• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Provocation] Prov and Disco Stuck. 120 Music the Problem?

Kith

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Greetings. Training my bard and my bard skills are stuck (nearly no raises off the right monsters based off the guides). Prov is at 94.2 and Disco 90. I recently took my music to 120. Is that the problem? Should I keep music at GM until I get Prov/Disco up? Thanks for the help.

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Yes, locking music at 100 then raising the other skills to 120 is the general advice. I had this problem a while back, and when I dropped my music from 120 to 100, the gains started coming again.

Plus, music is quite easy to raise to 120 from 100, so it won't be too much of an issue to get it back.

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Greetings. Training my bard and my bard skills are stuck (nearly no raises off the right monsters based off the guides). Prov is at 94.2 and Disco 90. I recently took my music to 120. Is that the problem? Should I keep music at GM until I get Prov/Disco up? Thanks for the help.
I would train exclusively with Masteries I don't think it matters what Music is at for that.

ioelis

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I would train exclusively with Masteries I don't think it matters what Music is at for that.
yup.... post 90 skill you should be training w masteries.... its just as fast (or slow) but less complicated (no need for critters)....

they say over 100 music there is an advantage to success and therefore a more difficult skill gain (since success is easier)... therefore 100 music keeps the difficulty of success just where it should be to optimize gain

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
When my skills got stuck in the 10X are, I stoned music away and took it back to 100, and then the other masteries raised much faster with 100 music than 120 music.

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I'm having the opposite problem. Peace is 120, music is 113, but I only get my 0.1 ggs gain each day.

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Ok, I trained up Discord to 120, and working on a 2nd character. With Music at 120 and using Tribulation mastery, Discord gains about 0.3/hour. Not fast, but it's progressing.

With Music at 100, Discord seems to be raising closer to 0.9/hour. So I think I'd keep Music at 100 until all the training is done, or at least until you're on the last 5 points of gaining Discord, then finally turn Music back up.