• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Bug fix with Rental vendors

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Greetings all, We have resolved an issue with IDOC houses and rental vendors. After your shard is published when you claim your vendor you will now receive all wearables on the vendor. Japan has already received this publish during their normal maintenance cycle this afternoon the rest of the shards will receive it on 3/21/2016 during your regular schedule maintenance. Thank you, UO Team

Continue reading...

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Being as it is already 3/21, and maintenance isn't until tomorrow morning... perhaps they mean 3/22 during regular maintenance.

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
What did you fix on the IDOCS?

Angel of Sonoma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
what? it's twice as enjoyable now since you get the pleasure of sitting for 15 hours as opposed to the old 7 hour timer. </end sarcasm>

yeah i hate the new idoc timers too. each dev should be forced to sit through a few idoc's to get the full player experience.

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
LOL, sorry but I've been at a few idocs now and walked away with items worth several hundred million....and it cost me only time? I'm all for leaving the timers the way they are.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LOL, sorry but I've been at a few idocs now and walked away with items worth several hundred million....and it cost me only time? I'm all for leaving the timers the way they are.
Then you must have been there ALL DAY...or got there a few minutes before it fell. Let's put it this way: House goes IDOC after server maintenance. I believe it would fall anytime within the next 15 hours. People have lives - they can't sit & wait all day for the house to drop. That's assuming it goes IDOC right at server up - I've been at houses that were still in the IDOC stage at 1 AM/2 AM. There's no point to the house fall timer being ridiculously long.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I don't understand the new IDOC system.

The only possible reason to change the system so significantly would be to make it more difficult for scripters to locate houses and loot everything within 5 seconds of the house falling. Except the problem is, that still happens, and before at least a normal person could sit there and wait out the timer if they wanted to so they at least had a chance to grab a few things before the scripters grabbed everything else. With the new system it just makes it even easier for scripters to get everything, because who has time to sit at their computer staring at a house for 15 hours? Oh, that's right, the scripters who aren't actually there and could sit there all week if they had to.

The change has done far more damage than good. It had a few good ideas like the grubbers, but the timers are so ridiculous that they discourage anyone except scripters from even attempting to IDOC hunt anymore.

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't understand the new IDOC system.

The only possible reason to change the system so significantly would be to make it more difficult for scripters to locate houses and loot everything within 5 seconds of the house falling. Except the problem is, that still happens, and before at least a normal person could sit there and wait out the timer if they wanted to so they at least had a chance to grab a few things before the scripters grabbed everything else. With the new system it just makes it even easier for scripters to get everything, because who has time to sit at their computer staring at a house for 15 hours? Oh, that's right, the scripters who aren't actually there and could sit there all week if they had to.

The change has done far more damage than good. It had a few good ideas like the grubbers, but the timers are so ridiculous that they discourage anyone except scripters from even attempting to IDOC hunt anymore.

YEP! It almost seems like who ever Mesanna and the devs were listening to for advice was a scripter.

WootSauce

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If I recall correctly, the "grubbers" were added after initial testing of changes were done and had zero testing before implementation to live shards.

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If I recall correctly, the "grubbers" were added after initial testing of changes were done and had zero testing before implementation to live shards.
The grubbers were a great idea from a player. However they again made it easier for the scripter. The initial idea was for monsters to drop with with the house that would attack and loot. Instead our wonderful staff decided to drop grubbers that rarely loot anything, dont attack anything and are pretty much useless.

The monsters that attacked would of been able to kill the afkers and would of made idocs a whole lot more fun for everyone including non-idocers. The monsters would of given a legit player a solid chance at beating the scripters.

INstead the staff made grubbers... yet again it seems like the advice given to the staff was from a scripter.

Last edited: