• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Can we have Heritage Tokens - next Anni or Origin Shop?

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That would be lovely! On Siege, you can really use them and they are quite valuable. And on all other shards, the deco aspect of these tokens is still worthwhile... @Mesanna: Could you add them to the Origin-Store? Or could you put them in another Anni-Bag like the 15th Anni-Bag?

THANK YOU!

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aren't they moving these items that you used to buy through the Origin Store to an in-game system? You basically pay real cash for an in-game currency you can use to acquire these items.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aren't they moving these items that you used to buy through the Origin Store to an in-game system? You basically pay real cash for an in-game currency you can use to acquire these items.
Yes but I think that will only be items that are already on the Origin store. The whole thing is a bit stupid if you ask me as you will still need to go to the Origin store and buy some form of currency to then redeem in game.

I would of thought the whole idea of an "in game" store would be to bypass the Origin one?

At the moment it works like this:

1. Buy code from Origin.com
2. Redeem in game / via account management page

and will change to (I'm guessing)

1. Buy currency from Origin.com
2. Redeem in game for items / sell to other players

Whats the point?

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
There are still a ton of heritage tokens in the game. I run into them all the time.

That being said. I could see your point that they are harder to get on Siege

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes but I think that will only be items that are already on the Origin store. The whole thing is a bit stupid if you ask me as you will still need to go to the Origin store and buy some form of currency to then redeem in game.

I would of thought the whole idea of an "in game" store would be to bypass the Origin one?

Whats the point?
Great in theory but no way is EA ever going to allow BS to get their fingers on the purse strings.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There are still a ton of heritage tokens in the game. I run into them all the time.

On Drachenfels I got couple of chets full. But on Siege there is a significant shortage... 1 mil for a ladder, for example. That´s alot!

The Craftsman

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just hang fire ... with UO going F2P you will get all of these in the new cash shop. Happy days.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I have nothing to prove. Its happening. This time next year I'll be accepting your apology.
Just hang fire ... with UO going F2P you will get all of these in the new cash shop. Happy days.
If you can't prove it don't spread rumors, it's nonsense like this that make it difficult for us to work with the Devs to get them to post here, when part of the community either directly insults them individually, or starts rumors that make things more difficult for them it has a negative impact on their perception of the site. So pretty much if you can't prove it and it's all hearsay, keep it to yourself. If it happens it happens, but if it doesn't then hyping people up on the idea is only going to cause problems for the Dev Team down the road as they'll be blamed not the folks making things up.

The Craftsman

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you can't prove it don't spread rumors, it's nonsense like this that make it difficult for us to work with the Devs to get them to post here, when part of the community either directly insults them individually, or starts rumors that make things more difficult for them it has a negative impact on their perception of the site. So pretty much if you can't prove it and it's all hearsay, keep it to yourself. If it happens it happens, but if it doesn't then hyping people up on the idea is only going to cause problems for the Dev Team down the road as they'll be blamed not the folks making things up.
I have nothing to prove. Its happening. This time next year I'll be accepting your apology.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Whats the point?
The point is that the devs will be able to set the in-game prices themselves, since Mesanna has said some of the Origin prices are ridiculous. This will also allow expansion/booster content to be available to everyone, not just the countries some clueless idiot at EA decides on.

So EA gets the monies for Sovereigns, on which they will hopefully run periodic sales, and BS will give us things to spend them on. If done right, everyone should "win" in the end. (compared to what we have now)

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

More like it takes a act of god to get one on siege :) 7mil and about 4 months of searching to ferret out 5 ladders after I finally broke down and placed a keep. LOL broke down and got the rechargable tele tiles after I got 1 ladder and put tiles on the 4 corners to get up to them. Felt like I won the lottery when I found 6 bandage fountains in a small idoc. Heritage tokens are one of those things that is cheap on prodo 150-250k and usually a mil or more on Siege if it can found at all.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Professional
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
More like it takes a act of god to get one on siege :) 7mil and about 4 months of searching to ferret out 5 ladders after I finally broke down and placed a keep. LOL broke down and got the rechargable tele tiles after I got 1 ladder and put tiles on the 4 corners to get up to them. Felt like I won the lottery when I found 6 bandage fountains in a small idoc. Heritage tokens are one of those things that is cheap on prodo 150-250k and usually a mil or more on Siege if it can found at all.
*Clutches his stash of Heritage Tokens* My Preciouses!!!

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*Clutches his stash of Heritage Tokens* My Preciouses!!!
LOL my stash from that era on Siege consisted of 12 of them and well 12 of them don't go very far. prodo on the other hand I had 336 per acct of them on atl, gl, legends, LS, Catskills, LA, and Ches. and still have chest full of them that I have not used. And nope I won't sell them, never know when I might need 2300 Rose of trinsic or ancient sam helms lol.

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Unless you have an "in" with the board of directors of EA... last I heard was EA exe's shelved it perma along with Steam.