• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Hawkwind's Robe,Entrantchess Cameo ect

Goodmann

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I tried to use powder of fort on these items and it says it can not be applied. I thought I read somewhere they were fixing this? Can anyone confirm this?

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm sure they were only fixing the issue where they couldn't be repaired.

They don't have a brittle tag so they should be POF'able in my opinion but sadly it appears they can't be. Same with a lot of the new stuff.

Goodmann

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm sure they were only fixing the issue where they couldn't be repaired.

They don't have a brittle tag so they should be POF'able in my opinion but sadly it appears they can't be. Same with a lot of the new stuff.
I thought I read they were powderable. These things take massive damage when doing spawns ect. If they cant be fixed they need to increase the drop rate. I don't think people want to use items in a suit if they have to replace it in 1-2 months

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
First thing is first: they need to make them repairable before we worry about if they are POF-able.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I'm just going to say this now....

Yet another reason to totally blow off doing anything in Eodon. Yes give me another reason not to care about the new lands... way to go.

Lord Taliesin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Usually after a major publish there's a small bug fix patch for things like this. I'm suprised it hasn't come yet. There's also the issue of the passive mastery buff disappearing when you die.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Usually after a major publish there's a small bug fix patch for things like this. I'm suprised it hasn't come yet. There's also the issue of the passive mastery buff disappearing when you die.
It makes sense to give it atleast a month before patching. Hopefully they would patch at the time that they have to turn off the Doom event.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
WOW How did this get past the TEST stage if they are repairable and POFable?

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
They're also not dye-able with Tokuno dyes, only dye tubs and the colors come out a lot lighter than desirable. But again... that should also take a back seat to the repair issue. When I last tried last week, it still didn't work for me.

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I just attended the Meet and Greet on Chessy with the dev team and this issue was brought up. Mesanna said they will be made to be repaired and powdered, but not altered.

Last edited:

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So there are many problems with the new drops not repairable, powder-able, alterable, or dye-able with pigments....

Hopefully the team reads this thread and apply the necessary changes.

It Lives

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
WOW How did this get past the TEST stage if they are repairable and POFable?
The artifacts were not given to testers until late in testing( test center 1 open to public) where were you...? Any way it was late in testing and by then most testers by this point were sick of not being listened too and stopped testing, not all but most.

Caelyr

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
For anyone wondering, I've been able to repair a Jumu's Sacred Hide, and an Enchantress' Cameo; however, neither item is POFable.

I would be okay with these new items not being powderable if the Shadowguard encounter and its rooms all provisioned for medium- to large-sized parties such that spawn isn't created exponentially per-person, bottles and drake wings spawn in increased numbers per-person, water elementals don't fill the screen in 2 spawns, leaving impassable objects coating the floor (there is a hard limit to how frequently you can axe or pick up puzzle pieces - please stop torturing us with kneecapped game mechanics). This would hopefully make it easier to coordinate in big groups. Most other things become easier when hunting in numbers, but my experience with Shadowguard so far has been the opposite. I wouldn't ask that the encounter was made easier, but I am advocating that it is balanced to be made tolerable when hunting in numbers over 2-3 in the rooms, and over 4-5 in the boss encounter.

Yeah, fine-tuned balancing, and/or just make the artifacts powderable.
Cheers.

Goodmann

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For anyone wondering, I've been able to repair a Jumu's Sacred Hide, and an Enchantress' Cameo; however, neither item is POFable.

I would be okay with these new items not being powderable if the Shadowguard encounter and its rooms all provisioned for medium- to large-sized parties such that spawn isn't created exponentially per-person, bottles and drake wings spawn in increased numbers per-person, water elementals don't fill the screen in 2 spawns, leaving impassable objects coating the floor (there is a hard limit to how frequently you can axe or pick up puzzle pieces - please stop torturing us with kneecapped game mechanics). This would hopefully make it easier to coordinate in big groups. Most other things become easier when hunting in numbers, but my experience with Shadowguard so far has been the opposite. I wouldn't ask that the encounter was made easier, but I am advocating that it is balanced to be made tolerable when hunting in numbers over 2-3 in the rooms, and over 4-5 in the boss encounter.

