• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

had to be said

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I bet you lecture your girlfriend about her sense of entitlement every valentines, birthday, anniversary when she's dissapointed you didn't get her anything...
Significant other and company you engage in a business transaction with are completely different things.

Also I don't have a girlfriend. Haven't in years.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Significant other and company you engage in a business transaction with are completely different things.

Also I don't have a girlfriend. Haven't in years.
Either way you are paying to get something ;) ( Wife says if you ride a yellow crotch rocket, she can see why you don't have GF and haven't in years, hey not my words just passing them on.)

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
My storage is already close to maximum capacity. Unusable pixel crack vanity gifts are not a necessity. I'd rather have the developers work on the next publish than give us some Valentines or Easter crap that gets forgotten about in a week. If it would take even an hour of time from limited developer resources to code this stuff, it might not be best way time can be spent. If they're going to give us something, give us something atleast halfway useful. Just my opinion.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My storage is already close to maximum capacity. Unusable pixel crack vanity gifts are not a necessity. I'd rather have the developers work on the next publish than give us some Valentines or Easter crap that gets forgotten about in a week. If it would take even an hour of time from limited developer resources to code this stuff, it might not be best way time can be spent. If they're going to give us something, give us something atleast halfway useful. Just my opinion.
Ya give us a zombie invasion of luna....walking dead style!
:)
You die...you become a zombie until the end of the event.....:)

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Either way you are paying to get something ;) ( Wife says if you ride a yellow crotch rocket, she can see why you don't have GF and haven't in years, hey not my words just passing them on.)
I'm married, and that's my wife's little Ninja 250. I had just brought it home for her and she said she wanted to take a picture of me on it. I don't generally get in front of cameras.

Last edited:

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah, in one of them YOU pay THEM money to give you **** for your entertainment. When they set up a yearly tradition in that vein, then suddenly and without notice cut off that tradition (in the experience you are paying for) you can expect that people might get upset. I for one don't personally care about holiday gifts, (though quite clearly many people do) but the image people have of it as a favor the devs do for us is not completely accurate. We pay them for content, this is content people want. It's got nothing to do with a sense of entitlement, we are paying customers and this forum is a place devs look at to get feedback, and it would be foolish not to let them know you want it, and miss it when it's gone.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
As for the Holiday Gifts I look at it like this..... a vast MAJORITY of online games DO give out gifts on Holidays... Players tend to expect it especially when they have gotten gifts every year for said Holiday for X years... Now when you don't get a Gift on the holiday many folk look at it like this.... What is there to look forward to?!?!

If we don't have gifts with something special and cool to collect or trade then honestly what is there to look forward to? Another EM event 50% of the population of a shard or more can't attend because either they work at that time or they have other family obligations or what have you...

I know I hear a LOT of complaints about players not being able to attend EM events... be it because they work, they have kids to put to bed, the lag makes it impossible for them to move or play whatever... putting drops that are Holiday related at EM events is honestly seen as "unfair".... and it seriously torks off a lot of players... who quit...

They leave because there is NOTHING to look forward to... without communication.... without new content and such most players get bored and leave... The longer this trend continues the more I'm thinking folk are going to be leaving...

Now what the excuse is about the stuff I don't know... But it seriously don't take much to "rehue" and "rename" and gift something... could not possibly take more than one dev 15 min to push out a new gift.. If it does then we have a FAR larger problem...

But I suppose I should be happy that I don't have more crap to stuff into my already overflowing spaces... but you know some acknowledgment of things or simply saying "We're busying working on the next update... have a Happy Valentines Day!" would suffice. But whatever... it is what it is.... suppose it's rather telling if you ask me...

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hopefully they won't get tired of all the pancakes and save you all the trouble of implying you'll leave by pulling the plug. It has to really get old.

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
But I suppose I should be happy that I don't have more crap to stuff into my already overflowing spaces... but you know some acknowledgment of things or simply saying "We're busying working on the next update... have a Happy Valentines Day!" would suffice. But whatever... it is what it is.... suppose it's rather telling if you ask me...
And herein lies the essence of the problem. Many times the issues as perceived would never have arisen if somebody had some degree of communication skills. Time and again things happen, odd bugs, shard issues, and now sudden cessation of gifts joins the list. Every time it goes unrecognised and yet a little acknowledgement could divert the resentment it generates.. I have said similar things in previous posts but obviously such considerations do not reach the heights of the ivory tower. Never mind, fellow mushrooms, we are all in the same boat, giftless and unloved.

Ghaval

Visitor
I have to agree with Merlin. I might not have played in a long time, but another set of things that will be seen on the ground all over the place is not worth the time it takes. Maybe if they were worth turn in points.

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I bet you lecture your girlfriend about her sense of entitlement every valentines, birthday, anniversary when she's dissapointed you didn't get her anything...
On the other hand, if the significant other complains about a gift like the players complained about the bunny painting, perhaps you might forgo giving it.... Perhaps the Devs saw all the complaint threads about the bunny painting and said, "They don't like it, let's just forget about it. The EMs can hand it out as an event drop instead."

Last edited:

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
One the other hand, if the significant other complains about a gift like the players complained about the bunny painting, perhaps you might forgo giving it....
Oh no, I'm not that stupid. The griping about a sorry gift to the wife is NOWHERE near the strength as the griping about NO gift...just sayin...

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would have liked to see them add a recipe to create chocolate bunnies with the foil - White, Milk & Dark like the nutcrackers. With maybe 4 new card collectables.

*Fixed typo - meant Foil not file

Last edited:

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I would have liked to see them add a recipe to create chocolate bunnies with the foil - White, Milk & Dark like the nutcrackers. With maybe 4 new card collectables.

*Fixed typo - meant Foil not file
This would have been nice. :)

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm married, and that's my wife's little Ninja 250. I had just brought it home for her and she said she wanted to take a picture of me on it. I don't generally get in front of cameras.
Ahhh so you are married so you understand the meaning of paying more for less ;)

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As for the Holiday Gifts I look at it like this..... a vast MAJORITY of online games DO give out gifts on Holidays... Players tend to expect it especially when they have gotten gifts every year for said Holiday for X years... Now when you don't get a Gift on the holiday many folk look at it like this.... What is there to look forward to?!?!

If we don't have gifts with something special and cool to collect or trade then honestly what is there to look forward to? Another EM event 50% of the population of a shard or more can't attend because either they work at that time or they have other family obligations or what have you...

I know I hear a LOT of complaints about players not being able to attend EM events... be it because they work, they have kids to put to bed, the lag makes it impossible for them to move or play whatever... putting drops that are Holiday related at EM events is honestly seen as "unfair".... and it seriously torks off a lot of players... who quit...

They leave because there is NOTHING to look forward to... without communication.... without new content and such most players get bored and leave... The longer this trend continues the more I'm thinking folk are going to be leaving...

Now what the excuse is about the stuff I don't know... But it seriously don't take much to "rehue" and "rename" and gift something... could not possibly take more than one dev 15 min to push out a new gift.. If it does then we have a FAR larger problem...

Kyronix did give an answer before you even posted your post. He mentioned it two times in the Easter Bunny thread. He also mentions they said it several times across a variety of media. So who is at fault? I cant blame the devs for this one.

As we have mentioned several times across a variety of media, our goal is to focus on permanent content additions that foster continual play rather than one-off events that are limited in time. In holiday specific situations, like Halloween for example, our goal is to jump off previous year's content and create scenarios that can be built upon in successive years. With the release of Time of Legends and the Valley of Eodon we did not want to simply abandon that content in lieu of something new, leaving it unfinished, as has happened in the past. From a design perspective, I am committed to fleshing out the remainder of the Valley of Eodon as well as bringing players on the journey through the history of its native peoples and creatures using The Savage Empire as inspiration.

When it makes sense, we can pull in elements of RL holidays - the underlying theme of "Love" in the Valley of One quest, for example. As far as what happens between UO & DAoC, one cannot simply hop on the UO Team and start implementing content. The development process between DAoC and UO is like comparing apples to oranges, and while we do share resources between all our products these resources are exclusively on the backend, the content creators are individual to each game. The idea that somehow we were unable to "scrape up enough resources" to put together some kind of global event for Valentine's Day & St. Patrick's Day makes it sound like accomplishing that task is simple and unimaginative - I can assure you it is neither.

