• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

A little ways to go Community

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Hi All,

With Payday right around the corner I thought I would throw this out there.

We almost have the minor monthly running fees for the site covered. Thanks for all who have dropped a few dollars in the till.

If we had 9 more at $5 Stratics would be good for the month. Plus you get a fancy Supporter Banner

Let's see if we can wrap this up this weekend. :)

Click Here to View Goal

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
We are now only $15 away from the goal! There have been 8 total donors so far, thank you all so much! :)

Also just so everyone knows, the blue Supporter banner that is a reward from donating to this has a 31 day timer, so to keep it long-term a person would have to donate at least $5 each month.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Does Stratics need $100 every month? What happened to the revenue generated from the ads shown on Stratics? Are Shroud of the Avatar, Shards Online and EVE going to be asked to donate or is UO going to be the only ones being asked?

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Does Stratics need $100 every month? What happened to the revenue generated from the ads shown on Stratics? Are Shroud of the Avatar, Shards Online and EVE going to be asked to donate or is UO going to be the only ones being asked?
None of those games compare to the amount of activity we have on the UO based forums. This isn't about comparing amounts of contributions by game.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
None of those games compare to the amount of activity we have on the UO based forums. This isn't about comparing amounts of contributions by game.
I was asking if those sites were going to be asked if they would be willing to help also. There should be no reason for them not to be asked no matter what the population is compared to UO.

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I was asking if those sites were going to be asked if they would be willing to help also. There should be no reason for them not to be asked no matter what the population is compared to UO.
The donation button is on the main page and accessible and visible to ALL communities.

It should be noted, however, that:

1. The overwhelming majority of Stratics resources and work is dedicated to Ultima Online. This has been stated both in the campaign and directly to representatives of the other communities mentioned.

and

2. Some campaign contributions DID come from other communities.

Donations are completely optional. We were asked by multiple community members to reinstate a way to give to the site, and have done so.

As promised in the campaign, any and all money above operational costs will go directly back into the site and the community in some form or fashion. Thank you all for your generosity and continued support!

hen

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If the ads aren't paying for the running costs, then you are doing it wrong. How about asking Ron Bron for a contribution?

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you paid 20 Bucks instead of 5, could you make the supporter-ribbon last 4 months instead of one? Please! I am paying only for increasing my ribbon -count, ya know! And I will never look as fancy as Capt. Norrington does *cries*

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
I think it's possible to set up a subscription type situation where you could sign up to be a supporter and contribute x every month.

Staff will have to check that out.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
so are ....Are Shroud of the Avatar, Shards Online and EVE ...pretty much dead in the water???

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
so are ....Are Shroud of the Avatar, Shards Online and EVE ...pretty much dead in the water???
The Shroud of the Avatar forum on Stratics actually has a pretty decent sized community, they just don't post as much as the UO side. There are about 30ish SotA people who check the site. @Envy is a SotA player who joined Stratics Staff and has been growing that community.

Shards Online, has the developers plus 2-3 people in their forum. Since Shards Online has all their players sign a non-disclosure agreement when they make their account it is pretty difficult to get a discussion started about that game here, since people can't talk about a lot of things. Once the NDA is lifted that forum should become a bit more active.

EVE has about 5 people in their forum, and since none of the current staff play EVE we are at a disadvantage there. We are hoping an EVE person volunteers to join the staff to grow that community but so far no one has seemed interested in filling that role.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
If you paid 20 Bucks instead of 5, could you make the supporter-ribbon last 4 months instead of one? Please! I am paying only for increasing my ribbon -count, ya know! And I will never look as fancy as Capt. Norrington does *cries*

@Riyana is the one in charge of Ribbons, that would be up to her. I'm not sure if it's possible or not, the system might not allow it, but I agree if someone donated more than the minimum needed to get the banner they should be given credit for that and keep the banner for however long their original donation qualifies them for it.

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
If the ads aren't paying for the running costs, then you are doing it wrong. How about asking Ron Bron for a contribution?
I'm going to step in here and defend Stratics on this as a multi-site owner.

Ads do not pay as well as they did 5 years ago much less 10 years ago. You have to be getting 10000+ unique hits to your site daily in order for it to pay for the running costs of the site.

They aren't doing it wrong.

Server costs, forum costs, plugin costs, licensing costs etc., all cost money. I have ads on UOHomeDecor. It doesn't even come close to paying for a month of service each month.