• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Holy Fist nerf overkill

ToyGift

Visitor
I was talking to my friends from Foo on atlantic (Blazing, pepsi, Steel, Wayne, Horizon) and we all agree @Kyronix @Bleak nerfed holyfist too hard. There should not be a cap of 35 damage, you should be able to do 40 damage if the person is cursed.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Holy fist is fine.

Of course the people who were using it are going to say it was nerfed to hard...

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
its probably too late now but i was thinking about this, maybe u need to a pure warrior to get major damage like the mages with spell damage. say u cant have any other mage skill, including no bush ninja or ect...
I always thought curse was the one that need adjustment and it lasts way too long. just my opinion.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was talking to my friends from Foo on atlantic (Blazing, pepsi, Steel, Wayne, Horizon) and we all agree @Kyronix @Bleak nerfed holyfist too hard. There should not be a cap of 35 damage, you should be able to do 40 damage if the person is cursed.
So you still want people doing close to 50 damage with it? Sure, it's possible to interrupt it now, but 4/6 chiv is still pretty fast. It's fine as it is now.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
5 people who pvp over everyone in here who doesn't pvp, ya I think we should listen to them.
I don't pvp? Huh? You clearly have no idea what you are talking about - name-dropping doesn't mean anything, fyi. None of the guys you named need a ridiculously OP Holy Fist to be able to pvp; yeah, they might use it, but they are just as capable of playing without it. I could ICQ two of them, link this thread, and I'd guess they'd have no idea who you are.

ToyGift

Visitor
I don't pvp? Huh? You clearly have no idea what you are talking about - name-dropping doesn't mean anything, fyi. None of the guys you named need a ridiculously OP Holy Fist to be able to pvp; yeah, they might use it, but they are just as capable of playing without it. I could ICQ two of them, link this thread, and I'd guess they'd have no idea who you are.
I know exactly what i am talking about and i don't consider you a pvper.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know exactly what i am talking about and i don't consider you a pvper.
No, you do not know what you are talking about. LOL. You're clearly just a random idiot. I fought with/against Horizon long before Holy Fist was a thing. He may have had a char on Atlantic that used it, but I know very well that he can play without it. Same with Blazing and Pepsi.

Let me ask you this. What part of pre-nerf Holy Fist WASN'T overpowered? You do understand that Holy Fist, even with the current damage cap, is still really good, right? I fought guys on both LS & Atl that were utter **** without ~50 dmg uninterruptable Holy Fist. The guys on Atl (I believe it was CHEM) had all died...then they came back with 4-5 Holy Fist chars. lololol.

It's quite obvious that you needed pre-nerf Holy Fist to be able to pvp. Run up with a precast Curse, Fist, Fist (neither of which could be interrupted), anything = dead player. You couldn't go on offense until the person ran out of mana. And that's assuming it was just ONE person using it. If you ran into more than one (which you ALWAYS would), your chance to die was 100%.

Here's an idea: Instead of complaining about it being underpowered now (which it isn't), maybe you should learn how to use it now that it isn't gamebreakingly OP. Oh wait. You can't do that, because you never pvp'd before people discovered how powerful it was.

ToyGift

Visitor
No, you do not know what you are talking about. LOL. You're clearly just a random idiot. I fought with/against Horizon long before Holy Fist was a thing. He may have had a char on Atlantic that used it, but I know very well that he can play without it. Same with Blazing and Pepsi.

Let me ask you this. What part of pre-nerf Holy Fist WASN'T overpowered? You do understand that Holy Fist, even with the current damage cap, is still really good, right? I fought guys on both LS & Atl that were utter **** without ~50 dmg uninterruptable Holy Fist. The guys on Atl (I believe it was CHEM) had all died...then they came back with 4-5 Holy Fist chars. lololol.

It's quite obvious that you needed pre-nerf Holy Fist to be able to pvp. Run up with a precast Curse, Fist, Fist (neither of which could be interrupted), anything = dead player. You couldn't go on offense until the person ran out of mana. And that's assuming it was just ONE person using it. If you ran into more than one (which you ALWAYS would), your chance to die was 100%.

