• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Problem with uoassist

Tamais

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
yesterday uoassist ran two updates. Norton quickly deleted the program. Redown loaded it and norton approved it. Program updated and norton deleated it again. Third time finally it left it alone. Today it deleted it again. Has any one else had this problem? Please don't turn this into a cc vs ec debate. I play both but books in ec are still user unfriendly.

Lord Trollo

Adventurer
yesterday uoassist ran two updates. Norton quickly deleted the program. Redown loaded it and norton approved it. Program updated and norton deleated it again. Third time finally it left it alone. Today it deleted it again. Has any one else had this problem? Please don't turn this into a cc vs ec debate. I play both but books in ec are still user unfriendly.
there should be an exception list somewhere in your norton antivirus to allow uoa to pass through. the permanent fix however is to get a better antivirus. it zergs your computer to death and hogs resources like the crappy pvp guilds of Lake Superior

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I use Norton and whenever UOAssist updates it spots it and up pops a gump with options which includes one to allow the change. I select that and have never had a problem.

Tamais

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Thank all, i thought it might be norton al so. That program has gotten unfriendly with windows 10. Couldn't even find exceptions. I also get the gump to accept the change click yes , yetas soon as it loads the update its gone. Grabbed a free program. Redown loaded the assit and it worked. Made sure assis was in exceptions. Turn it off to cook dinner, came back uoassit did another update. (Which is strange) And new program deleted it again. Have the feeling it is some thing with that update. Anyone updating every time you open the program?

Piotr

Stratic's Finest
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Awards
I can highly recommend Avira Antivirus. I've used it for more than a decade and never had any problems. :smile2:

Beldin Brightaxe

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had a problem with Windows Defender a couple of weeks ago. It kept flagging my client.exe file. All I had to do was tell Defender that the file was okay.

Tamais

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
"I can highly recommend Avira Antivirus. I've used it for more than a decade and never had any problems" that was one of the ones I was looking at. now that I have a recommendation. I'll download it. good bye Norton
thanks again for all the suggestions :)

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I run Windows 10 and Nortons. When I get an update, I just go to where it flagged it and tell it to trust it and it works fine. You get what you pay for, and since those free antivirus programs also have paid versions, I am sure that you are not getting all of the current updates and safety measures that you would with a paid version.