• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Spirituality Virtue Buff in PVP,

805connection

Sage
Stratics Veteran

Right now If you have knight of Spirituality you are given a shield that absorbs damage

• Seeker: 5% shield, with 50 shield HP
  • Follower: 10% shield, with 100 shield HP
  • Knight: 20% shield, with 200 shield HP
the Problem is you can apply this shield on other players and it's usable in PVP..

20% of all damage is reduced up to 1000 hp while its activated. Reminds me of old school Swamp dragons.

I'm not sure if this is intended to be used for PVP but its seems a bit Overpowered seeing how it only takes like 5 min to work up ...

I Actually PVP

Adventurer

Right now If you have knight of Spirituality you are given a shield that absorbs damage

• Seeker: 5% shield, with 50 shield HP
  • Follower: 10% shield, with 100 shield HP
  • Knight: 20% shield, with 200 shield HP
the Problem is you can apply this shield on other players and it's usable in PVP..

20% of all damage is reduced up to 1000 hp while its activated. Reminds me of old school Swamp dragons.

I'm not sure if this is intended to be used for PVP but its seems a bit Overpowered seeing how it only takes like 5 min to work up ...
Agreed. This shield shouldn't be applicable to PvP. It covers too much damage and just adds another unnecessary level of complexity and just further boosts survivability in pvp. We already have suits with max hpi, 18+ hpr, max eaters, rpd, and SW spells that can be used by just about anyone to buff themselves before battles.

Not only that, spirituality is far too easy to build up, apply a shield, and then go build up again and repeat. It's just asking to be abused.

Whole thing should be removed from pvp

cobb

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Too easy to gain in the virtue. Players should not be able to max out their Spirituality virtue by spamming Rez for a few minutes.

I also think the shield has no place in pvp in the first place. Players already run around with 150 hp, 18 HPR, and max damage eaters.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yet another reason why Mortal Strike has become more important than ever in PvP. Between 150 Health/18 HPR/30% Eaters/50% EP Heals, and now this, you can't burst people down solo now, so Mortal Strike is practically required to kill. Hence why you have some people calling for a Mortal Strike nerf, because it's being used more often now just so you can kill people.

805connection

Sage
Stratics Veteran
My Logic? I was not talking to you at all I Was speaking to the Poster above me who said another reason Mortals have a place to stay in pvp, along with all the other survivability builds out there. B

But as for a healing mage I have nothing bad to say about that and I'm on your side. A 140 dex healing mage parry mage offers tons of damage, and will allow you to survive with 1 or 2 geared out archers running you down. it also gives you more than enough fire power to drop any dexxer in the game...

it is the perfect template to balance out UO from the overpowered archers and stealth dexxers. I'm amazed more people have not jumped on board with that temp.

Add healing mages ep from alchy and Spirit buff in pvp, you have more survivability than any other temp in UO.

I mean the best part about it is how cheap they are to make, invest 300 mil into a suit and you can take out a archer with a 2 billion gold suit in less than 15 seconds.

Since you brought it up I think the temp is great and there is not style mage I would play in a group than a 4 second bandage mage with parry.

PaithanTheElf

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My Logic? I was not talking to you at all I Was speaking to the Poster above me who said another reason Mortals have a place to stay in pvp, along with all the other survivability builds out there. B

But as for a healing mage I have nothing bad to say about that and I'm on your side. A 140 dex healing mage parry mage offers tons of damage, and will allow you to survive with 1 or 2 geared out archers running you down. it also gives you more than enough fire power to drop any dexxer in the game...

it is the perfect template to balance out UO from the overpowered archers and stealth dexxers. I'm amazed more people have not jumped on board with that temp.

Add healing mages ep from alchy and Spirit buff in pvp, you have more survivability than any other temp in UO.

I mean the best part about it is how cheap they are to make, invest 300 mil into a suit and you can take out a archer with a 2 billion gold suit in less than 15 seconds.

Since you brought it up I think the temp is great and there is not style mage I would play in a group than a 4 second bandage mage with parry.
lol. Please play your healing mage. I need the lolz.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How do you work it up in 5 minutes?
They exagerate...to go from 0-Knight takes about 20-25 mins.
After each use you have to replentish the virtue depending on how much it absorbed. So yes they might only need 5 mins if the shield wasnt used much, but if it was used fully it drops you to 2 dots from follower I believe and then takes 10-15 mins to recharge.

XavierFromLs

Adventurer
They exagerate...to go from 0-Knight takes about 20-25 mins.
After each use you have to replentish the virtue depending on how much it absorbed. So yes they might only need 5 mins if the shield wasnt used much, but if it was used fully it drops you to 2 dots from follower I believe and then takes 10-15 mins to recharge.
and what is the fastest way to raise it?

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
and what is the fastest way to raise it?
2 accounts...
kill character on account 1
apply bandages with character on account 2 ( who you wish to train Spirituality on)
when rez gump pops up ignore it and just loop bandage macro
fast easy and takes about 100-150 bandies if memory serves me right

oh and then just like honor....invoke the virtue and target yourself to activate

Last edited: