• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Dev's are sick maniacal bastards!

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Dev's are sick maniacal bastards, ya gotta love their sneaky ways!

last night myself and a guild mate where doing the new Eoden quest chain and we where on our last of the 5 chain quests in mining the volcano.
after a couple run in - mine - run back to the the safe area runs i got the brain storm.... why dont i just teleport over the lava as it comes towards me?
makes total sense to me!
why didnt i think of this before, would save myself a LOT of running and such.
so lava comes and i teleport over it to the other side and start mining again, massive smile proudly displayed on my face for out thinking the silly Dev's.
guild mate notices and comments in TS how smart i am.
so next lava wave comes, we both teleport over it and laugh at how smart we are.

3rd lava wave comes down the pipe and we are chortling to ourselves as we teleport over the wave together and then all of a sudden all hell breaks loose!!!!!
the lava stops and EXPLODES! waves shoot out from where we had teleporter from out in all directions, wave after wave after wave, screen is a disco ball kaleidoscope of flashing lights and lava.... and monochrome.

so that was interesting.
i smiled because i knew somewhere at 4am some dev awoke from his dream and he knew.... he knew his trap had suckered in some poor soul.... and he smiled and rolled over and went back to dreaming of eating kittens.

not to be detoured i figured that was a one off.
maybe every 10th lava run it did that.
so i run and res up with the guild mate.
we come back, he dosnt want to temp fate again and goes back to running running running.
not me, oh no, i will not give up my new found teleporting fun.

next lava wave comes down i teleport over it and laugh in the face of the gods.... and the lava hits the wall and instead of going down the hallway (like it always does!) it rebounds and comes back AFTER ME!

so, there i am running out in monochrome once again....

i tip my hat to you Dev's.
you had the foresight to see what we would do and put in a fix that was beautiful in its evilness.
i love it!

Dev's 1 : Poo 0 (for now)

Peekay

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
chortling
this is my new favorite word.
REVEL IN IT'S GREATNESS, ALL THOSE WHO COME BEFORE THE WORD OF APOCALYPTIC DOOM. FOR NONE OF YOU SHALL KNOW TRUE FEAR UNTIL THE GUARDIAN HAS CHORTLED HIS LAST INDEFINITE CHORTLE, RELEASING THE HOUNDS OF DOOM TO CHORTLE AT YOUR DEMISE.

yeah i dunno but I rly like this word.

edit: because pokemon

wartortle chortles.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The elementals down there have the same goodie loot as the renowned fire elemental of the Abyss, so be sure to loot and look for your
jade war axe
and
token of holy favor.

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I thought it was to easy at first. My warrior with 150 hit points & in all 75 resists armor can eat the lava waves with no problem.:thumbup1:
I laughed while I watched everyone running like skeered school children.:lick:

I was the only person in the main lava area when it lite up like a 4th of July fireworks show.:eek2:
I too thought some Dev or GM was loling hysterically, watching this over confident player get totally pwned.:gee::owned:
I'm wondering if they have it set on a hotkey for them to simply F1 kill everyone at anytime they want.:ohsnap:

Last edited:

Cymidei

UO Pacific News Reporter
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Supporter
I want to try this now, thanks!! You should get an achievement like World of Warcraft's "I stood in the fire" :)

I am sure the DEV's do have a hotkey to kill anyone they want anytime they want...or something like the Punishmental script for Minecraft servers...now that is a fun one. On command a server GM can flood someone's screen with spam, cause monsters or annoying NPCs to follow them, turn anything they touch into lava, encase them in glass so they can't move, drop them off the edge of the world...or my personal favorite, turn them into a potato. Once they are a potato, you can pick them up, boil'em, mash'em, and put em' in a stew. Now if only the EM's had such powers imagine how pleasant your next event would be! Kal Vas Potato! Would you like some spuds to go with that spam?

Last edited:

Modoc

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I want to try this now, thanks!! You should get an achievement like World of Warcraft's "I stood in the fire" :)

I am sure the DEV's do have a hotkey to kill anyone they want anytime they want...or something like the Punishmental script for Minecraft servers...now that is a fun one. On command a server GM can flood someone's screen with spam, cause monsters or annoying NPCs to follow them, turn anything they touch into lava, encase them in glass so they can't move, drop them off the edge of the world...or my personal favorite, turn them into a potato. Once they are a potato, you can pick them up, boil'em, mash'em, and put em' in a stew. Now if only the EM's had such powers imagine how pleasant your next event would be! Kal Vas Potato! Would you like some spuds to go with that spam?
Roger That, What She Said !!! ,,,Ummmm Potato Soup

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
This quest is actually pretty fun....other then having to have 548695036578540 shovels :/ I went through about 40 standard 50 use shovels before I completed my first quest....that's kinda insane! But I love the system...very cool stuff Devs!

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah, I love the quests too. So far I've gotten (in order) the Lava Rock stand, the banana horde deed and a tiger cub statuette. The lava rock quest can either be easy or a major pita depending on how much love the RNG shows you. I went through 6 shovels before I got my first lava rock the last time I did the quest. Time before that I got all 5 just using 4 shovels.

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Poo you little imp.... you had to test the gods... and gods won...
The Dev are catching on to player mind sets...
No longer will the simple be simple...

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
you guys wanna hear about evil?
we just finished doing a run.
last one again was the lava.
its 3am, im feeling silly.
i got done before my guild-mate and i was running with him and killing spawn and such so he could concentrate on mining.
i got bored.
so i went off screen and precast wall of stone....... hehehehe!

lava comes, as always we leave it to the last possible moment to book it for the safety of the pod and i dropped a stone wall behind myself trapping him outside the safety of the pod area.

in team speak i tell him..... "there can be only one!"

gahd it was funny!

ioelis

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Dev's are sick maniacal bastards, ya gotta love their sneaky ways!

last night myself and a guild mate where doing the new Eoden quest chain and we where on our last of the 5 chain quests in mining the volcano.
after a couple run in - mine - run back to the the safe area runs i got the brain storm.... why dont i just teleport over the lava as it comes towards me?
makes total sense to me!
why didnt i think of this before, would save myself a LOT of running and such.
so lava comes and i teleport over it to the other side and start mining again, massive smile proudly displayed on my face for out thinking the silly Dev's.
guild mate notices and comments in TS how smart i am.
so next lava wave comes, we both teleport over it and laugh at how smart we are.

3rd lava wave comes down the pipe and we are chortling to ourselves as we teleport over the wave together and then all of a sudden all hell breaks loose!!!!!
the lava stops and EXPLODES! waves shoot out from where we had teleporter from out in all directions, wave after wave after wave, screen is a disco ball kaleidoscope of flashing lights and lava.... and monochrome.

so that was interesting.
i smiled because i knew somewhere at 4am some dev awoke from his dream and he knew.... he knew his trap had suckered in some poor soul.... and he smiled and rolled over and went back to dreaming of eating kittens.

not to be detoured i figured that was a one off.
maybe every 10th lava run it did that.
so i run and res up with the guild mate.
we come back, he dosnt want to temp fate again and goes back to running running running.
not me, oh no, i will not give up my new found teleporting fun.

next lava wave comes down i teleport over it and laugh in the face of the gods.... and the lava hits the wall and instead of going down the hallway (like it always does!) it rebounds and comes back AFTER ME!

so, there i am running out in monochrome once again....

i tip my hat to you Dev's.
you had the foresight to see what we would do and put in a fix that was beautiful in its evilness.
i love it!

Dev's 1 : Poo 0 (for now)
try having both peace masteries up ... can stand the waves

Corwyn

Lake Superior Tabloid Journalist
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
you guys wanna hear about evil?
we just finished doing a run.
last one again was the lava.
its 3am, im feeling silly.
i got done before my guild-mate and i was running with him and killing spawn and such so he could concentrate on mining.
i got bored.
so i went off screen and precast wall of stone....... hehehehe!

lava comes, as always we leave it to the last possible moment to book it for the safety of the pod and i dropped a stone wall behind myself trapping him outside the safety of the pod area.

in team speak i tell him..... "there can be only one!"

gahd it was funny!
That is pure awesomeness!

P.S. Does anyone else get the biggest kick out of watching someone else (or even themselves) die in the game?

Mama Faith

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is one of the best posts I've seen on UHall in quite a while. I chuckled through the whole thread. Poo is definitely a player I would love to play with because of his twisted sense of humor! Thank you for the Friday laugh.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
This is one of the best posts I've seen on UHall in quite a while. I chuckled through the whole thread. Poo is definitely a player I would love to play with because of his twisted sense of humor! Thank you for the Friday laugh.
its all fun until your the person im wall of stoning!

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Am I the only one who wants a UO surfboard? :D