• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

enough is enough time to nerf moving shots

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Learn to heal. Its not hard. Pop a pot slap on a bandie. But pots and keep on running is more than enough, sooner or later they run out of mana.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you are getting killed by moving shots it sounds like you must be running away and not fighting...

Add some parry.

DJ Diddles

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Listen there needs to be some balance where i have a chance of getting away, 30+ damage moving shots is ridiculous.
No one is moving shotting you for 30 damage unless one of the following is true:

1. You are cursed. You either decided not to apple, don't carry then, or are cooldown, all of which were a result of your own decision making. Also, there are currently no curse archers (not mage archers, I'm talking 180/211 stam archers with curse) on ATL and LS is basically dead now. So at the very least, we're talking about a 2v1, as someone other than the moving shot archer is doing the curses.

2. They're using omen (which there are like 2 of on ATL), which has a less than 2 second uptime once cast (with no Spirit Speak, which these guys don't have), which means not only do they have to stop to cast, have you be in range to target, and then they still to be in moving shot range.

3. You below 70 resists.

If you are uncursed, unomened, and have all 70's, you're likely getting hit for ~18-20 base damage, and a maximum 50% chance of lightning (7-9 damage), and a maximum 50% chance of velocity (based on how far you are from them, ranging 1-~7 damage regularly). All of this is assuming 100 damage increase, and a minimum of 110 Tactics and Anatomy, there is a less than 25% chance that anyone is ever hitting you for 30 damage, and that's assuming both hit spells go off AND they hit you.

It's 2016. You're probably playing a mage weapon character with no parry. Don't be surprised when you get hit when you run no defense in your template. On an archer, I regularly miss or have my shots parried between 5-10 times consecutively (which is a minimum of 7 seconds, just for 5 misses, more than enough time for anyone to heal).

Sure, getting run down by 3+ archers is probably impossible to live against (especially without parry), but that's a product of it being 3v1. If you would stop running, and they dismounted you, you would be dead much quicker than you would be with moving shots, without that special even being used.

Also, same principle applies to your comment about Armor Ignores. You're not getting hit for 50 damage (unless omened), unless in the very rare chance that you get hit by an AI, both max range velocity and lightning go off, and then it may hit in the high 40's.

XavierFromLs

Adventurer
No one is moving shotting you for 30 damage unless one of the following is true:

If you are uncursed, unomened, and have all 70's, you're likely getting hit for ~18-20 base damage, and a maximum 50% chance of lightning (7-9 damage), and a maximum 50% chance of velocity (based on how far you are from them, ranging 1-~7 damage regularly). All of this is assuming 100 damage increase, and a minimum of 110 Tactics and Anatomy, there is a less than 25% chance that anyone is ever hitting you for 30 damage, and that's assuming both hit spells go off AND they hit you.
There is no way you wrote this with a straight face, no way. You say it so casually like this isn't overpowered.

18-20 + 7-9 + 1-7 DAMAGE while on the run isn't over powered? You sure you aren't biased?

DJ Diddles

Sage
Stratics Veteran
There is no way you wrote this with a straight face, no way. You say it so casually like this isn't overpowered.

18-20 + 7-9 + 1-7 DAMAGE while on the run isn't over powered? You sure you aren't biased?
You're typing all of this as if you actually take damage from every shot. Shots can miss. You can max out or even refine your DCI. You can get parry and a weapon skill. If moving shots had a 100% hit rate (which it is much lower than that), then yeah, it would be overpowered. But they do miss, a lot.

XavierFromLs

Adventurer
You're typing all of this as if you actually take damage from every shot. Shots can miss. You can max out or even refine your DCI. You can get parry and a weapon skill. If moving shots had a 100% hit rate (which it is much lower than that), then yeah, it would be overpowered. But they do miss, a lot.
The fact is you should not be doing that kind of damage while on the run with a ranged character. The fact is archers would still very good if they nerfed the moving shot damage. Where is your support for the melee dexxer being buffed so they have a purpose alongside the archers?

DJ Diddles

Sage
Stratics Veteran
It sounds like you want to keep your guild templates over powered
How would you know my guild and my guild's templates, @805connection, or I mean, @XavierFromLs? You sure do know a lot of Atlantic templates for being an LS player that joined today. Maybe try to improve yourself instead of being pedantic for a living.

Where is your support for the melee dexxer being buffed so they have a purpose alongside the archers?
Are you about to make that thread too? I'll post there when you do.

XavierFromLs

Adventurer
How would you know my guild and my guild's templates, @805connection, or I mean, @XavierFromLs? You sure do know a lot of Atlantic templates for being an LS player that joined today. Maybe try to improve yourself instead of being pedantic for a living.

