• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Can you start another account without it being a trial account?

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Who wants a trial account when you're starting another account to place a house? But I don't see another way. Is there?

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I could not find it anywhere, you use to be able to. As I said before you may have to contact The Dark Lady and ask them directly.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I would rather see this as a simple option anybody could choose - but first checking to make sure it's not already possible

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
And this is why we dont have new players. Or, this is one of the many reasons...hell when even the current players can't figure it out, what chance does a total stranger have?

King Greg

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Have to purchase the Stygian Abyss New Account + 30 Day code from origin, and then follow the instructions. It is however much much much easier to just open a new trial and add 30 days and the stygian abyss upgrade. And you get the 14 days from the trial for the price difference between the two.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
upload_2016-3-17_20-14-52.png

This??

DOH the King beat me too it ;) lol

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And this is why we dont have new players. Or, this is one of the many reasons...hell when even the current players can't figure it out, what chance does a total stranger have?
What new player is looking for the "PAY IMMEDIATELY!" versus "Play for free to try it a bit" option again?

Gamer_Goblin

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Have to purchase the Stygian Abyss New Account + 30 Day code from origin, and then follow the instructions. It is however much much much easier to just open a new trial and add 30 days and the stygian abyss upgrade. And you get the 14 days from the trial for the price difference between the two.
And more expensive and a common mistake.

If you plan to play and already know you're going past the trial it's just money saving to buy the right item on the store and NOT create a trial account.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Again, I'm talking about creating a new account to place another house. I've never bought the SA upgrade just to create a house holder. Why would I spend $30 for features I'll never use? My house holder is never going out of the house, might not even ever log in again after he makes my active characters co-owners.
The question is if I can create a regular account - without the extra cost and unneeded features of the SA upgrade - without first creating a trial account. Since a trial account can't place a house, why bother with it in the first place (especially since last time I tried to convert a trial account to a regular account it stayed a trial account for another 24 hours after I applied the game code, so I still couldn't place the house)?
So we're saying the only way to avoid the bother of going through a trial account is to pay $30 for features you don't need? That you can hit a button on the account management page to create a trial account - which an active player on the account management page has no need for - but there is no simple way on that page to create a regular account? And this illogical move is probably left there intentionally to try to get you to pay an extra $30?
What do you professionals like @AtlanticRealtor do?

Gamer_Goblin

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Again, I'm talking about creating a new account to place another house. I've never bought the SA upgrade just to create a house holder. Why would I spend $30 for features I'll never use? My house holder is never going out of the house, might not even ever log in again after he makes my active characters co-owners.
The question is if I can create a regular account - without the extra cost and unneeded features of the SA upgrade - without first creating a trial account. Since a trial account can't place a house, why bother with it in the first place (especially since last time I tried to convert a trial account to a regular account it stayed a trial account for another 24 hours after I applied the game code, so I still couldn't place the house)?
So we're saying the only way to avoid the bother of going through a trial account is to pay $30 for features you don't need? That you can hit a button on the account management page to create a trial account - which an active player on the account management page has no need for - but there is no simple way on that page to create a regular account? And this illogical move is probably left there intentionally to try to get you to pay an extra $30?
What do you professionals like @AtlanticRealtor do?
No, you can create a trial account and pay a subscription. It will let you place a house.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Right, that's the way I'd always done it before - trial account then subscription with credit card. It was when I created a trial account and applied a game code that I ran into trouble. But then I asked, why am I creating a trial account in the first place when I know I don't want a trial account?
Oh, well, enough of this subscription and management stuff. I'm tired of it already.

Last edited:

Gamer_Goblin

Sage
Stratics Veteran
It's not that difficult of a concept to be honest.

There are issues with it, but when you have people complaining about this common sense stuff it clouds the real issue.

Angel of Sonoma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
i thought once you started paying it was no longer considered a trial account. is this no longer the case?

what about accounts that are opened using a 'new account code' from an old box? there was one box set that gave you 1 upgrade code and 10 new account codes. i think it might have been age of shadows. i have several of those. if you want one of the codes send me a PM and i'll give you one.

Gamer_Goblin

Sage
Stratics Veteran
i thought once you started paying it was no longer considered a trial account. is this no longer the case?

what about accounts that are opened using a 'new account code' from an old box? there was one box set that gave you 1 upgrade code and 10 new account codes. i think it might have been age of shadows. i have several of those. if you want one of the codes send me a PM and i'll give you one.
You just have to log out and back in... used to have to on WoW too, not sure anymore as I don't play it any longer.

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I still have CD-Keys (or account keys) or whatever they were called from all the expansions I bought. Rennisance, LBR, AoS, etc... (yeah I missed the beta and vanilla and started with T2A :p)
At least I think I still have them, since I still have all the boxes with all their contents stored somewhere in the basement. And I never used those codes. Those were the ones, with which you could create a new account and also gave you 30 days free.
I'm wondering, if they still work... lots can change in 18 years, but you never now ;)