Yeah, fine-tuned balancing, and/or just make the artifacts powderable.
Cheers.
they already stated they would be powderable. prob in next publish

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I'm curious about powdering artifacts, as I've not had the need to do it or would just replace an artifact with a newer one.

At what durability do you powder them? And do you powder them all the way back up to max (whether its 150 or 255)?

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Could you tell me where I might see it stated by a developer?
11/2/15 Dev Meet And Greet On Chesapeake Transcript

Cutthroat Fisher says: Good evening. Will the Hawkwind robe be fixed so we can powder, repair, and alter them?
Mesanna says: hello Cutthroat
Kyronix says: Repair and Powder, but not alter
Cutthroat Fisher says: okay, thank you for clarifying
Cutthroat Fisher says: good night

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm curious about powdering artifacts, as I've not had the need to do it or would just replace an artifact with a newer one.

At what durability do you powder them? And do you powder them all the way back up to max (whether its 150 or 255)?
Whenever you like. You can powder them right back up to 255/255 if they allow it. I've had my mace n shield glasses for years now. When they drop low (normally cos I forget) I can just powder them right back up to 255/255.

You can't powder [replica] items though. These usually come with 150 durability.

I hope they allow the boots of escaping to be powered also. If an item can't be powered it should have the "brittle" tag applied. Lets keep it consistent.

Caelyr

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran

Cutthroat Fisher says: Good evening. Will the Hawkwind robe be fixed so we can powder, repair, and alter them?
Neat, thanks. Haven't had much luck with the Stratics search function.

Now we wait and see if this makes it to publish. My sampire needs that LMC. Baaad.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
The artifacts were not given to testers until late in testing( test center 1 open to public) where were you...? Any way it was late in testing and by then most testers by this point were sick of not being listened too and stopped testing, not all but most.
I don't know about the not listening part, that wasn't my experience when testing.

But you're right, these were not delivered until the very end which gave very little time to test prior to going live on Origin.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Any update on this? Can these be powered do we know?

I've been using a couple of artifacts but i've not had to repair yet.

Goodmann

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Any update on this? Can these be powered do we know?

I've been using a couple of artifacts but i've not had to repair yet.
no update yet but prob be fixed with bug publish after the holidays, lets hope

I'm not sure how to do the @Devs things but I'd like to ask if we're going to be able to Alter Hawkwind's Robe and Ozymandia's Obi for Gargoyles? I just recently built a suit that took many Valorite Hammers to craft. I successfully altered Shanty's Waders and Jumu's Sacred Hide only to be super let down to be not able to finish my suit with the HR and OO. I'd love it if I were able to finish that suit someday soon, in which case its not a waste and I can stash it until the time comes.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm just going to say this now....

Yet another reason to totally blow off doing anything in Eodon. Yes give me another reason not to care about the new lands... way to go.
Really, you HAVE to test the Masteries. You are missing some great stuff. Buy yourself Level 2 for the nicest skills and just have some fun! ;-)

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
By the way: I never managed it to wear out an artifact lower than 249... If you fight on a daily basis you can do so for months and wont ruin the item. Lets see: You let them go down to, lets say, 120 - and repair them. Next step it might have 254... Now you will have to fight for ages to get them down to 120 again. And you can repair them back to 253? Boy, how many hours are you spending with ONE toon fighting?

I think I got around 30 toons and change them mostly every day, because I need them for different purposes - how can anybody wear out an artifact? They last forever, even wenn you repair them so often, that you land at 230 dura (which never happened to me).

Just saying: POFable is the last thing that worries me. First of all, they should be repairable and dyable. I would never wear an artie which doesnt fit to the colorscheme of my chars...

Goodmann

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
By the way: I never managed it to wear out an artifact lower than 249... If you fight on a daily basis you can do so for months and wont ruin the item. Lets see: You let them go down to, lets say, 120 - and repair them. Next step it might have 254... Now you will have to fight for ages to get them down to 120 again. And you can repair them back to 253? Boy, how many hours are you spending with ONE toon fighting?

