• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Are wall safes bugged??

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Someone gonna have to explain wall safes to me, before I go absolutely crazy.

Standing in bank, try to put 300mil in secure account. It tells me some message about invalid transaction. I fiddle with numbers for a while and finally stumble into the 100mil slot and it takes it. Why didnt the damned thing just tell me up front in the error message there was a 100 mil cap on that transaction?

Go home, open safe, it wont let me deposit the 100mil. so I start working down again, it finally lets me deposit 50mil...but then it wont let me deposit the other 50 mil, giving me some message about be sure it isnt over 100 mil. WTF?

I am sooo frustrated, are safes broken? Are there hard caps? Is there some "workaround" I need to do to make this work?

Im open for any suggestions

Last edited:

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Logged back in, decided to try again. The 50 mil I tried to deposit (see above) was still in the secure acct...so I tried one more time. No go. Tried 25 mil, it went into the safe leaving me 25 mil in secure account. Tried to put that last 25 mil in the safe, didn't work, said to be sure that the total didn't excede 100 mil. Thinking I typed it in wrong, I tried another 3 times.

Dropped the deposit down to 10 mil, it went. Leaving me a total of 15 mil in secure. Tried to deposit another 10 mil in safe, same message as above.

*hunts emote for yanking out hair*

Piotr

Stratic's Finest
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Awards
Was it empty when you startet to transfer? The cap for wall safes is 100 mill.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Someone gonna have to explain wall safes to me, before I go absolutely crazy.

Standing in bank, try to put 300mil in secure account. It tells me some message about invalid transaction. I fiddle with numbers for a while and finally stumble into the 100mil slot and it takes it. Why didnt the damned thing just tell me up front in the error message there was a 100 mil cap on that transaction?

Go home, open safe, it wont let me deposit the 100mil. so I start working down again, it finally lets me deposit 50mil...but then it wont let me deposit the other 50 mil, giving me some message about be sure it isnt over 100 mil. WTF?

I am sooo frustrated, are safes broken? Are there hard caps? Is there some "workaround" I need to do to make this work?

Im open for any suggestions
Yes, there is a hard cap - it's listed in the gump on test center, which no longer appears on live shards. Secure account and wall safe are both capped at 100 mil.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Was it empty when you startet to transfer? The cap for wall safes is 100 mill.
They are capped at 100 mil?? Never mind then, that just made them useless lol. I never noticed that in the info I read on em

Lorddog

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
these safes were made way back in the day before there were more then 9 bits, hence the limit to 100,000,000

yeah, that's the ticket

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
To be accessable by your other accounts, or friends who you have friended to it where they can make withdrawals if needed when you aren't online to give it to them. But 100mil nowdays? that's no money in todays world.

And @Zeke , thanks for the offer...think I will bury it all in DevilsOwn's castle courtyard :thumbup:

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ahh, other accounts...got it. Thanks.... no, wait...so its for accounts that apparently will never be on at the same time , or for people who don't know how to log in 2 accts at the same time ?

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ahh, other accounts...got it. Thanks.... no, wait...so its for accounts that apparently will never be on at the same time , or for people who don't know how to log in 2 accts at the same time ?
Some of us work as a team, but arent always online at the same time. IF the wall safe would hold enough gps to make it worth using, then the partnership would have access to all the gold all the time, regardless of hour or who is on. I just had high hopes for it, shoulda known better.

*shrugs*

AnneNomilly

Sage
Professional
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Awesome tutorial. :) One quick note because I've seen this stated a couple of places now. When describing the Transfer Account options it says you need to "Withdraw" when you get to the shard you are going to. That is not correct and really messed me up the first time I transferred. You put the gold into the Transfer Account on the shard you are leaving but when you land on the destination shard, the gold gets withdrawn automatically. You only need to use the Withdraw option, apparently, if you change your mind before you transfer. This is a point you especially want to remember if you are doing multiple hops.