• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

I hate the Tower

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
When I did the Bar I was on my Prov/disco character. Since the Tower is lock to one character doing all the rooms to advance to the roof I forsee that I will never be on the roof unless they make a BIG change to the rooms and how they work.

In The Bar I was able to prov and invis, thus killing off the pirates, but in the Garden the treefellow take forever to die and there is a 30 minute timer, running around to toss apples I get to far from them and they are chasing me once more, I have to stay within eye sight of them for them to continue to fight. It takes to long to kill them off. I understand you can do it in a party, as I am sure most rooms are, but again I am stuck with the Bard on all the rooms unless I start over.

If they made a change to how the rooms work, say like the Valley of One quest where we get an item for completing a room, much like the sub quest of the valley that can be handed over to the character that you wish to take to the roof I would be very happy and jump for joy.

I also hate the fact that to bring a Greater dragon or a Turtle, we have to walk from the gate, At the last Meet and Greet I ask they tie the tower to the portal system somehow, so that we do not have to walk all the way in to the tower. So far I have yet to see any of that happening yet. Maybe next year, who knows.

I went thru every room on TC when they did this, I died a lot, having to change templates ever so often to complete one room before going on to a next. I found that the Bard did well in the Bar, but a peace tamer did better over all on most rooms, the bad thing is again I have to walk in and of course I hate to walk a long distance.

Mayhem

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I haven't completed all rooms, but I do have the Bar and the the Orchard done... for the bar, I stay mounted and run around picking up the bottles and throwing them at the pirates...they blow up on you sometimes,(sometimes way too many times in a row) so watch your health. For the Orchard, do not engage the tree fellows they are slow and are easily out run...if you hit them you have to kill them, so avoid them..pick and throw the apples and play the memory game...

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When you do the orchard you don't even need to attack the tree things. Just run around and throw the apples. Ignore the spawn.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I do them all on my bard. Does your bard not have magery?
In the bar I use disco, provo and evs
In the orchard I use earth elementals, disco, and despair with a book in which I have put the virtue and vice pairings so I know which apple to throw where.
In the fountain I struggle, running out of time. On that one I need to double up with a friend. Very rarely I can solo it. Evs and despair mostly.
Armory is pretty easy with provo, disco and evs.
The group I fight with usually does belfry together after we do the roof.

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
I do them all on my bard. Does your bard not have magery?
In the bar I use disco, provo and evs
In the orchard I use earth elementals, disco, and despair with a book in which I have put the virtue and vice pairings so I know which apple to throw where.
In the fountain I struggle, running out of time. On that one I need to double up with a friend. Very rarely I can solo it. Evs and despair mostly.
Armory is pretty easy with provo, disco and evs.
The group I fight with usually does belfry together after we do the roof.
Ya she is a bard/mage. I still hate the tower. To me it the worse thing ever added to this game. My guild on Sonoma tries to do it every month and they do very well, but it up to the indivdual to get the rooms done before the guild does the roof. So I normally just log out and watch a TV show when they go to the tower. I am 65 yrs, have a heart condition, and I really feel that running the one character through all the rooms should be changed, as I said on TC I was able to switch out skills on a character and did very well. I still feel they can do something that would help us with the rooms of the tower. Switching out skills on normal shards would be to big of a headache with cost of soul stones and getting bonded pets etc..

It would be like the valley of one quest, my Bard took the main quest, yet its my archer/mage doing the lava quest, my peace tamer doing the club and hatchling quests. For the T Rex and Ape, again the guild schedules it monthly and we run it three or four times that evening. I then pass all the quest items to the bard/mage who runs in and does her thing to get my reward. Why can't they do something like that for the Tower.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My guild on Sonoma tries to do it every month and they do very well, but it up to the indivdual to get the rooms done before the guild does the roof.
Won't one of them help with the rooms?

Some of them can be finished solo but I prefer to do them with a guild mate. All of them can be completed with two people quite easily.

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I don't kill them, just get apple and throw at trees until u find right one, no pets or summons cause they pull u in. I do solo real easy

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think the only one that isn't really soloable on a pure bard/mage is the belfry.

That being said, surely there is someone on Sonoma, a guildy or stranger, that you could tag along with for that room. Any warrior or tamer would benefit from a discorded dragon and some extra heals plus a bard song.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Takes about 3 if you just ignore the treefellows and focus on the apples and moving around.

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Won't one of them help with the rooms?