I think I got around 30 toons and change them mostly every day, because I need them for different purposes - how can anybody wear out an artifact? They last forever, even wenn you repair them so often, that you land at 230 dura (which never happened to me).

Just saying: POFable is the last thing that worries me. First of all, they should be repairable and dyable. I would never wear an artie which doesnt fit to the colorscheme of my chars...
you must be a casual gamer to never go below 249 lol -thats a half day. Def do not make then dyeable if they can't be powderable. Shadowguard is dead to me until there is a fix for powdering items. *Waits for next pub for content*

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Really, you HAVE to test the Masteries. You are missing some great stuff. Buy yourself Level 2 for the nicest skills and just have some fun! ;-)
In order to get masteries since they can't be transferred I'd first off have to be able to do champ spawns or the Turtle spawn on my shard... and while I have done the Turtle spawn a few dozen times I've never ever gotten anything but level 1's..... I'm NOT paying for them...

To do a Champ spawn requires people... and I can't solo them... well I could but it would take a couple hours at least and I can say for sure that if I did try one I'd get raided before I could finish it...

And as for level 2's go I've found most of them suck.

And for the Taming Mastery level 3 is what you need... and the chance of me getting one of those is about like finding a needle in a haystack and there is NO WAY I'm paying 60 mill for one.

Most the time I have to play is very limited and usually taken up by obligatory things. So my "free play" time is very short. So I just don't see me getting them.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In order to get masteries since they can't be transferred I'd first off have to be able to do champ spawns or the Turtle spawn on my shard... and while I have done the Turtle spawn a few dozen times I've never ever gotten anything but level 1's..... I'm NOT paying for them...

To do a Champ spawn requires people... and I can't solo them... well I could but it would take a couple hours at least and I can say for sure that if I did try one I'd get raided before I could finish it...

And as for level 2's go I've found most of them suck.

And for the Taming Mastery level 3 is what you need... and the chance of me getting one of those is about like finding a needle in a haystack and there is NO WAY I'm paying 60 mill for one.

Most the time I have to play is very limited and usually taken up by obligatory things. So my "free play" time is very short. So I just don't see me getting them.
I tried lvl 2 Spellweaving, Ninjitsu and Magery and I love them. Just wanted to hook you up a bit. I never did that champ myself. I just buy them or trade them (you will find people trading even lvl 3 primers for other items) and had so much fun with the new abilities of my old toons...

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
you must be a casual gamer to never go below 249 lol -thats a half day. Def do not make then dyeable if they can't be powderable. Shadowguard is dead to me until there is a fix for powdering items. *Waits for next pub for content*
Well, I am playing 1-2 hours each day. Some days 4+, some only 30 min. If that is casual playing, you are right. But as I said: There is no single toon I am using for all of the things I am doing ingame. So, I really never ever wore an artie down lower than 240-something. Its an absolute riddle for my how you can wear them out so easily.

Ah, wait: Maybe its because I am playing spellcasters 99 % of the time? Melee-chars wearing out the arties faster? That might be the reason. If so: Apologies.

Goodmann

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, I am playing 1-2 hours each day. Some days 4+, some only 30 min. If that is casual playing, you are right. But as I said: There is no single toon I am using for all of the things I am doing ingame. So, I really never ever wore an artie down lower than 240-something. Its an absolute riddle for my how you can wear them out so easily.

Ah, wait: Maybe its because I am playing spellcasters 99 % of the time? Melee-chars wearing out the arties faster? That might be the reason. If so: Apologies.
yeah spellcasters take no damage hardly ever. I am talking melee characters Sampire,Whammys ect

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
With all of the accounts you have, you don't even have ONE Sampire? A single sampire can solo Despise start to finish in about 20 minutes. Even on a tamer it doesn't take that long - the hardest part of soloing Despise on a Tamer is Barracoon.

Surely you have SOME people who would be willing to help you...

