• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Dragon Turtle Hatchling Speed

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Are these things being unbearably slow by design? Or was it an oversight? Sure, I know they wanted to slow tamers down a little while back, they don't want us running at mounted speed.. aight, fine. But shouldn't our critters keep up with us while we run on foot? Greater keeps up fine, but the drag hatchling lags back all the time.

J. E. Tamer

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A greater dragon hath two advantages over the dragon turtle:
o Flying. A greater dragon can fly up to the top of the pedestal in the Belfry area of Shadowguard, and a turtle can't.
o Selection. When thou art seeking a greater dragon, thou canst view dozens before thou dost select one, and thou canst view those dozens in a day or two. With a dragon turtle, thou dost get what hatcheth, thou'lt find it hard to get dozens of eggs within a day or two, and then there is the whole incubation period of delay.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
With a dragon turtle, thou dost get what hatcheth, thou'lt find it hard to get dozens of eggs within a day or two, and then there is the whole incubation period of delay.
Yeah, I have been through 12 eggs and only gotten a 3.6 rated one.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah, I have been through 12 eggs and only gotten a 3.6 rated one.
My best has been a 2.5. The two greaters I use? 3.8 (Atl) and 4.3 (LS) - I don't find trying for the dragon turtle to be worth my time. That said, if I managed to GET one that was equal to my LS greater (roughly), I would use it in a heartbeat, especially at events. Having to find the event boss bar in that mess is ridiculous, and my "Get nearest target" macro is more likely to select summons...which you can't attack in Tram ruleset anyway.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
God help me but I bought one from a pet stall that turned out be a 4.2 for 100k. Still think it is the ugliest pet next to a ridgeback but what the heck we will give the snail looking thing a whirl.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That IS a Siege Price ;-)
Actually picked up on Atlantic from whoever beat me out on a stall bid, After playing around with it for a while and giving a bond potion........ It still is ugly but I like it better for Pirate killing than the GD but don't see me using it for much more than boating.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The second is a 3.9ish had 6 of them in the stall all 100k other than those two the rest were mid 2s

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Wow... you could turn a nice little profit rather quickly too though.. nice investment :)

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow... you could turn a nice little profit rather quickly too though.. nice investment :)
I have a bad habit of collecting things and never selling anything........ I might have a hoarding issue in UO that compensates for my if it ain't been used in 6 months get rid of it real life method.

Like the multiple bags of small pieces of blackrock 125 to a bag littering just about every houses floors :(

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The following speed becometh faster as their dexterity increaseth with training.
The follow speed of pets isn't exactly determined by DEX, but by Stamina. Some pets can spawn with Stamina higher than their DEX, such as Pack Horses. Pack Horses can be bought with up to 65 more Stamina than they have DEX, so a Pack Horse bought at 35 DEX/100 Stamina, can be trained up to 125 DEX/190 Stamina, which makes them move super fast. If Blessed to above 210 Stam, they can keep up with absolutely anyone, even mounted people in full sprint that hit UO's legal speed cap. Controlled Skeletal Dragons can also have high DEX/Stam like this.
This is also why pets and creatures move slower as they lose Stamina. Every 30 points of Stamina is an increment in speed.