• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Halawas Hunting Bow

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Kyronix @Bleak

Any chance you all have this item on your list to fix? One of the few slayers related to all of Eodon and it's broke 60% of the time...

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I've used it on TC1 (the gargoyle throwing weapon version) to do the Publish 92 quest chain... come to think of it I only used to speed up killing the T-Rex.

it seemed to work every hit, but the damage range was huge due to me needing to use consecrate weapon, with 70.0 chivalry. which is NOT a 100% proc to hit the weakest resist.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The velocity negates the slayer... what good is a Eodon slayer weapon, when 60% of the time the velocity hits?
There was a point (it may still be like this, not sure) but all hitspells caused the "slayer" bonus to not be applied. I Think this has been fixed, but velocity does cause it to happen still...

Normally I do not use hit-spell weapons in pvm.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There was a point (it may still be like this, not sure) but all hitspells caused the "slayer" bonus to not be applied. I Think this has been fixed, but velocity does cause it to happen still...

Normally I do not use hit-spell weapons in pvm.
Like I said.. why give us an Eodon slayer that is broke 60% of the time.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Kyronix Mages need an Eodon slayer... Maybe transform the Eodon Tribe slayer into one? Since it is suddenly significantly less useful now that they're blue...

And shouldn't the T-Rex be vulnerable to dino slayer?

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I would be very happy to get a bow for archery special moves, I find it wrong, the only Eodon slayer bow without need for 50+ Bushido or Ninjitsu skill to use special moves

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The velocity negates the slayer... what good is a Eodon slayer weapon, when 60% of the time the velocity hits?
This is an existing issue in the system that goes beyond just the hit slayer on this particular item (basically any hit-proc). We hope to fix it in a future publish.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This is an existing issue in the system that goes beyond just the hit slayer on this particular item (basically any hit-proc). We hope to fix it in a future publish.
How about just taking the hit velocity off this weapon? Bump up the mana leech or something. Even if its only on ones that drop going forward, at lease we could get one that works with the slayer... Would seem easier than overhauling an entire system (at least in the short term).

Edit: just wanted to add a thank you for responding! Even when we players complain, we REALLY do appreciate answers to questions.

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree, remove it and bump up the Mana Leech would be a great improvement (oh and make it retro because I have on already ;)