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
With all of the accounts you have, you don't even have ONE Sampire? A single sampire can solo Despise start to finish in about 20 minutes. Even on a tamer it doesn't take that long - the hardest part of soloing Despise on a Tamer is Barracoon.

Surely you have SOME people who would be willing to help you...
Most of my friends are off to bed shortly after the obligatory things are done, which leaves me alone most of my "day"... and I refuse to play UO solo. And while I have a sampire anymore she seems to miss more than hit and dies... which well... pretty much ends my trip the just not hitting for 3 or 4 to 5 swings anymore kills me every time... I've pretty well given up on it. As for tamers I can chomp away at stuff for an hour and barely move the spawn along though I think I'm doing tons of killing. So takes too long unless it's a baracoon and doing it in Despise is like asking to be killed. My shard isn't dead I don't care what hour your doing it. That is suicide.

Tabin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Sampire is my main char and i love it. Dexxers in general kill studf pretty quickly. Its fun soloing stuff too. Makes the game challenging. I get it tho. This game is a mmo. It should be more fun to play as a team. I personally find pvm content lackluster in big groups. Its not very challenging :(

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
and I refuse to play UO solo.
You can always hop on ATL when you homeshard goes to bed for the night. Plenty of guilds would welcome a vet, even if it was only on a limited part-time basis. ;)

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
You can always hop on ATL when you homeshard goes to bed for the night. Plenty of guilds would welcome a vet, even if it was only on a limited part-time basis. ;)
I've considered it but as I told my friends the one thing I really want is the level 3 Taming Mastery x about 10... which is NON-Transferable so that rather makes it a moot point. Though it would be fun to do the roof a few times and at least that stuff is transferable.

And yes while I probably could make enough gold doing whatever over on Atl to buy the Masteries on GLs... I've never really had a vendor... in over 15 years of playing it's never been something I cared to do... I can't see me starting to use one now.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

I have a cameo that in less than 2 months of doing spawns is now at 168/250. I have been swapping it out with others when I can so hopefully it won't wear out completely before they make then powderable. *Crosses fingers*

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I've considered it but as I told my friends the one thing I really want is the level 3 Taming Mastery x about 10... which is NON-Transferable so that rather makes it a moot point.
The Primer itself is Non-Transferable, but if you use the primer you can still transfer the character and keep it... which sort of defeats the purpose of making them shard-bound... at least for those of us who have shard-shields.

Half way there!... *sigh*

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The Primer itself is Non-Transferable, but if you use the primer you can still transfer the character and keep it... which sort of defeats the purpose of making them shard-bound... at least for those of us who have shard-shields.

Half way there!... *sigh*
Though I have shard shields on some of my accounts believe it or not only ONE account has a shield to Atl.... I don't plan to get them on my other accounts and probably 9 out of the 13 accounts have tamers(I think only 4 of my accounts are old enough for the shields yet)... that would benefit ONE tamer. It's not like he can eat it and then bring it home cough it up and give it to my other tamers... and if I were going to buy a transfer to go there and back again on my other tamers that would be more expensive than just buying the primer at 60M...

Believe it or not not everyone wants to be on Atl. Personally I wouldn't even have a shield to Atl at all but that seems to be where people have to go to do business anymore and I got that one nearly last mostly just because some of my friends wanted me to get them something or bring things home for them from there... Otherwise I probably would have waited to get that one till the very last. Though now I have a full set of shields to all the shards. But I will say I almost never go anywhere.

And making them shard bound IMO when you can transfer after eating them and still have them only serves to make them more expensive on more populated shards and such... if low population shards aren't really going to be able to sell them anyway since most people that live there can do champ spawns and all themselves anytime they want... so why pay for something you can get yourself? The only thing making them Non-transferable, unable to be bound and not have books to put them into serves is cluttering up the dead shards and driving up prices on the more populated shards so no one can afford them but the very rich and just serves to make the large Fel guilds richer. Also breeds contempt for the system as a whole... but what do I know. I see level 1 primers on shards all the time dumped at banks and everything... not even worth selling the things.

J. E. Tamer

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OOC: (I wish the drop rates for Eodon recipes and armor pieces were increased.)