• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Please help with Stone Building!

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I want the simple design from the pic below but I am about to yank all my hair out trying to achieve it.

I cannot get the stone spikes up there no matter what I do. Help :(
(I am new to this so go easy on me).

Capture.JPG

Goodmann

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Kyronix would if ever be possible to change the exterior color of castles to match the natural stone colors such as shadow, valorite,verite, agapite, dull copper, bronze and copper this could be a major gold sinks if it could be done. I did a test of what one would look like feel free to pass it on, the idea at least :)

VALORITE CASTLE
castle.png

claudia-fjp

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I want the simple design from the pic below but I am about to yank all my hair out trying to achieve it.

I cannot get the stone spikes up there no matter what I do. Help :(
(I am new to this so go easy on me).
Imagine my surprise when I opened the thread to see the front porch of the castle I've been working on.
:)
What you can't see from the outside because the contents aren't loaded are the second and third floor. I placed the spikes on the front when I was building the arch wall. I had a line of floor tiles across the southern halfwall that after placing the arches I raised to become the 31 x 31 3rd floor. So I was up in the air more or less level with the spikes when I placed them there.

If you'd like to check it out from the inside just let me know and I'll let you in.

Attachments

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
you need a chaos or order banner right smack in the middle of that part above the door.

claudia-fjp

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
roof.jpg

I wanted to make entrance a raised castle gate using the barred door (found in yew prison) and winch graphics. I googled "ultima online barred metal door" and it showed up as a craftable but it turned out it was from some free shard which made me sad. Still trying to decide what to do with the east side of the roof.

Kolka

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Patron
View attachment 45608

I wanted to make entrance a raised castle gate using the barred door (found in yew prison) and winch graphics. I googled "ultima online barred metal door" and it showed up as a craftable but it turned out it was from some free shard which made me sad. Still trying to decide what to do with the east side of the roof.
Wow!

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
is all that tan stuff Magincia Rubble?
holy hell, and i thought i had a lot of rubble rat holed away!!!!

there is no way that can be rubble, there is just way too much of it!

claudia-fjp

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
is all that tan stuff Magincia Rubble?
holy hell, and i thought i had a lot of rubble rat holed away!!!!

there is no way that can be rubble, there is just way too much of it!
Yeah all the tan stuff is rubble. This castle is a test of what I could do mixing it with the new building stuff before I go back and redo my other ones. One currently has plain rubble walls, one with patterned walls, and a third ringed by wooden walls with a tent on the top middle part. Using the new building materials definitely lets you integrate rubble better into the existing houses since the older ones look clunky in comparison to the new one.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Yeah all the tan stuff is rubble. This castle is a test of what I could do mixing it with the new building stuff before I go back and redo my other ones. One currently has plain rubble walls, one with patterned walls, and a third ringed by wooden walls with a tent on the top middle part. Using the new building materials definitely lets you integrate rubble better into the existing houses since the older ones look clunky in comparison to the new one.
what is the height of your 4th levels floor?
oh never mind..... i think thats just at the 3rd level height, no?

claudia-fjp

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
what is the height of your 4th levels floor?
oh never mind..... i think thats just at the 3rd level height, no?
The 31 x 31 floor is about 1/2 a floor higher than the floor of the 3rd floor. If I tried to put floor tiles on the top of that one they'd go in the moving crate. I could have done that whole floor with custom walls then done all rubble ones on top of that one but it would probably be too laggy.

Ground is z=0, first floor is z=6, second floor is z=26, third is normally z=46 but mine is z=55 because I raised it above the tower lips. For some reason there is a bug with the rubble stairs and blocks. On everyone's own client screen it looks like they run on top of them, but if I use two clients or someone else is in the house everyone else looks like they are still on z=55 and they are running under the blocks. Even when it shows me running on top with my client the sextant still shows me on z=55. So not sure what is going on with them.

So floors can go as follows: Ground is z=0, first floor is z=6, second floor is z=26, third is z=46, fouth is z=66, then you switch to gozas and rubble for floor 5 and perhaps 6+ depending on where you are. I think.

Silentfury

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I been pulling my hair out just trying to get the damn blocks to place across the front wall to raise it higher. Can anyone tell me the trick and is it bets to do this in 2d or Enhanced?

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I completed my first project yesterday! Here's how it turned out:

1.JPG 2.JPG 3.JPG 4.JPG

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I been pulling my hair out just trying to get the damn blocks to place across the front wall to raise it higher. Can anyone tell me the trick and is it bets to do this in 2d or Enhanced?
I can't tell you what client is easier but I did all mine in CC.

claudia-fjp

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I used 2d client.

In order to place anything on top edge of the existing walls of houses in uo you have to first get something on top of them than you can set an object on. Previously it was gozas but now I use the crafted floor pavers. Use circle transparency to lock them down then raise them until they sit on top of the wall you want to put stuff on. For the North and West walls you run outside the house and lock down the pavers from the outside then raise them all up to the second floor.

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I used 2d client.

In order to place anything on top edge of the existing walls of houses in uo you have to first get something on top of them than you can set an object on. Previously it was gozas but now I use the crafted floor pavers. Use circle transparency to lock them down then raise them until they sit on top of the wall you want to put stuff on. For the North and West walls you run outside the house and lock down the pavers from the outside then raise them all up to the second floor.
Wait what? How does that work? I can't lock anything down when I'm outside. the house.

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
View attachment 45608

Well done my friend

claudia-fjp

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wait what? How does that work? I can't lock anything down when I'm outside. the house.
Castles are 31 tiles by 31 tiles however the walls in UO are only half a tile wide so that leaves you with 1/2 a tile sticking out the west and north sides of your house. This actually counts as part of the house so if you go outside like in the picture below you can set a row of the Stone Pavers that are House Only (they won't jump into your pack) down along that 31st tile and double click it to lock it down. You can then raise it with a house deco tool to the top of the wall on that side in order to build a higher floor or set things on top of the second floor walls.

outside.jpg

Kolka

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Patron
I've done it with both clients. EC is nice because you can zoom in; CC it seems to me the circle of transparency works better, which comes in handy when you are trying to drop tiles adjacent to stairs. Otherwise they both work well.

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Castles are 31 tiles by 31 tiles however the walls in UO are only half a tile wide so that leaves you with 1/2 a tile sticking out the west and north sides of your house. This actually counts as part of the house so if you go outside like in the picture below you can set a row of the Stone Pavers that are House Only (they won't jump into your pack) down along that 31st tile and double click it to lock it down. You can then raise it with a house deco tool to the top of the wall on that side in order to build a higher floor or set things on top of the second floor walls.

View attachment 45928
You deco guys are incredible

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter

View attachment 45928
I knew about the half walls on the outside - use that on the inside all the time for certain walled areas, just didn't think about that working outside the castle. Good to know! Now I can fix a house I was working on with that.

I'm going to have to include that on UO Home Decor. Thanks!