• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Grandfathered House's Resizing

Philly

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
As an owner of a Grandfather account my houses sit in the middle of nowhere on dead shards and wondered if it could ever be possible to allow people in this situation to ever re-size there houses as long as its water, tree or mountain locked and would not in any way shape or form ever effect anyone else for placing? Just a thought. I know would most likely take some time and 1 on 1 consideration.

Angel of Sonoma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
doubtful this will ever be allowed. the devs do not like to change the housing code. and if you do resize you will condemn all of the other houses on the account. i think the only option you have is to convert the house to a custom house.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The benefit of having Grandfathered Status is that you get MORE houses than others... If you need bigger you'll have to do what the rest of us do and you'll have to have multiple accounts.

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
As an owner of a Grandfather account my houses sit in the middle of nowhere on dead shards and wondered if it could ever be possible to allow people in this situation to ever re-size there houses as long as its water, tree or mountain locked and would not in any way shape or form ever effect anyone else for placing? Just a thought. I know would most likely take some time and 1 on 1 consideration.

Honestly I wouldnt want the devs even touching any code related to my grandfathered house. I would be way to worried they would screw it up and drop all of them.

Prince Erik

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
doubtful this will ever be allowed. the devs do not like to change the housing code. and if you do resize you will condemn all of the other houses on the account. i think the only option you have is to convert the house to a custom house.
I'd love to change one of my grandfathered houses to a custom type, but I've always thought that also condemned all your houses, just like re-sizing did?

-P.E.

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You can convert houses to custom without condemning other houses on the same account?
I have personally seen this done. Im not guaranteeing it to work. Just saying ive seen a grandfathered field stone house converted to a custom 7x7.

Angel of Sonoma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
my main account has 13 grandfathered houses. i've customized 2 of them (my siege house and catskills house) and they are still grandfathered. the siege house was done way before the new siege housing rules. it was originally a small marble house. i don't remember when i customized the catskills house but i'm guessing it was 2005. it was originally a small stone tower. screenshots are below.

i want to emphasize it has been many years since i did the customization. i'd be reluctant to make any changes today because the devs have commented how complex the housing code is and i worry that recent changes they've made have somehow changed the rules.

catshouse.png

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
i always get Seer Blessed houses and Grandfathered houses confused.
Seer Blessed are the same as Grandfathered but you can openly trade them and they do not count against your housing limit, Grandfathered from what i have heard over the years you can do nothing with.

while i got rid of both of the above years ago i have a guild mate who has an account that is chalked full of Grandfathered houses and his are all still the original houses that where placed, i would think that since they historically wanted us all to get out of the grandfathered houses business that they would not be allowing us to do anything with them.

guess it comes down to do you wish to test the waters and risk loosing your grandfathered house.

for me it was a easy decision, get a castle where i wanted it or keep my 5 side by side houses (L shapes on both ends with 3 thatched roof cabins in the middle)

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, you can customize Grandfathered houses.

No, do not under any circumstances change the foundations.
Foundation changes nullify Grandfathered status.

I have customized 5 of my homes on various shards. L-Shaped homes can not be customized at all. Your stuck with them as is.
Pics are the home I'm currently working on, when I can. Its a horrible mess atm. I'm trying different looks before I commit. 80% is still in containers. :(
Asuka Home In and Out.jpg Asuka New Home.jpg

Philly

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Yes I know this just kinda hoped to make my 7x7 bigger

Philly

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
The benefit of having Grandfathered Status is that you get MORE houses than others... If you need bigger you'll have to do what the rest of us do and you'll have to have multiple accounts.
I have 5 accounts 1 grandfathered. Just thought maybe someday i could make my 7x7 all alone a bit bigger. Wasnt trying to upset you

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I have 5 accounts 1 grandfathered. Just thought maybe someday i could make my 7x7 all alone a bit bigger. Wasnt trying to upset you
Not bunching my panties... but it sure would bunch a bunch of others...

I opted to give mine up long time ago...