Are you about to make that thread too? I'll post there when you do.
I'm sorry can you point to my post where i say I don't play atlantic? Stay biased my friend.

Yes i supported a thread for melee dexxers - buff the wakizashi, bet you will knock that down too, we need to keep your templates strong and nothing else.

Speaking the Truth

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm sorry can you point to my post where i say I don't play atlantic? Stay biased my friend.

Yes i supported a thread for melee dexxers - buff the wakizashi, bet you will knock that down too, we need to keep your templates strong and nothing else.
It seems like your issue stems from citing an example of how much damage is possible under the best circumstances assuming all archers have the ability to curse. As people have stated you can pick up parry or add more dci through refining if you are being hit too much.

You never said what type of character you were playing but based on your complaining on healing I'm assuming a mage. If that's the case you can use potions. Also cast protection and cast greater heals as moving shot/AI will never out damage greater heal and it won't stop you from healing either.

Lythos-

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You never said what type of character you were playing but based on your complaining on healing I'm assuming a mage. If that's the case you can use potions. Also cast protection and cast greater heals as moving shot/AI will never out damage greater heal and it won't stop you from healing either.
As it stands right now if RNG hits in favor of an archer and you stop to heal you're only going to get mortals stacked. Going into pro lowers physical as well so you're taking even higher damage (if you're not running stacked resists).

I've never had an issue with running shot but these mortal stacks and max swings are stupid.

XavierFromLs

Adventurer
It seems like your issue stems from citing an exampl\e of how much damage is possible under the best circumstances assuming all archers have the ability to curse. As people have stated you can pick up parry or add more dci through refining if you are being hit too much.

My issue stems from archers being much better than melee dexxers, but the people who are content with their archers and archer friends having the superior template don't want the melee dexxers to be buffed, so i support the only other way which is to nerf the superior templates (archers)

The fact that you didn't even bring up that he will be mortal spamming me if i stop to heal, makes me question if you know what you are talking about.

PaithanTheElf

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Archer friends? LOL. I believe every PvP guild has archers in it, which would make everyone archer friends. You aren't very bright are ya?

Lythos-

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Archer friends? LOL. I believe every PvP guild has archers in it, which would make everyone archer friends. You aren't very bright are ya?
Since you're pretty new to posting here i'll explain how it works. People bring up points and others offer their solutions or advice on how to fix the situation. The devs look at these posts and if they see you telling someone else they're not very bright then the devs consider you an arse and overlook YOUR complaints which seem to be a lot here recently.

This isn't general chat. The pvp community has to keep this civil and make our posts count.

DJ Diddles

Sage
Stratics Veteran

Can you point to my post where I said "you don't play Atlantic"? I referred to you as an "LS player" due to your username, which you should be very familiar with, as you just signed up today.

PaithanTheElf

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Since you're pretty new to posting here i'll explain how it works. People bring up points and others offer their solutions or advice on how to fix the situation. The devs look at these posts and if they see you telling someone else they're not very bright then the devs consider you an arse and overlook YOUR complaints which seem to be a lot here recently.

This isn't general chat. The pvp community has to keep this civil and make our posts count.
Good Point. I should not have stooped to his level.

But it is hard when someone just brushes off a counter and then comes up with hypothetical situations where archers never miss.

XavierFromLs

Adventurer
Can you point to my post where I said "you don't play Atlantic"? I referred to you as an "LS player" due to your username, which you should be very familiar with, as you just signed up today.
You questioned how i knew you and your guilds templates since i'm from ls... put your thinking cap on and understand that its possible to play different shards.

PaithanTheElf

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
so then the wakizashi should have never been nerfed because dexxers miss so much!
Ummm.. this isn't a thread about wakizashis and how overpowered they were and still are.

They both have the same chance to hit or miss though, so not really sure where you were even trying to go with this "point"- and i use this term very loosely.

DJ Diddles

Sage
Stratics Veteran
You questioned how i knew you and your guilds templates since i'm from ls... put your thinking cap on and understand that its possible to play different shards.
Can you point me to where I said you or anyone else cannot play multiple shards? You'd think someone with a list of PvP grievances as long as yours, that you would have made a Stratics account before today. Of course that only holds up if this is your only Stratics account, which it isn't, @805connection /MrKyrite/Magic Johnson/Kick Buttowski/Xander.

Serious question: why make a new Stratics account just to complain about PvP issues, when 1. you abuse all of the current threads (healing mages, moving shot archers, and LMC bugged characters), 2. no one cares about the identity of your main account?

805connection

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Lets clear something up here...

