• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Crafting Question

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Quick question. When crafting elemental weapons is it possible to turn them to a 100% elemental damage from say 90 using enhance?

I had a fire katana that I enhanced from 60 or 70% fire using bronze, and it showed the color of the katana like it was 100% fire damage, but the base damage didn't change off of 70% fire and 30% physical.

So I tried the same thing with poison katanas ranging from 60 - 70 poison, but didn't do the same thing when enhancing with verite (supposedly adds 40% poison when enhancing).

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You're able to enhance 60%+ fire to 100% fire with bronze. You might just need to pick the item up and drop it again. sometimes it won't display the property from enhancing right away.

Verite adds energy & poison damage types but adds the energy damage before poison so 100% poison damage isn't possible through enhancing.

Fire 60%+ enhance with Bronze = 100% fire damage
Cold 70%+ enhance with Agapite = 100% Cold
Energy 80%+ enhance with verite = 100% energy Edit: this can also be done with Copper.

Last edited:

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
You're able to enhance 60%+ fire to 100% fire with bronze. You might just need to pick the item up and drop it again. sometimes it won't display the property from enhancing right away.

Verite adds energy & poison damage types but adds the energy damage before poison so 100% poison damage isn't possible through enhancing.

Fire 60%+ enhance with Bronze = 100% fire damage
Cold 70%+ enhance with Agapite = 100% Cold
Energy 80%+ enhance with verite = 100% energy Edit: this can also be done with Copper.
You're right I had to move it before it updated. The fire one now shows 100%.

And it doesn't appear anything will let you enhance poison to 100% in this case, which kind of sucks but not a huge deal.

I tried crafting 100% by reforging but was few and far between using the bronze runic with 3 charged.

I actually got a clean 15 Mage weapon and only one 100% poison weapon when reforging with quality

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You're right I had to move it before it updated. The fire one now shows 100%.

And it doesn't appear anything will let you enhance poison to 100% in this case, which kind of sucks but not a huge deal.

I tried crafting 100% by reforging but was few and far between using the bronze runic with 3 charged.

I actually got a clean 15 Mage weapon and only one 100% poison weapon when reforging with quality
Ever use dc hammer with everything down to inspired artifice? You get 2-3 elemental weapons per 100 charges. granted they are durability 135 and brittle/no repair, however they are fairly easy and cheap to re-produce.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Ever use dc hammer with everything down to inspired artifice? You get 2-3 elemental weapons per 100 charges. granted they are durability 135 and brittle/no repair, however they are fairly easy and cheap to re-produce.
No I tried everything from copper to gold and got elemental weapons on bronze most frequent but very few were 100% poison sadly

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I use shadow hammers and oak runics to get my 100% elemental damage weapons This is the best way in my opinion to get them clean ( I use 4 charges per).
I throw out everything that isnt 100% after reforging...I prefer to enhance for other attributes...like SSI. But that is just my preference.
I just did a complete set of bows with 3 -90 use oak kits. I got 2 cold, 4 fire, 1 energy, 1 chaos, 1 poison.
Cold I use for demon and reptile slayers
Fire for Undead and Arachnid
Energy for Repond
Chaos for elemental
100% Physical for Fey

Hope this helps

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I use shadow hammers and oak runics to get my 100% elemental damage weapons This is the best way in my opinion to get them clean ( I use 4 charges per).
I throw out everything that isnt 100% after reforging...I prefer to enhance for other attributes...like SSI. But that is just my preference.
I just did a complete set of bows with 3 -90 use oak kits. I got 2 cold, 4 fire, 1 energy, 1 chaos, 1 poison.
Energy for Repond
Chaos for elemental
100% Physical for Fey

Hope this helps
The success rate for elemental damage on oaks and shadows are a bit lower, however you get non brittle/non cnr pieces which is nice.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Energy for Repond
Chaos for elemental
100% Physical for Fey

Hope this helps
It does, I'll take another stab at it when I get the chance using this set up.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
The success rate for elemental damage on oaks and shadows are a bit lower, however you get non brittle/non cnr pieces which is nice.
Yeah, the only one I did craft was non repairable using the four charges with a bronze hammer which was a little disappointing but served its purpose.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yeah, the only one I did craft was non repairable using the four charges with a bronze hammer which was a little disappointing but served its purpose.
Are you by chance on napa or atlantic? I can drop off a few for you. No charge.

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Confirming what others have said & adding some :

Reforging (metal) 100% weapons is quickly done using shadow runics. It can also be done using dull copper but may take slightly longer.
The benefit of using dull copper is usually less mods making them easier to imbue desired mods. Use 'Exquisite' for both hammers types.

Enhancing for 100% weapons using ore types, keep in mind doing this will only change physical damage not pre-existing elemental damage :

Shadow ore turns 20% physical into cold
Copper ore turns 20% physical into energy
Bronze ore turns 40% physical into fire
Agapite ore turns 30% physical into cold
Verite ore turns 20% physical into energy
Valorite ore turns 20% physical into cold

I tested this years ago (+10), long before imbuing was introduced and it has not changed.
**Note** Immediately after enhancing, weapons sometimes initially will appear unchanged but this is just a glitch and once moved or armed the weapons will show their true %.

Last edited:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
agreed but if you are first starting out....it can be confusing as heck!!
I've looked at that 100 times and it still makes zero sense to me... never understood reforging probably never will.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I've looked at that 100 times and it still makes zero sense to me... never understood reforging probably never will.
I usually use UOguide for their reforging menu which is simple to follow.

I haven't seen the one listed above before and really all I see are random numbers

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
agreed but if you are first starting out....it can be confusing as heck!!
Honestly I never realized that. I think semmerset and I layout our excel sheets the same way however now that you mention it I can see how it could be a bit confusing. Never knew uoguide hade a reforging guide. Going to have to check that out!!

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I usually use UOguide for their reforging menu which is simple to follow.

I haven't seen the one listed above before and really all I see are random numbers
I never looked at UOGuides .... i might have to... but your right all this one is to me is a bunch of numbers... really makes zero sense to me.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know imbuing, I know reforging, and I know spreadsheets and I find it confusing....not surprised others cant follow it at all. UO guide is a great go to resource....this spreadsheet is more about what is possible to achieve.
I tip my hat to the creator....he logged many many hours figuring it all out

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I know imbuing, I know reforging, and I know spreadsheets and I find it confusing....not surprised others cant follow it at all. UO guide is a great go to resource....this spreadsheet is more about what is possible to achieve.
I tip my hat to the creator....he logged many many hours figuring it all out
It took me a bit to get the spreadsheet but then I realized the numbers are the mod number you get on the item.

So for HP regen if you reforge with a dull copper hammer and nothing selected, you can get 2 hp regen.