• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

BAD NEWS

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Jack rabbit pie sprinkled with powderized cupid bones. D-licious.

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd rather see in game holidays.

For example

Love your goblin day. Replaces Vday.

Troll la la week. Replaces Xmas by a gift giving Troll.

Modainaween. Replaces halloween. Celebrates Modains defeat by dressing up and trick and treating.

Year of the (insert monster) Replaces New Year and rotates to a different monster in a rotating cycle.

The Ogre hop. Replaces Easter. Random boss ogre that shows up in the month of June in random places. If defeated you get a random colored ogre stone.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
I am a lil over the top sometimes... *winks*

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
its ok bunn bunn he not dead he took a holliday in rome.
As for cupid.... he is doing 12 months for hitting an officer in the bum... (who knew he was a judges cousin)
Spring is here...or so that silly groundhog said...
For the folks who need a hug an a egg
Happy Easter!:p

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As adults we know ( or bloody should know) what Easter is about.

The bunny and candy stuff is a gimmick for the kids.

Below is a story why things are now days and why things get ruined.

Pushy parents create mess at Easter egg hunts

Now I enjoy a surprise once in a while in game but I don't expect it either. No where does it say when you play a game that expected in game gifts for real life holiday gifts ( especially when different cultures and religions don't share the same holidays) are part of your purchase. Please don't try to use the subscription as an excuse because that is paying for your service to the game.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Cupid, St Patrick and the Easter bunny, but it's ok cos in means they can concentrate on more quality releases like Eodon.
Next release is Hello Kitty land.

Angel of Sonoma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
in case you didn't know, the Easter bunnies we got 2 years ago are giving gifts. you know ... the bunnies that would give a marshmallow duck or chocolate jelly beans when you doubleclicked them. that seems to be our Easter gift this year. too bad the baskets don't refill.

Last edited:

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Professional
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
in case you didn't know, the Easter bunnies we got 2 years ago are giving gifts. you know ... the bunnies that would give a marshmallow duck or chocolate jelly beans when you doubleclicked them. that seems to be our Easter gift this year. too bad the baskets don't refill.
That is not a chocolate jellybean, just sayin . . .

whiterabbit

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Yeah its too bad we are no longer getting those holiday gifts. I guess there is no need to keep multiple accounts open anymore to get more of those gifts! The people at Broadsword just don't seem to get it at all! More incentives to keep more accounts open, not less!
WABES TO CAT LADY

Deep Ellum Dan

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Oh I am sure some will say it is all our fault for not appreciating BS enough :)
Why am I just not shocked anymore to hear your blatant bash of BS/UO - guess I'm more shocked you even still play. I will admit, you give me something to look forward to .... LOL -

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You know I kind of miss the Gifts. Granted I trashed all but 1 set from each occasion, keeping 1 set as kind of a ongoing sentimental thing. So in a way it is kind of sad that particular collection appears to have came to an end with 2015. Disappointed that the Devs could not be troubled to say something like "Look we just are not going to be handing out gifts anymore." Kind of like the Runebook thing one day they are fine and functional and the next day they don't look anything like runebooks and entire libraries and markers back packs left in ruin with not so much as peep. While gifts are not a big deal to a lot of folks, others love collecting them. Just because one person does not think its a big deal I can almost guarantee a equal number do think its a big deal.

Deraj

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
An easter basket that refills every Easter is a really good idea. Sort of like the horn of plenty.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
It is hard to keep throwing yourself against that wall. *chooses words carefully* There are a lot of whiney lil "pancakes" that play this game.

You folks that are providing some constructive feedback... Yer cool in my book.

Some of you "muffins" crying about what you are "owed" disappoint me. You likely know who you are... I am glad that each day I can log in. I am glad I can have some small amount of intelligent discourse with my compatriots here on Statics.

None of us are in the room when decisions are made. Accept that. None of us (people that pay to play) have any idea where we as a MMO fit into the scheme of things.

I just feel that is everyone that has threatened to quit UO and take all those accounts and all their friends that would quit too... our game would implode. More quitters that people that signed on.