Some of them can be finished solo but I prefer to do them with a guild mate. All of them can be completed with two people quite easily.
Well the only time I can get help from them is during the evening and we have a schedule event ever night. During the weekend I maybe can catch one or two, but I don't play just Sonoma, I also play Siege as well so its hard for us to catch each other. Example, I was on Siege with GIL killing the Great Ape and the T rex, when one of the Sonoma PAS members ask about my Bard Temp plate in ICQ, I had to wait till I was done on Siege before I could answer them, they are AFK right now so I sent pictures of the two bards (two accounts) I have on Sonoma.

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards

A full 30 minutes of running my butt off and no where near finishing it. Like I said I hate this tower.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

A full 30 minutes of running my butt off and no where near finishing it. Like I said I hate this tower.
You understand the matching part of the orchard right? That means at MOST you should pick 8 apples that you don't know the match to.

Make yourself a diagram showing the trees on a piece of paper and label each tree as you pick the apple. Once you are in the encounter the trees don't change.

Example: if you pick a tree with honesty, that tree will stay honesty. As soon as you pick deceit, you know which tree to throw the apple to.

Honestly, I can run it in just a couple minutes and never get hit... And I do it with 3 accounts at once.

You are welcome to make a character with hiding on Napa and come watch if you want.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
You understand the matching part of the orchard right? That means at MOST you should pick 8 apples that you don't know the match to.

Make yourself a diagram showing the trees on a piece of paper and label each tree as you pick the apple. Once you are in the encounter the trees don't change.

Example: if you pick a tree with honesty, that tree will stay honesty. As soon as you pick deceit, you know which tree to throw the apple to.

Honestly, I can run it in just a couple minutes and never get hit... And I do it with 3 accounts at once.

You are welcome to make a character with hiding on Napa and come watch if you want.
I keep a computerized post it on my screen for the orchard and a sheet of paper with the trees represented by circles. I write the apple on the tree i got it off of and always throw them at the same tree every time unless i happen to get one by change and have to swap the hitting tree for a new one.... I do this on a tamer with my GD and just tell the dragon to stop and follow me..... this way he's not in guard mode but he's keeping the trees busy while I move from one apple tree to the next...

I do just fine in the Bar with my GD he keeps the riff raff busy while I grab bottles and throw them... I set a macro to Alt+Z and drop the bottles into the box on my bar there and it works great (in the EC)... I vet my dragon when I have to but most the time he does just fine.

The Fountain I have to have someone help me or do the go in and pick up stuff and come out method... But with me and the GD as my protector I generally do just fine...

The Armory I enjoy and actually like killing them... I find it fun an easy .... I use the scavenge all macro to pick up the things from the ground and double click them and target the fire... using use last object to retry if I miss... then I drop the first purified bottle into my Alt-Z slot on my bar and I'm good to go again hitting that to throw the purified bottle things.

I can do the Belfry alone with my GD most the time if I really hurry with the drakes and don't get stupid and get pushed off .... it can take me almost the full time to kill him so I prefer to take another tamer or a mystic with me who can cast RC up on the pedestal. Taking another tamer is a pain though because it's hard to get the keys... and use them before they time out.

But once I'm done with all the rooms my main issue is getting folk to actually DO the Roof. Most folk don't want to go anymore since they are tired of putting in the hours getting the keys, killing all four mobs and getting NOTHING.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I keep a computerized post it on my screen for the orchard and a sheet of paper with the trees represented by circles. I write the apple on the tree i got it off of and always throw them at the same tree every time unless i happen to get one by change and have to swap the hitting tree for a new one.... I do this on a tamer with my GD and just tell the dragon to stop and follow me..... this way he's not in guard mode but he's keeping the trees busy while I move from one apple tree to the next...
I have an excel template that has the grid laid out. Pop it up on the second monitor and fill it is as I grab apples. But paper works too :)

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I always pick the trees in the same order, that way I can just write the trees down in a list, one line for each quarter. I always throw the apple at the next tree in my order, that means I accidentally hit a match sometimes with luck. That happened in the video with the 3rd apple of the first quarter.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

I do just fine in the Bar with my GD he keeps the riff raff busy while I grab bottles and throw them... I set a macro to Alt+Z and drop the bottles into the box on my bar there and it works great (in the EC)... I vet my dragon when I have to but most the time he does just fine.

The Fountain I have to have someone help me or do the go in and pick up stuff and come out method... But with me and the GD as my protector I generally do just fine...

The Armory I enjoy and actually like killing them... I find it fun an easy .... I use the scavenge all macro to pick up the things from the ground and double click them and target the fire... using use last object to retry if I miss... then I drop the first purified bottle into my Alt-Z slot on my bar and I'm good to go again hitting that to throw the purified bottle things.

I can do the Belfry alone with my GD most the time if I really hurry with the drakes and don't get stupid and get pushed off .... it can take me almost the full time to kill him so I prefer to take another tamer or a mystic with me who can cast RC up on the pedestal. Taking another tamer is a pain though because it's hard to get the keys... and use them before they time out.