Kyronix, Thursday at 6:52 PM Report

Glad to see you've always come back to the best MMO there ever was. :) Don't misunderstand, those types of events will always have a place in Britannia. Holidays like Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas have been our focus recently with content and gifts (mostly because they are close together and fit nicely within a single publish).

We've reused the ToT code for lots of stuff, and it's not a simple process. There's quite a bit that goes into it that makes it more than "just" a quick implementation. We don't use spawn eggs nor drop them on the map. While adding new spawns of existing creatures to the map is relatively painless, new creatures adds to the complexity.

Now correct me if I am wrong. I can go back and quote what you said in another thread a while back. You stood on your soap box ( I think that is the term you all use) and was saying you wanted bug and art fixes. You basically wasn't going to tell your friends to play the game until they fixed it. Remember the thread? You were complaining about all the stuff with UO. Now the Devs are fixing content and art and you post now about items. Other games do this and that for holidays blah blah blah. Well go play those games if you want items.

Now for the part for ToT comment. Its been in the game. He said its been used for lots of stuff. He also said it more than a just quick implementation. So what do you want? Art and bug fixe.,new content? Or piss on what you wanted and now what you want which is items. Maybe, just maybe that actually took all the complaints seriously that you and others wanted to have things fixed.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Kyronix did give an answer before you even posted your post. He mentioned it two times in the Easter Bunny thread. He also mentions they said it several times across a variety of media. So who is at fault? I cant blame the devs for this one.

Now correct me if I am wrong. I can go back and quote what you said in another thread a while back. You stood on your soap box ( I think that is the term you all use) and was saying you wanted bug and art fixes. You basically wasn't going to tell your friends to play the game until they fixed it. Remember the thread? You were complaining about all the stuff with UO. Now the Devs are fixing content and art and you post now about items. Other games do this and that for holidays blah blah blah. Well go play those games if you want items.

Now for the part for ToT comment. Its been in the game. He said its been used for lots of stuff. He also said it more than a just quick implementation. So what do you want? Art and bug fixe.,new content? Or piss on what you wanted and now what you want which is items. Maybe, just maybe that actually took all the complaints seriously that you and others wanted to have things fixed.
Whatever helps you sleep at night pal.... but we all know I'm right.

And I'm sorry but it honestly does NOT take more than 15 min to drop in a rehued and renamed piece of art and call it a gift...

And as for fixing art and bugs I will believe it when I see it because I'm tired of hearing that song and dance and not seeing jack.

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Whatever helps you sleep at night pal.... but we all know I'm right.

And I'm sorry but it honestly does NOT take more than 15 min to drop in a rehued and renamed piece of art and call it a gift...

And as for fixing art and bugs I will believe it when I see it because I'm tired of hearing that song and dance and not seeing jack.

Then if its so easy then offer to do the work for them since you are so qualified. You are just mad you got called out. You are not right. You ask and complain and ask and complain and ask then contradict yourself by stating the opposite. Pick an argument and stick to it. You may be better off doing what you always do...selling out.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Then if its so easy then offer to do the work for them since you are so qualified. You are just mad you got called out. You are not right. You ask and complain and ask and complain and ask then contradict yourself by stating the opposite. Pick an argument and stick to it. You may be better off doing what you always do...selling out.
I have offered... dozens of times.

Offered to fix the maps on my own time.... offered to clean up the lands..... offered to do anything I could to help... but no response...

I have tried to do many things including get EA to fix the Origin Store..... but to no avail.... Tried to get a friend from Landmark to join UO last night and after 2 hours of jumping hurdles on the Origin Store trying to obtain a key for SA (new account with the 30 day code).... it refused to take her money... she finally gave up telling me she just wasn't meant to play the game... which she was sad about because I made it sound like such fun...

So don't get on your high horse with me... I love UO and have since day one. I'm just FED UP with the lack of communication... FED UP with dealing with EA and the Account MisManagement page... FED UP with the Origin Store.... and FED UP with the excuses. Sick to death of hearing about the size of the team...

And finally..... EVERYONE knows when Valentines and Easter are... not being prepared for them or choosing to ignore them is a choice. One they could have had the decency to say they were choosing instead of leaving folk to get their hopes up for a Holiday gift and leaving them disappointed. Just saying.

Last edited:

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
*teletype sounds in background*

Newsflash- This just in!!!

Devs are hard at work on next scenario for ToL!! Our secret sources say that we will have to rescue small dinosaurs, named Geckos, from the Myridex! It won't be an easy task, BUT, for each Gecko rescued our insurance will go down 20%, for a 7 day duration!! Coolness!

:danceb::banana::hula:

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Someone on the dev team clearly has enough time on their hands to regularly rehue, rename, and give special effects to UO items for the EM program. In fact, they already did it this year for Valentine's Day and Easter. The fact that the Rares forum is full of threads created for buying and selling EM drops created by the dev team makes all the posts saying the team "doesn't have time" to make a few things foroutside the EM program truly laughable. What also makes the whole situation laughable and pathetic at the same time is that a number of "rares collectors" have publicly complained that there are TOO MANY different EM drops floating around and that the glut of such items has decreased the value of previously released EM drops.

Herman

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Maybe the bunny picture was our gift this year but they did cancel it because of all the hate it got early on
I find it strange that they only use it for EM events and re hued at that

So we got what we wanted or ? I donno :)

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Maybe the bunny picture was our gift this year but they did cancel it because of all the hate it got early on
I find it strange that they only use it for EM events and re hued at that

So we got what we wanted or ? I donno :)
I had to work like I do every year helping to save lives... I got my reward IRL.

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I got to ride my motorcycle for hundreds of miles, it was a great Easter weekend.

RueTor

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*teletype sounds in background*

Newsflash- This just in!!!

Devs are hard at work on next scenario for ToL!! Our secret sources say that we will have to rescue small dinosaurs, named Geckos, from the Myridex! It won't be an easy task, BUT, for each Gecko rescued our insurance will go down 20%, for a 7 day duration!! Coolness!

:danceb::banana::hula:

Hopefully this quest only takes 15 minutes!

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
On the other hand, if the significant other complains about a gift like the players complained about the bunny painting, perhaps you might forgo giving it.... Perhaps the Devs saw all the complaint threads about the bunny painting and said, "They don't like it, let's just forget about it. The EMs can hand it out as an event drop instead."
You can't polish a turd.

In my mind this would be equivalent to gifting my wife a mop, and then pulling the "you're entitled card" when she beats me with it.

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
oi..............................

Lets see... Valentines Day gifts over the years..
Roses
More Roses
Candy boxes
more candy
hearts
more hearts
cupid w/arrow
Baskets of cards
more cards.....
picnic baskets
teddy bears
this is just a small list......
Aw come on guys........ valentines day is a time for love not war... enough already on the damn bi***hing.

Now Easter:.....
Eggs
more eggs
again eggs
bunnys that pop out jelly beans, or marshmallow chicks

do I need to go on?
how many times can you re make the same gift??
we have made them create tons of this stuff.
Personally I wanted the tapestry. It was different!

The making of items in the game is not a easy as 1, 2, 3,... the language is a dino that is touchy and takes time.
Oh and recently I was told by Mesanna herself about cleaning up the land as I too offered... The system to remove most of the pieces stuck all over takes her lvl of access..... so the answer is no.
She can remove when asked through the advisors or GM may be able to do some or direct it to her attention.

I will say this much Tina WE have 1 (one) DEVeloper. the others we call dev are in actuality of different departments.
this was said in a meet and greet.....

UO is about doing what I want to do.... not some pigeon quest after another to gain and little else.
I can fish, hunt, craft, and do it on my time....
No one tells me to get to the next lvl I got to do squat....
I like that....
if you need direction or the constant jollies be my guest to go else where...

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Roses
More Roses
Candy boxes
more candy
hearts
more hearts
cupid w/arrow
Baskets of cards
more cards.....
picnic baskets
teddy bears
Aw come on guys........ valentines day is a time for love not war... enough already on the damn bi***hing.

Eggs
more eggs
again eggs

do I need to go on?

The making of items in the game is not a easy as 1, 2, 3,... the language is a dino that is touchy and takes time.
Oh and recently I was told by Mesanna herself about cleaning up the land as I too offered... The system to remove most of the pieces stuck all over takes her lvl of access..... so the answer is no.
She can remove when asked through the advisors or GM may be able to do some or direct it to her attention.

I will say this much Tina WE have 1 (one) DEVeloper. the others we call dev are in actuality of different departments.

