• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Issue with multi-clienting

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Before some of you get bent outta shape, I only multi client to try to get a level 6 focus. I have enough trouble trying to keep one char alive these days.. dang sure don't need the stress of keeping more than that alive... but I digress...

I used to have no problems at all when toggling between the two clients, but over the last few days I can not toggle between them at all. I have to log one on, park him on the circle then log the other on and hope the other one does not time out before a couple of other folks show. Have tried everything I can think of (which ain't much lol) to try and resolve the issue. Thought maybe one of you folks had some ideas...

Only one account is going through UOAssist and both are CC.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I understand you there man... I mean I see folks hitting 7,8,9 and so on accounts at once and I cringe honestly. So I definitely get where you are coming from there sir :) but willing to bet it's just something on my pc somehow.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Before some of you get bent outta shape, I only multi client to try to get a level 6 focus. I have enough trouble trying to keep one char alive these days.. dang sure don't need the stress of keeping more than that alive... but I digress...

I used to have no problems at all when toggling between the two clients, but over the last few days I can not toggle between them at all. I have to log one on, park him on the circle then log the other on and hope the other one does not time out before a couple of other folks show. Have tried everything I can think of (which ain't much lol) to try and resolve the issue. Thought maybe one of you folks had some ideas...

Not sure why you would be having an issue, mine work fine. FYI, you can now launch both clients with UOA. Perhaps that will make it work for you.

Goodmann

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I understand you there man... I mean I see folks hitting 7,8,9 and so on accounts at once and I cringe honestly. So I definitely get where you are coming from there sir :) but willing to bet it's just something on my pc somehow.
If it were not for multi account holders this game would be long dead so instead of cringing give them a pat on the back and say thank you for making UO possible

Endrik

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree with Goodmann... if I was unable to use two (or in some rare cases 3) of the accounts I pay for at the same time, I would have closed my remaining accounts long ago.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I often run two CC clients at the same time, they sit side by side on my screen with a little overlap in the middle. I just click on the one I want active.

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Kylie Kinslayer I havent had any problems at all with multi clienting ever. The only issue that arises is after a patch you have to close down uo then open it back up to multi client properly.

However with you saying you use UOA, I would try using both accounts through UOA or both accounts off of UOA.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Thanks for the advise y'all. Am able to mouse over the client(s), right click and select restore to go between them now, so that's better than nothing. Used to be able to alt/tab my way back and forth. So, must be some kinda comp issue or something.

@Scribbles - Tried running both with UOA and both without and made no difference. Good idea tho.. thx

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thanks for the advise y'all. Am able to mouse over the client(s), right click and select restore to go between them now, so that's better than nothing. Used to be able to alt/tab my way back and forth. So, must be some kinda comp issue or something.

@Scribbles - Tried running both with UOA and both without and made no difference. Good idea tho.. thx
Did you upgrade to windows 10 since you last tried. That was an issue when Win 10 came out. Not sure if it ever got resolved. (Alt + Tab brings up a window now instead of just toggling through the open screens)

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Nah. Every time that overly invasive pos operating system asks to be installed I look really hard for the "____ You" option :D

Anything they are "giving for free" ya can bet your rear you are giving up TONS of privacy... *shrugs*

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Nah. Every time that overly invasive pos operating system asks to be installed I look really hard for the "____ You" option :D

Anything they are "giving for free" ya can bet your rear you are giving up TONS of privacy... *shrugs*
Hope you never plan to buy another PC. Microsoft plans to make it so Windows 8.1 and earlier won't run on any future generations of CPU. They aren't going to update the code for the OS's to account for the CPU Architecture and Data Handling changes.

I just checked on MS site, June of this year, they stop letting retailers obtain copies of anything but Win 10, by Oct 31st, is the end of Sales of PCs with anything but Win 10 installed.

Gilmour

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I upgraded to windows 10, mixed feelings.. I skipped 8.x entirely and jumped from 7 to 10. Main thing that bothers me is:

windows update control (windows update in win10 will download and install whenever it f***** please, and will pester you for a reboot, to a point it basically says, "I will shut down at this time, if it doesn't suit you, well... tough luck").

The start menu is for me a downgrade from 7, yet an upgrade from 8.1

RockoNV

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran

If you have not updated anything at all on your system before this started happening....I am not sure this will help you.....but you can go into the .cfg file and set multiple instances to true. I don't have CC installed to test this for you but it used to be the way to do it.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I upgraded to windows 10, mixed feelings.. I skipped 8.x entirely and jumped from 7 to 10. Main thing that bothers me is:

windows update control (windows update in win10 will download and install whenever it f***** please, and will pester you for a reboot, to a point it basically says, "I will shut down at this time, if it doesn't suit you, well... tough luck").

The start menu is for me a downgrade from 7, yet an upgrade from 8.1
Windows 10 Professional gives you more control when it comes to updates and privacy settings, that might be why I don't mind it as much.

When it comes to the start menu, I honestly rarely use it. I do have a few programs I don't commonly use pinned as tiles (paint, calculator etc.), most of my common use programs are pinned to my task bar (Waterfox, Chrome, Brackets, Outlook, Word). Everything that falls between is either a desktop icon, or I use the Cortana search bar, just type in the name of the program, and it pulls up a shortcut at the top of the list.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Hope you never plan to buy another PC.
Nah, I will purchase one in the future I am sure.. I will just not buy one with a Windows platform on it. :)

Trying to figure out Linux OS in my non UO spare time.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Nah, I will purchase one in the future I am sure.. I will just not buy one with a Windows platform on it. :)

Trying to figure out Linux OS in my non UO spare time.
Linux is great, if it had the Gaming support that Windows did....meaning native support... I'd switch in a moments notice.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
The only gaming I do these days is UO. The rest of it is generally bookkeeping for my business. So thinking I should be aight. I wish someone would come out with a "keep Big Brother in a closet where he belongs" type OS as well... maybe one day lol

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
The only gaming I do these days is UO. The rest of it is generally bookkeeping for my business. So thinking I should be aight. I wish someone would come out with a "keep Big Brother in a closet where he belongs" type OS as well... maybe one day lol
GamesLibrary.png

The two I boxed in contain about half my Steam Library, and a few other games. Linux wouldn't be a good solution for me right now.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I switched my desktop to WIN 10 back mid February and actually find I like it. Just go through all the setting options and turn off everything you can as WIN 10 sets up. Using Cortana requires you turn on the Onedrive security malware that dumps all your files into the hackerland cloud so if your into keeping your files private, don't use Cortana.

I'm giving thought to changing my 8.1 laptop to 10, I'd love to lose that 8.1 app start page. I've got maybe a dozen icons on the WIN 10 start page. Glad they made the thing a more minor annoyance.