• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Quest to beat the Fountain with 10 person party

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why are you trying to do it with 10? 5 parties of 2 would work, or 2 parties of 3 and 2 parties of 2.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
It is something fun to do. I want to try and beat it with 10 people some time.
Try getting 3 or 4 people in your party using Pinco's UI and have them do nothing but stand there with the macro turned on for "scavenge all". This way they will pick up everything on the ground around them.. have them do nothing but that and have the builders hollar out what they need.... if the scavengers have picked them up they can drop them down for the builders. But the Scavengers need to quickly grab and dump any that the builders need but to clear they area for the builders they might accidentally pick up pieces already placed. I found this to be an issue when I was doing it with 4 people. You just have to hold those aside and drop them back down when you finish scavenging an area.

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Someone said you can use an axe to destroy the pieces as well. That seems like a better way than trying to pick them up.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Someone said you can use an axe to destroy the pieces as well. That seems like a better way than trying to pick them up.
Well I would never axe the straight ones. But yes you could probably.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Interesting challenge.

Similar to others, my experience has been that ever having more then 3 people in there will produce so much spawn that you get overrun quickly. In a group of 10, my guess is that you have to break up tasks (someone who just kills spawn, someone who is rezzing and healing others, someone who collects and builds for one side, someone who collects and builds for the other, etc.). I presume you're doing this without collecting canal pieces first, leaving the room and then entering a new room with a preset collection of canal pieces.

Anyway - best of luck!

Ox AO

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm positive I can do this. Is this still open?

Most I have done it with was six. Often do it with four of my own characters (by myself)

Last edited:

Ox AO

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You have until the patch in a couple weeks.
I could use a hand. I can't run 10 characters.
you got characters on Napa? I'm set there and maybe sonoma.
You have to be a mystic spellweaver or just take the video and I will do the placement.

Last edited:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I could use a hand. I can't run 10 characters.
you got characters on Napa? I'm set there and maybe sonoma.
You have to be a mystic spellweaver or just take the video and I will do the placement.
Ox I have a Tamer on Napa if you want help trying to do it... I can video I think...

Ox AO

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ox I have a Tamer on Napa if you want help trying to do it... I can video I think...
We can give it a try. for this I might want to make one more mystic in case one dies.
When is this patch coming?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
We can give it a try. for this I might want to make one more mystic in case one dies.
When is this patch coming?
No idea.... but I can't recall if I have a mystic tamer there or not.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Ever since the new patch - UWF kills Fountain with 10 people. Challenge completed.

King Greg

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The bet was for Pre Patch, sorry boys. Its not hard now :p the problem was before with a 10 man party the room would fill up faster than was even possible to kill and clear.