UO is about doing what I want to do.... not some pigeon quest after another to gain and little else.
I like that....
But what Tina says is very simple and so very true, why can new or rehued items make it to the EM Events and all the coveted rares collectors for only 10 to 25 players for each item. How do the dev(s) come up with time to make these? I don't care about Easter items, but I do care about the priorities and hate playing favorites, then pretending the "system" doesn't play to them. Tina is spot on by calling attention and comparing this.

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have offered... dozens of times.

Offered to fix the maps on my own time.... offered to clean up the lands..... offered to do anything I could to help... but no response...

I have tried to do many things including get EA to fix the Origin Store..... but to no avail.... Tried to get a friend from Landmark to join UO last night and after 2 hours of jumping hurdles on the Origin Store trying to obtain a key for SA (new account with the 30 day code).... it refused to take her money... she finally gave up telling me she just wasn't meant to play the game... which she was sad about because I made it sound like such fun...

So don't get on your high horse with me... I love UO and have since day one. I'm just FED UP with the lack of communication... FED UP with dealing with EA and the Account MisManagement page... FED UP with the Origin Store.... and FED UP with the excuses. Sick to death of hearing about the size of the team...

And finally..... EVERYONE knows when Valentines and Easter are... not being prepared for them or choosing to ignore them is a choice. One they could have had the decency to say they were choosing instead of leaving folk to get their hopes up for a Holiday gift and leaving them disappointed. Just saying.
You sound like you have battered gamer syndrome. There is professional help for this.

Lets just say we disagree but I will stand by my comments. Pick an argument and stick with it. I hate sell outs. You cant have it all and ask the dev team to fix everything you want then throw it all away for another argument.

I actually feel for you. You say you love UO. You love it so much your posts sound like you hate it even more.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron

Roses
More Roses
Candy boxes
more candy
hearts
more hearts
cupid w/arrow
Baskets of cards
more cards.....
picnic baskets
teddy bears

Eggs
more eggs
again eggs

do I need to go on?

I like that....
It's not a huge loss to me that we didn't get anything BUT it doesn't matter how hard it is to code something, that is their job. Besides they've managed to do it for 16 years so it must not have been that difficult.

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Someone on the dev team clearly has enough time on their hands to regularly rehue, rename, and give special effects to UO items for the EM program. In fact, they already did it this year for Valentine's Day and Easter. The fact that the Rares forum is full of threads created for buying and selling EM drops created by the dev team makes all the posts saying the team "doesn't have time" to make a few things foroutside the EM program truly laughable. What also makes the whole situation laughable and pathetic at the same time is that a number of "rares collectors" have publicly complained that there are TOO MANY different EM drops floating around and that the glut of such items has decreased the value of previously released EM drops.
There are 2 clients for UO which one 2d and the other 3D or 2.5 as it has been said on Stratics before. So maybe after the publish the art was updated. How long was that original art file been in the game. Maybe it was on another publish but it came out different after a later publish. Maybe the EM's did it? Who knows. That can only be answered by the devs. Also there was so many complaints how it looked when the file was found and posted on here. The thing is there was no announcement from BS that the Easter item in question was going to be a gift to everybody.

So what do you all want from the dev team besides their blood and souls? They are updating and fixing the game. Some higher power forbid that they have lives you know. When they come in to work I doubt they get together and say "How can we kitten the UO player base today?" Oh maybe they get together and say 'Lets kitten them by fixing the art hue since they had issues with it and really get them going."

You know. I have a brother in-law that doesn't trust anybody and thinks everybody is out to screw them over. You know the kind, the conspiracist. It drives me crazy. I told him a few times they make meds for his issues. He thinks I am joking when I tell him that. In the real world life doesn't work so smooth. Things go wrong on a daily basis. I am far from perfect myself. I make mistakes. I don't do what others expect me to do for them either. My employees and my business partners know how I am. I can admit when I am wrong. There is no weakness or fault in that. The issues is when it is expected and it doesn't happen then the pointing fingers start happening. That's what is going on here. We don't know why it was changed or when it was changed.

King Greg

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just once, i'd like to see a spoof holiday. where they turn all the Vorpal Bunnies into Dread Vorpal Bunnies that move at the speed of the level 4 covetous monsters and have attacks like the ancient hell hounds.

And Don't forget about St. Valentine who can summon his army of cupids!