1.) I'm not this idiot,
2.) Archers are not overpowered
3.) if you dont want to die to archers get parry and 80 dex like every other mage in yew and it wont be a issue.

DJ you are acting very banish assuming i'm this idiot. Nor have anything to hide

Speaking the Truth

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As it stands right now if RNG hits in favor of an archer and you stop to heal you're only going to get mortals stacked. Going into pro lowers physical as well so you're taking even higher damage (if you're not running stacked resists).

I've never had an issue with running shot but these mortal stacks and max swings are stupid.
The complaint was with moving shots, moving shots don't stop you from healing, and great heal will out heal it. Also I said in protection with pots. So you're talking about apples and oranges. We're talking about moving shots, not mortals.

But if he doesn't want to be mortal'd he can just run since you need to stop to shoot.

Speaking the Truth

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My issue stems from archers being much better than melee dexxers, but the people who are content with their archers and archer friends having the superior template don't want the melee dexxers to be buffed, so i support the only other way which is to nerf the superior templates (archers)

The fact that you didn't even bring up that he will be mortal spamming me if i stop to heal, makes me question if you know what you are talking about.

You said that moving shot was too powerful. If a player switches to mortal it will reset the swing timer, not to mention they can no longer use moving shot which was what you were crying about.

I'm guessing you're really bad at pvp based on everything I've read.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ranged weapons in general should just be capped at 1.5 attack speed, They'd still be very competitive, simply because of the weapons being ranged.

Melee dexers are at a disadvantage as it's much harder to hit with melee The damage output on ranged weapons is roughly the same as far as weapon damage goes, except ranged weapons can have Two hit-spells in addition to being ranged.

Melee is Bleed/Splinter, Nerve Strike, Feint, Riding Swipe & Deathstrike. (Nerve Strike, Riding Swipe, & Deathstrike require additional skill points) & you need to be close enough to swing your weapon which makes stamina/swingspeed increase less effective for melee dexers than it is for ranged. (this is why the only melee dexers you really see anymore are Nervestrike/Deathstrike.

Parry chance should be based on your Parry Skill & Weapon skill (and bushido if applicable) Wrestling/Anatomy should NOT count as "weapon skill" and should not factor into the parry success % at all. (reduce parry chance as a standalone by 50% & remove the dexterity restriction).

This is assuming the archer has 150 Str, 120 tactics, Anatomy, 100% damage increase, +10% damage modifier & 100% elemental damage Composite Bow (when applicable)
Running shot averages min 20-23-26 max damage not including hit-spells, curse, or omen
Running shot averages min 27-31-35 max damage while cursed. (if the composite bow is 100% elemental damage)
Running shot averages min 35-39-43 max damage while Cursed & Evil-Omen (100% elemental damage composite bow)

With the right setup Running Shot can hit harder than armor ignore on average with less mana cost and the ability to shoot while moving, it is overpowered.

Unfortunately with UO PvP you can't "fix" one thing without making something else overpowered, hence why parry was brought into my post

XavierFromLs

Adventurer
Can you point me to where I said you or anyone else cannot play multiple shards? You'd think someone with a list of PvP grievances as long as yours, that you would have made a Stratics account before today. Of course that only holds up if this is your only Stratics account, which it isn't, @805connection /MrKyrite/Magic Johnson/Kick Buttowski/Xander.

Serious question: why make a new Stratics account just to complain about PvP issues, when 1. you abuse all of the current threads (healing mages, moving shot archers, and LMC bugged characters), 2. no one cares about the identity of your main account?
You asked me how i knew what you and your guild plays, why are you back tracking and failing miserably? it's very awkward to watch. You have no idea what i play and you are guessing who i am.

by the way saying i abuse something and then pointing out that i want it fixed is making me look like an honorable person compared to you who abuses something and doesn't want it fixed. You are helping my case and I appreciate it.

Last edited:

Speaking the Truth

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How is someone going to mortal you on the run? Even though this now has nothing to do with moving shots..

You were crying about moving shot, people gave you multiple solutions. You being terrible at pvp, that's nothing that devs can help you with.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
HELP! People are doing damage to me! Please nerf it, and while you're at it please make it so where i can paralyze, poison, damage, curse, constipate, nauseate, drop their credit score, and insult their mother all at the same time.

Thanks.

XavierFromLs

Adventurer
How is someone going to mortal you on the run? Even though this now has nothing to do with moving shots..

You were crying about moving shot, people gave you multiple solutions. You being terrible at pvp, that's nothing that devs can help you with.
I have no idea how someone is going to mortal on the run, you tell me.

Some people like you have gave solutions that don't work, I do appreciate the effort at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.