• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Question about sextants

Alira Drakrul

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I hadn't used one in a few years, but I'm using one now to grab coordinates for an informational page for some rp establishments. So when I click it, I get one set of coordinates which is like it used to be and ANOTHER set of coordinates that are not familiar. Does anyone know what the other set is? I don't think it's my UOAM as it still only takes the traditional set.

Example: 70o 35'N, 37o 45'W (this one is like I remembered lat/long)

"You are at: w1, 786, 821, 0" (this is unfamiliar and right after the first set)

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Professional
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
not seen this before, probably some new coordination system that hasn't been implemented yet.

Piotr

Stratic's Finest
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Awards
The w# shows which facet you're on. The numbers are the coordinates you get in e.g. UO- AutoMap and the 0 is your position on the Z-axis.

w0 = Felucca
w1 = Trammel
w2 = Ilshenar
w3 = Malas
w4 = Tokuno
w5 = Ter Mur and Eodon

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Z-axis being height, for those un-savvy people like me.

speaking of height, does anyone know if that game tracks you below 0?
as in ground level is 0, when you go down into a dungeon does it actually show -numbers ??

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Z-axis being height, for those un-savvy people like me.

as in ground level is 0, when you go down into a dungeon does it actually show -numbers ??
Dungeons are the same level as the rest of the game.
The maps are in different areas as shown in UO-AutoMap or UO-Cartographer.

Lord Obsidian

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Dungeons are the same level as the rest of the game.
This... the UO earth is flat! :eek:

yes, your height can be any value from -128 to 127. In Tram / Felu, the flat areas adjacent to the sea are usually 0, with sea level at -5. Example for a very low spot is the Trammel Nightmare spawn area within the Terathan Keep: around -120.

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the second set is your X,Y,Z cords
when you use UOAM and want to plot a course those are what should be in the box before you enter the long and lat.