• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

I thought Time of Legends was free

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
It was only free if you subscribed during the preset time period

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It was free for active accounts during the launch (Sept/Oct). If you didn't have an active account during that time, you have to purchase it just like any other expansion.

Crimson Hawk Moth

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Considering I have access to the new lands, and have done the turtle spawn, I would assume its safe to say I do have this expansion ?

Crimson Hawk Moth

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Okay I do have it. I checked features in account management to see what it said was activated:

Time of LegendsTime of Legends expansion enabled

I missed the announcement about it only being free during the month of October. Then I just seen it in the store, and was confused.

Thanks for clearing that up for me.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Okay I do have it. I checked features in account management to see what it said was activated:

Time of LegendsTime of Legends expansion enabled

I missed the announcement about it only being free during the month of October. Then I just seen it in the store, and was confused.

Thanks for clearing that up for me.
I believe it was Aug-Oct if my memory serves... if your account was actively paid during those 3 months it was automatically added to your account for free.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I did it once and hated it. I actually have no use for any of the new land.
It's the best PVM content in-game, in my opinion. My guild does it multiple times a day in various groups. The loot is also pretty top notch. If you have a good group of folks to do it with and know what they're doing, then it can be a lot of fun.

Lythos-

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's the best PVM content in-game, in my opinion. My guild does it multiple times a day in various groups. The loot is also pretty top notch. If you have a good group of folks to do it with and know what they're doing, then it can be a lot of fun.
The loot is excellent but I prefer other flavors of pvm. Hell, I'm just now starting to like lady mel.

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The loot is excellent but I prefer other flavors of pvm. Hell, I'm just now starting to like lady mel.
The beauty of UO, to each their own! I've got a tamer who runs around with 5 fully trained mongbats! :D Well, not really a tamer. More like a vet/animal lorist.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The beauty of UO, to each their own! I've got a tamer who runs around with 5 fully trained mongbats! :D Well, not really a tamer. More like a vet/animal lorist.
I have a tamer with 2 fully trained Wolf Spiders and a Frost Spider... It's a fun combination.

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a tamer with 2 fully trained Wolf Spiders and a Frost Spider... It's a fun combination.
Nice, I was going to get to that combo when I open another ML Account. I do have several tamers that run around with packs of 5 frost spiders. Their damage output is crazy but they can't take a punch. I just made a squirrel ninja too who runs around with 5 fully trained squirrels. I had hoped to film a video of them running around and post it on the squirrel thread.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Nice, I was going to get to that combo when I open another ML Account. I do have several tamers that run around with packs of 5 frost spiders. Their damage output is crazy but they can't take a punch. I just made a squirrel ninja too who runs around with 5 fully trained squirrels. I had hoped to film a video of them running around and post it on the squirrel thread.
That's awesome. NO the Wolf Spiders can take a bit more damage than the Frost Spiders do but they are super fast... I worked pretty hard to find me a couple 4.0 or better down there. One is a 4.0 the other is 4.2 and they are super quick... but yeah they don't last long against heavy hitting mobs. But they do chew through players pretty quick who aren't expecting them.