Here's an idea: Instead of complaining about it being underpowered now (which it isn't), maybe you should learn how to use it now that it isn't gamebreakingly OP. Oh wait. You can't do that, because you never pvp'd before people discovered how powerful it was.
Now you are going to lie and say you pvp on Atlantic? Listen kid, i'm not asking for them to make it 50 damage and uninterruptible again, i'm simply asking for it to do at least 40 damage when cursed.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Now you are going to lie and say you pvp on Atlantic? Listen kid, i'm not asking for them to make it 50 damage and uninterruptible again, i'm simply asking for it to do at least 40 damage when cursed.
Who's lying? I don't pvp there regularly, but I do go over there on occasion.

Lythos-

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why should it? Armor ignore is capped at 35 cursed or not and it requires more skill points AND RNG. Fist requires 1 skill and a little karma. Your "majority" just needs to figure out 5 other skills to make solid kills.

You FotM pvpers irritate me.

ToyGift

Visitor
Why should it? Armor ignore is capped at 35 cursed or not and it requires more skill points AND RNG. Fist requires 1 skill and a little karma. Your "majority" just needs to figure out 5 other skills to make solid kills.

You FotM pvpers irritate me.
Are you serious? You don't need 120 wep and 120 tactics for a 35 armor ignore. Fist requires TWO skills at 120 and a lot of karma. Does anyone on this forum pvp??

Lythos-

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are you serious? You don't need 120 wep and 120 tactics for a 35 armor ignore. Fist requires TWO skills at 120 and a lot of karma. Does anyone on this forum pvp??
My apologies, I wasn't familiar with fister requirements. It's still a lame template no matter which way you try to spin it.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So you're going to continue to go with the "nobody on here pvp's" nonsense, when some of us quite clearly do? Get new material, kiddo. Chivalry is meant primarily as a defensive/support skill. 35 damage is fine considering what the skill is supposed to do...especially when you factor in that Chiv is capped at 4/6 casting.

Against a cursed target, a mage doesn't get dmg comparable to Fist unless they have SDI (which is easy to get, granted), and that's a 120 Eval Explosion.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
running around on OP flavor of the week gimp templates is not pvp
Clearly everyone who disagrees with him doesn't pvp.

Even those of us who have been doing it since late 90s early 2000...

I Actually PVP

Adventurer
I'll let my board name speak for itself.

I was talking to my friends in every other guild besides Foo, and we all agree that Holy Fist is fine as is (see what a great counter argument that is?).

Again, Icecast and Blazing already argued for this (and they actually brought arguments to back up their statements), even then, everyone else disagreed (shocking I know). It's a fast casting, can't miss armor ignore that can be chained pretty easily. Learn to time it and you can mesh it in with sync dumps.

Foo has much bigger things to worry about than Holy Fist, focus on getting Bane and Genesis to acknowledge you in fights (they're currently saying all their guildies are useless and causing them deaths).

/end thread.

PaithanTheElf

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is the least shocking thing I have ever heard coming from FOO.

Fist is still very useful if you know what you are doing. 35 damage is still too much for the cast speed if you ask me. It does as much as a mage with inscribe (40 sdi) and is a faster cast. And you need 340 skill points AND sdi on your suit to accomplish that.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's cute that you made a new username today for this.
Ya I was thinking the same thing....
What I dont understand is that if your point is truely valid, and has actual merits then why the need to play all username games.

For instance.....some people think I am a dink, others think I am a genius ( ok ok I am the only one that thinks that, but that isnt the point) but regardless when I create a post everyone knows it is me posting it.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Ya I was thinking the same thing....
What I dont understand is that if your point is truely valid, and has actual merits then why the need to play all username games.

For instance.....some people think I am a dink, others think I am a genius ( ok ok I am the only one that thinks that, but that isnt the point) but regardless when I create a post everyone knows it is me posting it.
I know right? I don't expect anyone to like or agree with what I'm saying but I have no problems taking ownership of what I am posting.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I really want to give him points for trying. But there is such a thing as trying too hard. So I'm just going to post this:
If the guy would have just presented differently, I could try to find some merit in his argument.

But instead what we got is "me and my five friends think this is overkill. And if you don't agree with us then you don't pvp."

Modoc

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
WOW this has become more like listening to the PvP BS in GC than reading Stratics.:hahaha: :dunce: :coco::fight::slap: