their opinion and stated why it was fine, vs two people and a bunch of new accounts liking.

Speaking the Truth

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Everyone that disagrees with you is my guildmate? That's news to me.

So you're telling me every player used wakis before? I find this hard to believe. Every single dexer?

XavierFromLs

Adventurer
Everyone that disagrees with you is my guildmate? That's news to me.

So you're telling me every player used wakis before? I find this hard to believe. Every single dexer?
No not everyone that disagrees with me is your guildmate, it just happens to be that with this subject it is

No i am not saying every player used wakis before but some in your guild did and now none do.

Lord Trollo

Adventurer
dear new account person. why make a new acct to address every pvp concern? no one would hold it against you for getting your ass handed to you on say ATL or LS and then posting why those templates are overpowered on stratics. no one at all

XavierFromLs

Adventurer
dear new account person. why make a new acct to address every pvp concern? no one would hold it against you for getting your ass handed to you on say ATL or LS and then posting why those templates are overpowered on stratics. no one at all
Are you implying that I have another account? I don't but you look pretty new yourself, why did you make a new account?

XavierFromLs

Adventurer
guilty conscience? your account is not even 24 hours old yet.
Your post doesn't make much sense if that wasn't what you were implying that is why I ask. If you even read the thread its about something being UNDERpowered so i have no idea where you get this idea that i'm just posting about things being overpowered.

I Actually PVP

Adventurer
Bumping this.

I personally think 1.5 slow on a Waki is fine as is, especially with more and more other high caliber splintering weps out there that slow folks. However, I am concerned that, once again, we're running out of useful weapons in UO...

This is probably for a different thread, but while we're at it @Kyronix @Bleak @Mesanna, if you folks have any ideas for future updates, it would be nice if you chimed in and let us know if this is on the to-do list or not.

cobb

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I still think it needs to be longer than a nerve strike. Need to be longer than 2 seconds because it a slow and not a stun.

PaithanTheElf

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I still think it needs to be longer than a nerve strike. Need to be longer than 2 seconds because it a slow and not a stun.
Id agree with this if you were no longer slowed after you took damage just like a stun.

PaithanTheElf

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Weird how many new accounts are interested in buffing wakis and nerfing moving shot especially when a good argument hasn't been made for either. Go figure.

Buddy, the key is to provide a reason for why it should be changed...not just say, "this needs to be changed" and then spam us all to death with the same statement.
What do you mean, your buddy paith does it all the time, he makes a thread and then just says uhhhh is this intended? and just keeps spamming for a dev response

PaithanTheElf

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
But what about you and your guild interested in changing things that you don't like, is that not weird?
I'm the only one that has posted about changes from my guild. And mine are actual bugs in game or just general questions.

Lets see:
LMC bugged character (clearly a bug)
Thunderstorm hitting people in a house (clearly a bug)
Riding swipe bug (fixed- clearly I was correct)

Infused throw- resisting paralysis after dismount (seems to be a bug to me- checking with a dev)

Wall of Stone changing for no reason (general question- out of curiosity to why it was changed)
Pet casting spells while paralyzed (general question- not sure if they should be able to do this)

If the devs say that the items asked are working as intended, I would drop it right there. I am just bringing it to their attention because I do not believe they are aware of all of the mechanics.

Its not me complaining about how my temp needs a buff and other temps need a nerf.

I Actually PVP

Adventurer
What do you mean, your buddy paith does it all the time, he makes a thread and then just says uhhhh is this intended? and just keeps spamming for a dev response
How is asking a question the same as demanding a change without reason? Regardless of that point, Paith also doesn't make a new account every other day to bump his own posts. You do and that only further instills the fact that you're trying to distort things and generate artificial support for something that clearly needs artificial support to survive (ie. it's not popular and you're the only one pushing for it).

cobb

Sage
Stratics Veteran
its so funny how so important it is for him to get in the last word

How is asking a question the same as demanding a change without reason? Regardless of that point, Paith also doesn't make a new account every other day to bump his own posts. You do and that only further instills the fact that you're trying to distort things and generate artificial support for something that clearly needs artificial support to survive (ie. it's not popular and you're the only one pushing for it).
So if the thread was changed to is frenzied whirlwind intended to slow for such a short time? would that make you feel better? everyone would know what the intentions are. Paith gets his buddies like you to agree with him and bump his posts.

I'm the only one that has posted about changes from my guild. And mine are actual bugs in game or just general questions.

Lets see:
LMC bugged character (clearly a bug)
Thunderstorm hitting people in a house (clearly a bug)
Riding swipe bug (fixed- clearly I was correct)

Infused throw- resisting paralysis after dismount (seems to be a bug to me- checking with a dev)

Wall of Stone changing for no reason (general question- out of curiosity to why it was changed)
Pet casting spells while paralyzed (general question- not sure if they should be able to do this)

If the devs say that the items asked are working as intended, I would drop it right there. I am just bringing it to their attention because I do not believe they are aware of all of the mechanics.

Its not me complaining about how my temp needs a buff and other temps need a nerf.
Sup man i'm just wondering if frenzied whirlwind is intended to slow for such a short time, i think it might be a bug.