• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Can we get some love for the wakizashi

PaithanTheElf

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have seen people use the wakizashi and still make it very useful. It still is a game changer weapon. Maybe you should learn how to make it viable. Plus, your post did not even offer a suggestion as to how you think it should be fixed.

Dixie chessy/legends

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
what would be really nice is if base weapon speed spawned random on each weapon......not a set speed for each type.....i mean heavy crossbows are so slow no one uses them....if they spawned with a random base speed you would have the chance to have a heavy x bow as fast as a dagger...making all weapons useful again..........................and before someone says well technically a cross bow wouldnt be as fast as a dagger, horse Sh**...we live in a world of magic on uo. if you can summon skeletal dragons and morph yourself into a rabbit then yes a x bow can swing as fast as a dagger

I Actually PVP

Adventurer
..i mean heavy crossbows are so slow no one uses them....if they spawned with a random base speed you would have the chance to have a heavy x bow as fast as a dagger...making all weapons useful again
What????
I assume this is from a PvM perspective because heavy x-bows are used by literally every single archer that pvp's....

Regardless of that point, the major flaw in your proposal is that if you're going to make the speed random you have to also make the base damage random and that's going to lead to problems. Nothing that swings as fast as a dagger should be doing 20+ dmg a shot + hit spell + velocity.

I guess in this age of everyone having stam suits this change will probably be coming soon...

Dixie chessy/legends

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
What????
I assume this is from a PvM perspective because heavy x-bows are used by literally every single archer that pvp's....

Regardless of that point, the major flaw in your proposal is that if you're going to make the speed random you have to also make the base damage random and that's going to lead to problems. Nothing that swings as fast as a dagger should be doing 20+ dmg a shot + hit spell + velocity.

I guess in this age of everyone having stam suits this change will probably be coming soon...
yeah i totally dont pvp...but in pvm slowed weps are junk...id be cool with a roll of the dice on base damage to..u still might get that x bow that hits for 20 and swings fast as a dagger...might be 1 in a billion but the chance to get it would be there

I Actually PVP

Adventurer
yeah i totally dont pvp...but in pvm slowed weps are junk...id be cool with a roll of the dice on base damage to..u still might get that x bow that hits for 20 and swings fast as a dagger...might be 1 in a billion but the chance to get it would be there
In all of UO every single weapon except for like 10 are complete and total junk, that got screwed up long ago.

Like with merging shards, while it's a good idea in theory and would make the game more attractive, there's no way to reset the field and make all weps equally useful without pissing off the majority of the current population...

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I just want to quickly voice my opinion, the wakzishi desperately needs a buff, thing is trash tier now, increase the slow by 1 second and we gucci.
Really? We're doing this again.....?

randy

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
It 's still very useful in situations don't think it needs to be as extreme as it was before.

Goodmann

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
what would be really nice is if base weapon speed spawned random on each weapon......not a set speed for each type.....i mean heavy crossbows are so slow no one uses them....if they spawned with a random base speed you would have the chance to have a heavy x bow as fast as a dagger...making all weapons useful again..........................and before someone says well technically a cross bow wouldnt be as fast as a dagger, horse Sh**...we live in a world of magic on uo. if you can summon skeletal dragons and morph yourself into a rabbit then yes a x bow can swing as fast as a dagger
this would make some weapons useful again like the old days of Vanq weapon. I mean archer can already now shoot at 1.25 with there 210+ stam suits same with throwers so this gives some love to the melee chars and tank mages! Good Idea

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
have they fixed the dang riding swipe on a garg, I cant fly after, says I need to heal pet first. I have no pet and I'm fully healed wth lol

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
and before someone says well technically a cross bow wouldnt be as fast as a dagger, horse Sh**...we live in a world of magic on uo.
Wow, I really like it.
Can I have a crossbow that spawns with two mounted auto-reload cannons? While one cannon shoots ordinary cannon balls, the other should shoot GDs, which immediately attack what they hit.
I mean, hey, we live in a world of magic, right?
That would be so cool!

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have no problem brokering a fight between you guys , you down?

Edit: i was just told you don't pvp, ignore the above.
LOL @ acting like you're not him. Try to troll better please. How many alts are you going to make?

