• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

bug on corgul island?

frostbolt

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
so I died at corgul's island but I cant leave the zone. whenever I get to the edge of the map it tells me that "we've stopped". How do I get out of here?

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Try to leave going a different direction... I'm not sure, never had that happen, don't know if being a ghost is related or not.

frostbolt

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Try to leave going a different direction... I'm not sure, never had that happen, don't know if being a ghost is related or not.
it doesn't let me leave in any direction. although like 1 hour later it let me out iono...

Lord Trollo

Adventurer
so I died at corgul's island but I cant leave the zone. whenever I get to the edge of the map it tells me that "we've stopped". How do I get out of here?
you are in purgatory. it happens when you die and lose at UO. it's different for everyone. for some it's like being trapped inside a continuous loop such as continuously traveling east and seeing the same sights repeatedly. a different example is being unable to find one's way out of the buc's tunnels no matter how far your have explored/ backtracked. for other's it's like being forced to do sleeping dragon over and over and over while being forced to stay awake. your hell is apparently being stuck at a deserted island with no ability to leave. mine is atl event storylines.

good luck

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Be careful with your boat. Something very similar happened to me and after I took my boat out of the water, I was permanently unable to place my boat back in the water.

I had GM's come and even Messana, and the only way we found to correct the issue was to transfer off the shard.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
you are in purgatory. it happens when you die and lose at UO. it's different for everyone. for some it's like being trapped inside a continuous loop such as continuously traveling east and seeing the same sights repeatedly. a different example is being unable to find one's way out of the buc's tunnels no matter how far your have explored/ backtracked. for other's it's like being forced to do sleeping dragon over and over and over while being forced to stay awake. your hell is apparently being stuck at a deserted island with no ability to leave. mine is atl event storylines.

good luck
Lol!

I love it, awesome post.

Mr. Smither1

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a char who can't place a boat because of corgul, I have had 2 GM "fix" me and the char can place a boat then the next day same issue can't place a boat again(thinks I already have a boat in the water).

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have a char who can't place a boat because of corgul, I have had 2 GM "fix" me and the char can place a boat then the next day same issue can't place a boat again(thinks I already have a boat in the water).
It was the same with me. GM/Messana would "fix" me, but as soon as I crossed a server line the problem came back. Transfer off the shard and then come back... expensive fix, but that is how I resolved mine.

Crimson Hawk Moth

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
x . x I just read this and wanted to make sure I am understanding correctly. Your characters got bugged and GM/DEV team told you to transfer off and on to the shard to fix it, out of your pocket expense ? Why are monthly subs charged for this game again ?

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
x . x I just read this and wanted to make sure I am understanding correctly. Your characters got bugged and GM/DEV team told you to transfer off and on to the shard to fix it, out of your pocket expense ? Why are monthly subs charged for this game again ?
Someplace behind the scenes there is a bit of code that is tied to a unique boat id (or at least that was my interpretation). When you put a boat in the water, that "field" gets populated and when you take the boat out it gets cleared. I spent more than a month bugged calling GMs. They would come "clear" my field but the problem would come back. Tried lots of different scenarios to see if it would "reset" like putting boats in the water and sailing across server lines, etc. But ultimately as soon as I crossed a server line without a boat in the water I was bugged again. My gut said that a ghost image of my boat somehow got stuck in that Corgul encounter, but how the heck do you check that??

The transfer idea was mine after everything else failed. If you find yourself in a similar situation, I recommend contacting Messana. She was aware of my issue and participated in helping me. Perhaps they have sorted out a better way to resolve it without the need to transfer. But if you have shard shields (I don't) and don't feel like waiting, transferring shards was what ended up resolving it for me.