• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Broadsword and UO Support RIP after Easter?

Peekay

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
So for reasons I wont go into, I was communicating back and forth with Support and Mesanna for about 3 days before Easter weekend. However since Easter weekend, I've yet to receive any reply to my emails at all with the issues I was having still completely unresolved. Was wondering if anyone else is having the same issues since then or if it's just me? I've even attempted to contact Mesanna again who has always been really good at replying to players via email. Nothing.
So I'm figuring that either my emails are being flat out ignored, broadsword emails are borked, or that my email or gmail is being blocked as spam by their exchange system (in which case lol).

Did the support staff party too hard over Easter or what?

@Mesanna @Kyronix @Bleak

PS: It is awkward because the problem I am having was literally being resolved, support had asked me to reply with information to resolve it, which I did within 5 minutes of receiving that last email. And now two weeks later almost, the silent treatment.
PSS: By "same issues" I mean has anyone been able to get any feedback through support or replies to their emails at all.

Last edited:

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Yes I have been in contact with support with no problems twice this last week

Both needs taken care of within hours

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So for reasons I wont go into, I was communicating back and forth with Support and Mesanna for about 3 days before Easter weekend. However since Easter weekend, I've yet to receive any reply to my emails at all with the issues I was having still completely unresolved. Was wondering if anyone else is having the same issues since then or if it's just me? I've even attempted to contact Mesanna again who has always been really good at replying to players via email. Nothing.
So I'm figuring that either my emails are being flat out ignored, broadsword emails are borked, or that my email or gmail is being blocked as spam by their exchange system (in which case lol).

Did the support staff party too hard over Easter or what?

@Mesanna @Kyronix @Bleak

PS: It is awkward because the problem I am having was literally being resolved, support had asked me to reply with information to resolve it, which I did within 5 minutes of receiving that last email. And now two weeks later almost, the silent treatment.
PSS: By "same issues" I mean has anyone been able to get any feedback through support or replies to their emails at all.
It is personal....they are punking you

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I don't know if this helps but....

I had a hell of a time finding a way to contact EA. The email support is pretty bad imo. But I found this link -

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new/?product=origin

And you can eventually request an EA call back... like from a real person, I think!
I always use the Callback, usually it takes them just a few minutes to do so, and you get to talk to someone directly instead of playing email tag.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
How do you setup the callback?
Well from what I've seen it was an option, do email, or text chat, or have them do a call back

Peekay

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Well from what I've seen it was an option, do email, or text chat, or have them do a call back
I haven't been able to find any option for them to contact me back. It's the issue I'm having atm, the "resolved" my ticket and forced a "Hey take this customer support survey!" down my throat when I gave them a screenshot of no contact option being available.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I haven't been able to find any option for them to contact me back. It's the issue I'm having atm, the "resolved" my ticket and forced a "Hey take this customer support survey!" down my throat when I gave them a screenshot of no contact option being available.
Well nuts, you're right, they've changed the page since I lasted used it :-( I can't find the option there either.

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well nuts, you're right, they've changed the page since I lasted used it :-( I can't find the option there either.
Makes you wonder if they have someone actively looking for things that ain't broken so they can fix them.

AnneNomilly

Sage
Professional
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Looking at their site, I found this regarding the call back, which is very odd. That's not the way I've ever seen a call back work but, ok. It looks like they decide on the call back only after trying to resolve through email first. @Peekay, I'm assuming you are using the email listed there? It's also different from the one I used the last time I had an issue which, I admit was a long, long time ago.

We now offer a callback service for the more complex billing issues a customer may encounter. Below is an outline of the service:

• Players must initially contact the Billing department via [email protected] with a description of their issue and any pertinent account information.
  • The support team will first attempt to resolve any issues via email contact, and customers must work with the agents via email to help resolve their issue.
  • Should we be unable to resolve a particular issue after continued attempts via email, a callback can be scheduled with a Billing agent to attempt to resolve said issue.
  • Callbacks are available between the times of 10 AM EST and 9 PM EST, Monday through Friday
  • Certain issues cannot be handled via callback, which include but are not limited to:
    • Feedback or bug reports
    • Origin purchase refunds
    • In-game issues
    • Failed account verification information

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
I know they used to have 2 call centers, one in Ireland and one in the US. I know the Irish center was shut down; not sure if the US call center is still available. Last I spoke with anyone from those centers, though, they said that EA had 2 levels of tech support, but only center that had had the higher level - the guys with power enough to unlink accounts/etc - was the Irish one, and that as of that conversation, the only remaining call center techs were low level, and that they had to request via email for a far smaller group of non-call center techs to do that kind of higher level stuff.