But once I'm done with all the rooms my main issue is getting folk to actually DO the Roof. Most folk don't want to go anymore since they are tired of putting in the hours getting the keys, killing all four mobs and getting NOTHING.
A tip for you in the belfry with two tamers... Have the second tamer friend their pet to the first tamer. A few "all follow me" commands from the first tamer will let the second tamers pet climb up the wall (you might have to move around a little for it to work). Then tamer two can gain line of site with the dragon and use "all kill" from the floor. Can save you the effort of getting a second wing to get up top.

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Cat Musique: *Your throw releases powerful magics and destroys the tree!*
You have bested this tower of Shadowguard! You will be teleported out of the tower in 60 seconds!
Cat Musique: I beat it with the Bard

Just a few min's ago. Took 24 min's to complete. I wish I had peace on this one as she got beat up a lot during this part of the quest, my peacer is on another account so cannot transfer the skills over. I did the same as before writing the location of the V-V for the groups of trees. But this times I did not prov the treefellows. Still it was getting harder to see the trees with all the treefellows chasing me from one to another.

I still say I wish the tower was more like the Valley of one quest. On TC I used stealth a lot, and I have only one character on Sonoma with that skills, my thief. Had the tower been more like the Valley quests I could have used her for that part.

Last edited:

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
congrats. I do the trees with a combination of 2 earth eles told to kill it, discord it, then cast both disco masteries on it.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Cat Musique: *Your throw releases powerful magics and destroys the tree!*
You have bested this tower of Shadowguard! You will be teleported out of the tower in 60 seconds!
Cat Musique: I beat it with the Bard

Just a few min's ago. Took 24 min's to complete. I wish I had peace on this one as she got beat up a lot during this part of the quest, my peacer is on another account so cannot transfer the skills over. I did the same as before writing the location of the V-V for the groups of trees. But this times I did not prov the treefellows. Still it was getting harder to see the trees with all the treefellows chasing me from one to another.

I still say I wish the tower was more like the Valley of one quest. On TC I used stealth a lot, and I have only one character on Sonoma with that skills, my thief. Had the tower been more like the Valley quests I could have used her for that part.
I have AWESOME guild mates/alliance mates. We pop in to the orchard, they do their thing, and in about 6-8 minutes, we are OUT OF THERE! Did I mention they are AWESOME!

Minerva Foxglove

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I looove the rooms. I have a guildmate to do it with twice every week , we take turns using bard and myst. We compete against the clock and I know witth a little more organised fountain we would go under 40 min for all but belfry. 9 min last armory.. Then I get calls from guildies to come and build fountain several times , then I use bard. If I have spare time I sneak away to do a room or two just for fun and figuring out how to do better. Only prob I have id the spawn at fountain is a tad bit slow when you solo. In pair its fine and more than two its very busy. And im older than Petra and not as good as her at all.:p

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I looove the rooms. I have a guildmate to do it with twice every week , we take turns using bard and myst. We compete against the clock and I know witth a little more organised fountain we would go under 40 min for all but belfry. 9 min last armory.. Then I get calls from guildies to come and build fountain several times , then I use bard. If I have spare time I sneak away to do a room or two just for fun and figuring out how to do better. Only prob I have id the spawn at fountain is a tad bit slow when you solo. In pair its fine and more than two its very busy. And im older than Petra and not as good as her at all.:p
That's why I take my stealther in the fountain with me and just park him in a corner when I want to solo it. I love the rooms but the fountain is too slow to do solo... this way if I get to the roof (which never happens as no one ever wants to go)... I can take him up and park him so I always have a rez.

Melchiah

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
That's why I take my stealther in the fountain with me and just park him in a corner when I want to solo it. I love the rooms but the fountain is too slow to do solo... this way if I get to the roof (which never happens as no one ever wants to go)... I can take him up and park him so I always have a rez.
I do exactly the same to complete the fountain, taking my second account along in a party. Second char stays hidden all the way through, so spawn is still manageable on one char. Usually use my archer, or Mage tamer. I can do all rooms on my own, except Belfry which we do as a group straight after the Roof proper.
Armoury is actually easier on a Mage than an archer as you don't miss as often. Bar, just drop the bottles on yourself and throw at each in turn. Then they slow down and you have time to react; same with the final enemy - as there's no distance limit, just pick up and throw and stay off screen, or invis if you're targeted. Orchard is easy, write down each tree as you go, as a Mage pull a couple of Earth Ellies, or stand below the tree you're throwing at as any other char. My archer seems to one hit them almost every time!