• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

To the Staff...

PinkPandora

Rares Fest Host | LS April 2011
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
this is Y N N U F - keep it up! lol lol

i will admit; i scratched my head for quite some time.....

Lord Obsidian

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Nice to see that stratics has acquired some new disk arrays for their servers. Could someone please check the manual again on how to configure disk mirroring correctly? :confused:

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
So I'm not losing my mind? I tried to upload a new signature graphic a minute ago and it uploaded backward. Then I noticed my avatar was backward, too! :confused:

So I deleted both of them. o.0

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I was taking a look at someone selling 10 pieces of armor on a screenshot and was wondering how they posted the picture like that. Was thinking they were a moron or something. Then it dawned on me... I was the moron lol

I am blaming it on being half buzzed though :pint:

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I'm going to wait until they get it fixed before I try again. Even the smilies are messed up... lol :lame:

Edit: Naw, I uploaded anyway... might as well.

Last edited:

Old Vet Back Again

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Honestly it's pretty lame. I don't have much time to check the trade forums and it's damn near impossible to understand the mods on jewels and armor posted. There are so many different april fools jokes that could have transpired that didn't effect the use of stratics.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Honestly it's pretty lame. I don't have much time to check the trade forums and it's damn near impossible to understand the mods on jewels and armor posted. There are so many different april fools jokes that could have transpired that didn't effect the use of stratics.
I'm not the one who picked this years joke, but it seems like people say that no matter what the joke is honestly... Every year people complain about whatever was picked. People absolutely hated the fart sound thing from last year (I must have gotten like 35 PM's asking how to disable it), so that ruled out Audio pranks, there was one a while ago where the site was turned into neon colors and people complained it hurt their eyes, which rules out color change pranks, the pony thing was labeled as "immature" by a few people, which rules out adding random things like that, There was one where the owner wrote a fake news post saying he sold the site to Facebook and that made people rage for weeks thinking it was real which rules out fake announcement pranks, the list goes on for a while.

No matter what gets picked some people hate it, so all that can be done is to keep picking new ideas each year knowing some will like it and some won't.

Personally, I think this years has gone over pretty well. So far we have only had three complaints about it including yours.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
The first year I was a mod for Stratics I sent dozens of moderator notifications. Back in the day you got a special "blinky" if you had an official mod message. I just reminded folks it was April fools day. Good times.