• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Voice Chat / VOIP

Render88Ti

Visitor
Hi All,
Sorry if this is an old topic, I just started playing a few weeks ago.

If there was ever a game that would benefit from a Voice chat system, this is it.
I have been playing with my brother who is a long time player and its brutal for him to communicate any complex moves or instructions. Many times we call each other during the game to clear up what we are trying to do.

I play MWO... they have a built in VOIP system that works great. Any word on getting a Voice chat system for UO?

Thanks

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We have a server TS in GW2. Anybody on the JQ server can access it. UO servers should do the same thing. You get way better community action.

If I remember Stratics used to have a TS server for the community to use. Not sure if new ownership has it still.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Try the new FREE Discord. It's really awesome and developed by GAMERS for GAMERS. I HIGHLY recommend it.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yep I use Teamspeak and find it far better than vent.

Peekay

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Mumble (Reliable, not user friendly vs other click and play VoIP services)
Raidcall (Garbage)
Skype (Meh)
Ventrilo (What most UO communities run)
Dolby Axon (Garbage)
TeamSpeak 2
TeamSpeak 3
Curse Voice (Garbage)
Discord (Garbage)

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
the chat programs are the best way to help people that are new, returning or established players. there is so much to know, tips, important info that people should know. I also hate typing lol. it could good for uo staff to help with account fixes, bug reports, reporting illegal activity, ect... email is a poor way to exchange information.

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Try the new FREE Discord. It's really awesome and developed by GAMERS for GAMERS. I HIGHLY recommend it.
Discord (Garbage)
Just curious why you'd say Discord is garbage? Just spent the last hour reading up on it
(several reddit threads, various reviews, their entire ToS & privacy section, etc,...) and it looked pretty good.

I haven't tried it yet but I didn't see any glaring problems other than no hosting. For me that's not a problem.
I currently use Vent like most players.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Just curious why you'd say Discord is garbage? Just spent the last hour reading up on it
(several reddit threads, various reviews, their entire ToS & privacy section, etc,...) and it looked pretty good.

I haven't tried it yet but I didn't see glaring problems other than no hosting. For me that's not a problem.
I currently use Vent like most players.
I've been using it with some folk for awhile now and it's like having ICQ and Vent all rolled into one.... I LOVE It.

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've been using it with some folk for awhile now and it's like having ICQ and Vent all rolled into one.... I LOVE It.
Yup, I'm thinking of dling it on my gaming unit right now. I'd love to hear any cons on it as it seemed like a decent startup voip alternative.

*EDIT* @MalagAste are you running an exclusive MalagAste forum reply bot? Your so damn fast ! :D

Last edited:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
LOL No I was in getting ready to leave for work .. but need to kill a few min mode.

But now I'm at work so ..... responses will be sporadic.