• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Legendary Items,Runic Tools and crafting class

Necron87

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I want to pay attention on runics, Legendary this it was the good idea to refresh UO,but we again receive depreciation and relevance loss runics.Now without effort became possible to collect suit almost without imbuing and runics. Class craftsman to become not actual. A year ago barbed kits cost 3-3,5 mil, now 1,5 mil !!!! Won't be necessary to Runics soon at all ((( Whether are necessary now Runic kits or hammers to make Armors ? Of course not )Suit it is real to collect also many and collect only with legendary items. What sense to collect and do BODs on Runics,when it is simpler to find legendary items,for example with dex , int bonus , SI,MI ,LMC,MR,SR and resists more 18-20 each.The only direction which remained in crafting ,this LUCK,only because normal luck legendary cost very much. On the one hand it is good for ordinary players,but bad for Craftsmans. Resources become not necessary, such as leather,ingots,as become not necessary Runics,and BODs respectively. It to be pleasant to me crafting,required to put a lot of effort earlier that to receive cap resists and other properties,now it isn't required any more.Now is exist legendary items..... And that remains Craftsmans, make luck armors and weapons ? ) Reforging doesn't allow to compare itself with Legendary items,it is possible to them to make a piece similar on legendary,but resists won't be 22 23 19 18 20 ..... If usual runics still somewhere are necessary,for example, to make luck and weapons,that hight runics have replaced legendary items.
There has to be a choice and equality at all - or you the warior also find legendary items and you do to themselves armors,or you craftsman and make armors from those tools which you have, namely - imbuing,reforging,and it isn't worse, than from Legendary items.

Last edited:

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
frontier gibberish....................... but what OP said was that legendary artifacts have left his crafters high and dry
I'll take appropriate action immediately.

Tabin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
This might be the case with mage armor but not dexxers. They still wear crafted armor and use crafted weapons.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pretty much all of my suits are made up from legendary items these days. I only really imbue weapons as I find 80% of the weapons that drop are trash.

Necron87

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pretty much all of my suits are made up from legendary items these days. I only really imbue weapons as I find 80% of the weapons that drop are trash.
About it I also want to tell. Suits not crafting,and to collect from legendary items,if isn't enough capped properties,for dexxers make 1-2 pieces with imbunig or reforging. About work over resists I am silent,because they turn out it is more than 90-100 all. Look as have depreciated also have lost the relevance hight runics....

Last edited:

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UO has always run in cycles. Nerf crafting, make crafting powerful, nerf crafting, make crafting powerful.....rinse and repeat.

Since imbuing once again made crafters powerful there hasn't been a crafter nerf until the new loot system.

It was about due and in a year or 2 they'll prob somehow make crafting more powerful again. Don't sweat it just roll with the punchs. :)

Necron87

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Then it will be any more not runics )) Runics reforging,but not remove ) But I will agree with you - need legendary Runics,that reforging items with properties as at Legendary items )

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Luck and elemental weapons are what I see as the biggest uses for runics now days. And Acid Rain is right crafting is in a low spot atm but history shows us that will change in a while.

Tabin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Armor for dexxers half consists from Legendary items
In my perspective, this is a currently balanced. Half crafted and half legendary. If you want crafting to be way better, then people will complain that the loot sucks and farming for legendaries is a waste of time...

Dexer suit - half legendary half crafted
Luck suit - almost all crafted except for mempo of fortune
Mage suit - almost all legendary
PvM weapons - all crafted
PvP weapons - bows are typically crafted, anything else is loot with splintering weapon
Jewelry - typically half are imbued and half are legendary

Crafting is far from dead/under powered.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There needs to be legendary RUNICS that will remove a curse off an item. They did state at one point there would be a way to remove a cursed property but it would be costly!
5-100m per use This would be an effective gold sink for people like me. (the price range should be reflected by how much gold is on the shard) Assuming with the current Currency Conversion, they are now able to track gold more accurately?

I do feel there has to be an absolute minimum/maximum price (in gold), and this should NOT be a consumable/item that could potentially be susceptible to duping.

People would xfer gold to remove negative properties on shards it may be cheaper, which would bring more gold to said shard thus increasing cost.... It could be a win-win, increasing population on less populated shards, while decreasing the total amount of gold in-game.

There's not much a problem with permanent items, Though I can see why the devs wouldn't want some things to last "forever" But, the point is, there is ALWAYS something that's better (loot-wise), though at times it may not seem like it would be feasible to find such an item, there's still a chance.
Getting more newer players and keeping them would be ideal for this to work most effectively.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
5-100m per use This would be an effective gold sink for people like me. (the price range should be reflected by how much gold is on the shard) Assuming with the current Currency Conversion, they are now able to track gold more accurately?

I do feel there has to be an absolute minimum/maximum price (in gold), and this should NOT be a consumable/item that could potentially be susceptible to duping.

People would xfer gold to remove negative properties on shards it may be cheaper, which would bring more gold to said shard thus increasing cost.... It could be a win-win, increasing population on less populated shards, while decreasing the total amount of gold in-game.

There's not much a problem with permanent items, Though I can see why the devs wouldn't want some things to last "forever" But, the point is, there is ALWAYS something that's better (loot-wise), though at times it may not seem like it would be feasible to find such an item, there's still a chance.
Getting more newer players and keeping them would be ideal for this to work most effectively.
Well with proper development there is always a new mob, a new skill, a new something that makes you ditch the old. So what if something lasts? Besides some folk have a bunch of characters. There are also always hopefully new players.

Necron87

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think that craftsman has to have an opportunity not depend from legendary items.

Last edited:

Crimson Hawk Moth

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Where are you guys getting all these "Legendries" I thought the only thing in the game that has a decent drop rate was exodus did something change ?

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
any major boss drops them...but you have to be able to farm them for hours to get good ones.....The roof....the Under Water Boss....Exodus,... harrow er.... all that can be soloed with work....or farmed repeatedly by a small group.

But regardless of what language the OP is speaking ( cause it sure isnt english) there is still a need for crafters. Even for suits...sure a couple legendary pieces makes it easier to make a lethal kickass suit....but not you still need a few pieces to tweak it

Crimson Hawk Moth

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I farm spawns, medusa, slasher ( some ), Stygian Dragon, Travesty, grizzle . I guess I just have not been very lucky. I remember patch notes about a year ago maybe... that indicated they nerfed the drop rates on everything except exodus so I just quit looking so much for them.