• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Shard consolidation idea

The way I would consolidate servers: leave an "alternate land/reality" mark that a player can use to visit their own house and other visitors also see. Duplicate that part of the land.

So, if I have a castle on Drachenfels, but transferred to Atlantic, .. now going to Atlantic somewhere in a non-blocked near location there is a black wisp like thing, when you click it, it transports you to that part with the castle, on a carved out piece of land, floating in "space" like this:

And instead of making it costly to move at all, make it free for people who forfeit their house, and charge for this "alternate reality" house portal. I would also try to think of a few more incentives for players to make the move, with the currently most populated shared coming with the best incentives. Perhaps a cool rare and title "from another dimension", etc.

I've been back only for a few days, be gentle. It's just a rough idea. :) I moved one character from Europa to Atlantic and two from Drachenfels to Atlantic.

Goodmann

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Good idea but one that many will not agree.
1. A lot like playing the small shards bc they can spawn/farm with ease then transfer there goods and sell them.
2. Some like there "community" even if it's only 20 players example-origin,siege
3. the latency problem
4. people just not willing to consolidate

I am up for a shard merger or ideas like this but it's never gonna happen :( Would be nice to see the lands full again

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The way I would consolidate servers: leave an "alternate land/reality" mark that a player can use to visit their own house and other visitors also see. Duplicate that part of the land.

So, if I have a castle on Drachenfels, but transferred to Atlantic, .. now going to Atlantic somewhere in a non-blocked near location there is a black wisp like thing, when you click it, it transports you to that part with the castle, on a carved out piece of land, floating in "space" like this:

And instead of making it costly to move at all, make it free for people who forfeit their house, and charge for this "alternate reality" house portal. I would also try to think of a few more incentives for players to make the move, with the currently most populated shared coming with the best incentives. Perhaps a cool rare and title "from another dimension", etc.

I've been back only for a few days, be gentle. It's just a rough idea. :) I moved one character from Europa to Atlantic and two from Drachenfels to Atlantic.
No thanks ;-)

You betrayed DF! We will never forgive traitors! :p

Ellie

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
You have a house or castle in a spot on shard a. They merge it with shard b. There is a house or castle on shard b where your house is on a. Who gets the spot?? It wont work.

temu

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This topic is taboo, but I still like to flirt with it once in a while. It's annoying to have to connect to the east coast to play on a high population shard.

Old Vet Back Again

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
I've been saying it ALL ALONG...Merge Dungeons and leave housing alone. West Coast Dungeons Merge, East Coast Dungeons Merge, European Dungeons Merge.

Also, just my opinion but get rid of T2A entirely, in regards to champs spawns there is no reason we should have 10+ champ spawns in a land completely unused other than EM events.

PaithanTheElf

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Stratics has a new asshat rule that says that any thread the Bonnie disapproves of should be locked and deleted. Bonnie has repeatedly stated this wont happen....these types of rumors damage her delicate psyche....Moderators....please remove and delete this thread and issue warning to anyone who even considered posting in it!

Thank you...
there is a new nazi regime in town!
Get use to it!
We should know what threads are allowed and not. I have no clue about what threads have been deleted other than ones I have made of course.