• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

how high can we go with the new walls?

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
im sure i knew this at one time but i cant recall what it is right now?
with the new walls we can add onto castles, keeps and towers how high can we go without worry of deletion of stuff?

i know from testing that we can actually GO really high up, like 7o-some odd tiles high if memory serves me correctly.
but i also remember server down eating anything about a certain level.

so hence my question.
if i wanted to make a panic room at the maximum height allowable what height would that be?
of course it would have to at a height that would allow walls to be placed and items to be placed in the room without fear of the server down beast eating the items.

anyone know off hand?

Last edited:

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
was just looking at my current castle.
i have a 3rd level at the height of 55 with walls on top of that with no problems.
anyone higher then that?
any level 4 people out there?

Kolka

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Patron
71-73 depending on where you are. so 70ish.

you could place a floor and walls at this height, but it wouldn't be able to have a stone roof (goza seems to be ok though)

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
k ill do a test one tonight @70 to verify, thanks!

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
What?? 70 high? Seriously? Dang... times change for sure. Had a friend do that to his house with rubble in Luna a few years back and he was threatened with a ban by the GM's for harassment if he did not tear it down because he was "blocking" the house across the street. Of course the rubble did not show unless you walked into his house first. Now we can legally go 70? o.0

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
would be no different then putting lighthouses on the roof of your keep or castle for height wise and same for blocking, no?

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
You'll know you went too high after reset. All the stuff will be in the house crate listed in your house sign :p

Lorddog

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
height can matter on the material used, the place such as malas vs brit area
also note it is height shown on sextet and not height items count (a wall piece might count as 8)

Dixie chessy/legends

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
if you wanna test , try to toss a wall out of ur bag. if it hops back in there then u cant place at that lvl.....even if you bag and chop...it will place if you do that but it will be moved to ur moving crate @ server up...im thinking mine are on 78...pretty sure cause i had to raise the grass tiles once to keep gozas from eating them.

Beldin Brightaxe

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've found that around 71-72 stuff goes into the moving crate at reset.

Although I did build a floor over 100 once just to see how high I could go. I was all the way up in UO outer space (the black area), and my character was ghosting all over.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
haha, i made the neatest thing for my castle yesterday.
unfortunately its a secret room...... so..... ya......
actually maybe we should just forget i was ever here.
*smoke bomb excape!*

im waiting on a couple deco items to come from off shard, ill post a pic of my evil plan brought to life once i get those couple deco items in it.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
this is my Floating Vault / Meditation Park.
you can only get to it from a telepad in the castle.
its floating up at the 70 Z-Axis and you for the most part cant even see it from the castle.

this castle has no other add on from the new walls and such so it was my hope that this floating room would remain a hidden room and the people who enter the castle would be none the wiser that it is above them.

while i sit and count my gold with my toes twittleing in the water of the cool fountain.