• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

So Castle /Keep Custom...is 5 floors the max??

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
just asking ive seen a 5 floor keep and castle but no higher...was just wondering>>>

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
so is this a secret...i dont like the 5 floor castle to be fair but the extra two floors makes a huge extra display space...so my question is still the same... as anyone customed higher than 5 floors??? or is 5 floors the max???

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
SP-Castle-3.jpg SP-Castle-2.jpg Bar.jpg SE_Tower.jpg SE_Tower2.jpg
I will say 4 floors are max. I was only able to build one extra floor = one floor more on main roof and each corner towers. Sure I could had build between them too, but I don't want a big cube.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
nahh ive seen 5 floors id post a piccy but its not my houses so wont...deffo 5 levels....maybe that is the max the top 5th level was 31x31 borg cube lolz

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I believe you are wrong as anything I tried to build higher would end up in moving crates.
Try use a sextant on top floor. Mine say: -You are at w0, 2215, 877, 71

71 is the highest I can build

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
icq me ill show u lot easier and nobody else seems bothered...its 5 floors top floor is huge 31x31 square

icq 658366531

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
is the top floor built with craftable tiles or rubble? I believe several people built higher castles using rubble than are currently possible using stone crafting.

Angel of Sonoma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
somewhere i recall reading the limitation on building height and i think it was less than 5 floors. try searching the UO website for the details.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
The 5th floor was Goza, did look amazing, even when a big cube

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
different land masses have varying heights. I know the Malas land-mass varies a bit (used to have a custom there and one corner had different vertical measurements than the other).

All I know is the ~70 limit... I kinda like my castle to have towers and such.

Coco_Zamis_DF

Lore Keeper
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
A mate of me has reached more than 120 in the z-axis. You can check the height with the sextant tool. It will now show also the z-coordinates.

We had a housing decoration contest on Drachenfels last month. If you like to get inspired visit DF and double-click the post of the banner of the winners in Luna (can be reached through the stable, 2nd floor). A link with pictures is here
http://drachenfels.uoem.net/?p=3419
The 2nd placed is my favorite but this castle is really laggy.
The mate i mentioned was not in the contest.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the 5 floor was 88 on the z-axis height...the 5th floor was goza ...iam told only 4 floors are possible with crafting stone...any higher then its goza etc etc...oh well... its amazing what some folks have built...

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
the 5 floor was 88 on the z-axis height...the 5th floor was goza ...iam told only 4 floors are possible with crafting stone...any higher then its goza etc etc...oh well... its amazing what some folks have built...
5th floor = goza only
4th floor = new custom tiles

70 71 or 72 is typically the max height for fel or tram. Malas goes to 120 I believe.

The top char statue is the very nw corner of the 18x18. This is in malas. However fel/tram cannot get this high.
malas sand.JPG

Dixie chessy/legends

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
pretty sure i got my highest tram floor at 90, u can raise higher ...u can raise them till they vanish but i cant step up on the gozas any higher than...i wanna say 100 .

Soul.Train

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello Mates,
you are all right in your way of argumentation.

I figured out: Floors made with craftable Stone Pavers will have a max hight of 74 so u can place anything else. Building up higher than 75 so it depends where u are.... on the west side of Buildings / Castle u can go up to 77. When u built higher than 75 and after the next server up all is gone... have a look into your moving crate ;)

I Reached the max hight of 112 with Gozas... and im able to place there Raised Garden Beds and Fontains of Life.

In order to be legal i sent a Mail to Messana and i asked the GMs and our Shard EM. They confirmed that it is ok like i did it.

This is what i learned while i redesigned 2 Castles

Have Fun

Souli