:p

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My golden easter goose gave me a new egg this year, as it did last year. Didn't your's?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
You sound like you have battered gamer syndrome. There is professional help for this.

Lets just say we disagree but I will stand by my comments. Pick an argument and stick with it. I hate sell outs. You cant have it all and ask the dev team to fix everything you want then throw it all away for another argument.

I actually feel for you. You say you love UO. You love it so much your posts sound like you hate it even more.
I love what UO was... a place for community.... to build a world... to Role-play... to enjoy... Where we got together as a community to defend the Kingdom... Save the cities... etc....

But now they have destroyed 2 of the cities turning one in to the most hideous trailerpark... the other while they added some function to it it's "unfinished" and like many things in UO anymore.... had a nice start to it and then got left behind...

I'm tired of UO being turned into some Rares Collectors Horders Online Dream Game... the rest of the players like things too... We like getting gifts and look forward to them.... even expect them and can't wait till the season we love gets here for fun... Trading with friends.... and community... getting shafted 2 Holidays in a row just makes people wonder if the DEVs understand the players or are just feeding the Greed.

And I love the world knowing pretty much every tile in the game... Honestly I don't think there is anywhere on the map I have not been... it disgusts me to see the shorelines full of holes, paintings, water troughs, carpet, stew..... etc.... you name it all over the land... IMO if the DEVs had the love of the game that we the players did we wouldn't see any of that...

Yeah they are working on new content... but that isn't stopping them from fixing the old stuff...

You want me to encourage someone new to play when there honestly isn't any help available to them? Drop someone new into the game when I can't even talk them through trying to buy the game in the Origin Store because it refuses to take their money??? This is supposed to make them WANT to stay and play???

New players if they don't start in the EC don't even get ANY tutorial... they just get dropped into a random city (Usually Haven) ..... on some random shard... who knows if someone will meet them to help them...

It's hard to stay positive when all around me are things that need fixed, need updated, needs to be improved... I'm sorry but if I was a DEV and looked around at UO I'd be embarrassed to say I worked on it... looks shoddy... What do you tell a new player who looks at the world and wonders why there is a water trough in the middle of no where? Or a Painting they can't pick up? Or 100 holes down the edge of the beaches and water as far as the eye can see??? Do you lie and tell them everything is great? Just laugh and say well.... that's the way it is?

You can jump up and down and kiss their backside all you like but I won't do it until they do something deserving of it... Instead we get next to no communication... years of broken promises... lies... and left to wonder just WTF goes on at BS anyway... Because it seems to me that work isn't one of those things. Thank the gods for Kyronix who actually seems to care enough to speak up once in awhile. If it weren't for him I think a lot of players would have walked out the door already...

I'm tired of the catering to the rares community.... sure I like a nice drop once in awhile.... but I want some real content... not everyone can attend EM events. They aren't for everyone... can we please get something else going.... and if this is going to be how Holidays are going to be handled in the future so that 10 or 20 people get some nice item and the rest of the community is left with nothing but a half a dozen death robes then I think you'll be seeing a whole lot more IDOC's until EA finally closes the chapter on it's red headed step child.

And I know I'm not the only one that's offered to help... I've offered all sorts of stuff... but it is what it is... It's gotten to the point where I'm growing more and more fed up all the time... and I can honestly say the last couple of months hasn't helped my opinion of how this game is going as it's IMO circling the drain. We need someone on the Team who will communicate.... who WILL put the Community back on priority and stop turning UO into Rares Collectors Online... and let the rest of the players have a bone and who will fix the issues... I'm aware they are working on something for an In-game store and I have to say it can't happen too soon... They also need to take over the Account Mismanagment system so people can actually get their accounts back up and running.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Now my 5 Cents - and those of you, who read my posts, know what I will say: I don´t care. 99 % of all presents I ever got at Easter, Valentines or Christmas directly went into the trash barrel. Not because I dont like to keep one of them, but mostly because the dont have to do anything with UO lore (a cupid? chocolate? nutcrackers? COME ON!!! Ridiculuous!) and they block space in my house... Lets see, what is UO about IMHO?

-Adventure
-Character Building
-Social Interaction
-Achievement
-Fighting
-Buildung
-Crafting

It BECAME a Collector´s game, too. No doubt. But a game that consists of people grown old who sit in their stuffed castles and count bunnies is a DEAD GAME!

