• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Shard Shield advice

Han Telemnar

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Hello everyone. I'm about to obtain my first set of shard shields. I have three vet rewards so I am going to choose a shield from my home shard (Atlantic) and two for other shards, and I am looking for some advice.

I've long given up pvp since the coming of Trammel. With that said, I am looking to go to a shard that isn't as populated, but also not too far (due to lag) from my geographical location (California, USA). I tried searching for data on the activity of shards but didn't come up with anything. Anyone have some inside advice on which shards would be good for a pvmer felucca hunting (mainly soloing champ spawns and other Fel bosses)? My play times are typically between 7pm and 2am PST.

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hello everyone. I'm about to obtain my first set of shard shields. I have three vet rewards so I am going to choose a shield from my home shard (Atlantic) and two for other shards, and I am looking for some advice.

I've long given up pvp since the coming of Trammel. With that said, I am looking to go to a shard that isn't as populated, but also not too far (due to lag) from my geographical location (California, USA). I tried searching for data on the activity of shards but didn't come up with anything. Anyone have some inside advice on which shards would be good for a pvmer felucca hunting (mainly soloing champ spawns and other Fel bosses)? My play times are typically between 7pm and 2am PST.
pacific, LS, GL, Chessy would all be good choices for decent populations. as far as the most dead shards? napa valley, baja or origin.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Go to LA, the shard is dead, and you can do spawns all by yourself, you only have to worry about Josh the Gladiator coming in to raid you, but don't worry because he's pretty terrible.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I like Napa, LA, Origin (though this shard gets busy when there is a publish sometimes... and can have reverts)... Baja... Those are all excellent choices I might add Legends to that list as well. Nice folk on all those shards too if you can find them.

And if you want some fun I'd chose GLs... since we have 2 of the BEST EMs ever... and they always do a wonderful job and if you like the RP and historical aspects of Ultima you will probably like them.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Any West Coast Shard will give you good ping and if you can deal with the lag to Atl. then any East Coast Shard could also be in the running. Recomend that you make a char on every West Coast Shard and log in say 5pm to 9pm and talk to people to see where your interests may be the same as the new shard.

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
By "spirited" are you meaning team oriented, or raid prone?
Plan on being raided on Sonoma. It won't happen every time but it has a healthy Felucca community. I've been too busy to play in a while but the Felucca guilds kind of at odds are WAKA and SoS

PAX plays in Fel but I've never known them to raid.