I dont think that is the concensus
Nah, it is. For all of the alt accounts he's making. But in all of this, he can't offer ONE reason for it being fixed beyond his obvious inability to play his DSer now that the Waki's forced walk timer is a little shorter.

XavierFromLs

Adventurer
@drcossack sounds like you have a crush on this guy if all you do is follow him and his alts around.

also he did give a reason why it should be fixed, you just need to let go of your hatred and read what he says, I agree with him

cobb

Sage
Stratics Veteran
It seems very weak compared to other specials used in pvp now.

Nerve strike has a stun, which is stronger than a slow effect. It also has a longer duration (2 seconds).

The waki slow effect should be longer than 2 seconds. 2.25 seconds at the minimum.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@drcossack sounds like you have a crush on this guy if all you do is follow him and his alts around.

also he did give a reason why it should be fixed, you just need to let go of your hatred and read what he says, I agree with him
I read your original post. The "solution" you're proposing is clearly self-serving just so you can play your Deathstriker again. The waki's current slow is fine as is. Can you give a CONCRETE example of the slow timer being too short, or it being an underpowered special?

XavierFromLs

Adventurer
I read your original post. The "solution" you're proposing is clearly self-serving just so you can play your Deathstriker again. The waki's current slow is fine as is. Can you give a CONCRETE example of the slow timer being too short, or it being an underpowered special?
I don't have a deathstriker... Read the OPs post, he said why it is under powered, the slow debuff is too short, short as in not long enough, should it be said in a different language to help you understand?

PaithanTheElf

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It seems very weak compared to other specials used in pvp now.

Nerve strike has a stun, which is stronger than a slow effect. It also has a longer duration (2 seconds).

The waki slow effect should be longer than 2 seconds. 2.25 seconds at the minimum.
Nerve can be boxxed out of instantly. Slow cant.

I do not agree with you.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't have a deathstriker... Read the OPs post, he said why it is under powered, the slow debuff is too short, short as in not long enough, should it be said in a different language to help you understand?
The OP:

This thing has turned from an OP wep to a wep you only use to kill mounts and summoned creatures. You nerfed the slow timer too much, increase it just a little.

@Bleak @Kyronix @Mesanna
It actually ISN'T too short. It just requires a bit more effort on the part of the user to make it effective. Dismount and/or splinter come to mind.

XavierFromLs

Adventurer
The OP:

It actually ISN'T too short. It just requires a bit more effort on the part of the user to make it effective. Dismount and/or splinter come to mind.
So are you admitting he did say why it is under powered? Yes it is too short, there is no more effort that needs to be part of the user, you miss one time and the person is gone, that is it.

PaithanTheElf

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You should not be able to have splintering on a wep that can already slow. The special is still overpowered. And the wep destroys horses as well.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So are you admitting he did say why it is under powered? Yes it is too short, there is no more effort that needs to be part of the user, you miss one time and the person is gone, that is it.
Are you only reading what you WANT to read? There is no point in using it on a mounted player, hence my bringing up DISMOUNT. If you miss with Frenzied Whirlwind and the player is mounted, no **** they're going to get away. Did it ever occur to you (as the thread creator) that you should make it HARDER for the person to escape?

XavierFromLs

Adventurer
Are you only reading what you WANT to read? There is no point in using it on a mounted player, hence my bringing up DISMOUNT. If you miss with Frenzied Whirlwind and the player is mounted, no **** they're going to get away. Did it ever occur to you (as the thread creator) that you should make it HARDER for the person to escape?
if someone is dismounted and i am mounted i don't need to slow them, i can just use a wep that does more damage while being faster than them, are you ok?

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So then explain why I would want to use a waki over a wep that does more damage after i dismount them? You can't, checkmate.

@drcossack
Frenzied's tick damage, then switch to a harder hitting weapon.

But again, you clearly want a longer slow just to make it easier for you to kill people. UO doesn't work that way. Try again.

XavierFromLs

Adventurer
Frenzied's tick damage, then switch to a harder hitting weapon.

But again, you clearly want a longer slow just to make it easier for you to kill people. UO doesn't work that way. Try again.
I rather use a bleed wep and then switch to a harder hitting weapon for better results. If you pvpd you would know this.