Rewards for nothing you have achived? Simply because you sat there and opened your backpack? What kind reward should that be? No reward at all!

Some of the items were useful - like heritage tokens. But cakes? Muffins? Nutcrackers? Boy... I cannot care less...

Hell, go out and fight! Go out and build a crazy new template! Go out and play the new content which is 100 times more important than bunnies, eggs and hearts. Go out and meet with your guildies, pull up a Scalis, go fishing, redesign your castles, try to find new housing spots, attend a VvV-battle, try to solo the last Boss you never soloed before, offer some events like an auction, a hunting tour, a bazar, a game-night, a Casino....Whatever. But stop complaining about cupids and other stuff...

And be honest: We ALL wanted that the Devs concentrate on developing new content and resolving bugs... They are doing this. You simply forget sometimes your own argument: People cried UO was in maintenance mode, no new story arcs will come, no new expansions, no new game mechanics...

And what did you get? Within 6 months you got new landmasses, new stealables, new bosses, new artifacts, new quests, a set of new masteries of which some are simply fantastic. You got more than you got in many years before - done with a team smaller than ever. AND ALL YOU CARE ABOUT IS BUNNIES, EGGS, HEARTS, CHOCOLATE NONSENSE?

Sometimes this forums and many of its members are EXASPERATING! Childish, arroganting, discontented and carping...

Last edited:

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The only thing I really share is the aspect of communictation - and this is something I said many times before: Do more PR. UO.com is a huge progress compared to 5 years before... Simply use it more. Say "Hello" twice a week with some hints or explanatory notes (e.g. "Dear Collectors, this year we cannot offer Cupids as we have more important things to care about...")

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Last note: I used the term "you" to globally adress a certain mentality - I dit not adress the previous posts personally ;-)

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I'm just saying what is expressed to me 50 times a day by angry players... Players who don't and won't come to Stratics. Players who are VERY disppointed with not getting gifts they expected to get.. they don't come here to see any posts about excuses as to why they didn't get it... they don't read the uo.com website... But they are pretty vocal about their opinions...

I get asked frequently when are we getting this or that... what was the patch, what is in the publish.... is there anything I should know about....

As for your primers I wouldn't know a thing about most of them since the only way I get any is by doing the turtle spawn... and I'll say I've never EVER gotten anything more than a level 1 off of that.... I REFUSE to pay 50 to 80 million for a level 3... as far as I'm concerned those Primers can sit on those vendors until the fees take up any profit the person would have gotten if they had actually priced them decent... But some fool will come along and pay insane prices for them... but eventually when everyone on the shard has all the primers they need... that price will come down to a reasonable level... at which time I might be able to tell you if they were good or not... but until then..... I wouldn't know...

As far as the rest of the Eodon stuff goes it was fun for a bit... and great to have new content but since none of my friends will do the roof with me again rather pointless... I've done all the rest of the content and I honestly don't care to do it anymore. Yes fun... somewhat frustrating and my schedule and lack of time factor into that too... generally when I'm no NO ONE is doing any of it and I can't do it by myself... while some can I can not. Besides I don't play an MMO to play alone... I have other games to play by myself.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As I said, I didnt adress you. Just one Point: You can have ALL the fun with Level 2 primers... Ever tried the Tiger Form of Ninjitsu? Ever tried the Reaper of Spellweaving? Ever tried the Magery Primers? Ever noticed how longer your Colossus lasts with the new primers? Or your EVs? Who said you have to get Level 3? Who pays 80 mils? What shard are you playing on? Maybe that is the problem... ;-)

I am playing most of my chars with Level 2 primers which are pretty cheap and again - you can have all the new, really cool content with only a bit lesser power.

And I didnt say you should do the new content. I just argued that many people complained that there will be no new content and some even feared there will never be new content... And we got it, regardless of your willingness to play it or not. Most people are enjoying the new masteries. When I look around on the shards I play, NOBODY asks for Cupids and Eggs and Nutcrackers and EVERYBODY does the new stuff.

You see: Perceptions can be VERY different and THIS board is only a small part of the UO-reality, which has nothing, ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with bunnies and cupids...

Why does anybody make such a big issue out of such irrelevant things - totally useless?