• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Vendor searching by shop name ?

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I was , for some reason, under the impression that this was doable. But it appears to not be. Can Vendor Search be updated to include words from the "description" that we're prompted to enter when placing an item for sale ? What I mean is, I have a small moongate shop named Lighthouse Productions. If I place say, an MiB on there for 10000 Lighthouse Productions and hit enter, we all know how it works. Why can't someone type in Lighthouse Productions in the search and then come back with a list of everything with that description ? I know, it can be easily manipulated by someone elses shop by simply using the same names, but maybe someone can come up with a better way ? On a small shard like Siege, yeah it's probably not a needed change. IDK, this may just be a bad idea period, just something I was thinking about.

Thanks for reading

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I can't think of a reason why this would be necessary.

People shop by the lowest price and if they prefer a certain vendor they should mark a rune.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I can't think of a reason why this would be necessary.

People shop by the lowest price and if they prefer a certain vendor they should mark a rune.
Yeah I hear what you're saying. On Atl it wouldn't be needed I suppose. But on smaller shards, it would be nice to be able to say in GC, Hey just restocked my shop, just type in "yada yada" and take a look. Yes people can mark a rune , or in my case just pop out of the gate. I Just thought it would be a nice addition. I don't understand what the Description is needed for anyway, unless it would be incorporated into the search engine/server.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Yeah I hear what you're saying. On Atl it wouldn't be needed I suppose. But on smaller shards, it would be nice to be able to say in GC, Hey just restocked my shop, just type in "yada yada" and take a look. Yes people can mark a rune , or in my case just pop out of the gate. I Just thought it would be a nice addition. I don't understand what the Description is needed for anyway, unless it would be incorporated into the search engine/server.
It'd make it more convenient I'm sure.

Donzer

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
isnt it sort of doable if you put a rune on your vendor with the shop name ? Wouldnt it then show up when you search for it ?

ioelis

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I was , for some reason, under the impression that this was doable. But it appears to not be. Can Vendor Search be updated to include words from the "description" that we're prompted to enter when placing an item for sale ? What I mean is, I have a small moongate shop named Lighthouse Productions. If I place say, an MiB on there for 10000 Lighthouse Productions and hit enter, we all know how it works. Why can't someone type in Lighthouse Productions in the search and then come back with a list of everything with that description ? I know, it can be easily manipulated by someone elses shop by simply using the same names, but maybe someone can come up with a better way ? On a small shard like Siege, yeah it's probably not a needed change. IDK, this may just be a bad idea period, just something I was thinking about.

Thanks for reading
last i checked what your asking for is already a part of vendor search......

when i realized that vendor search was not catching 'cards of semidar', i added those words to the description of those i had for sale so that prospective buyers would be able to find them... it worked and to my knowledge it still works today...

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

If you add your shop name to the description of the item when you stock it, it should pick it up in search if you search for it. *smiles* Hope that helps

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If you add your shop name to the description of the item when you stock it, it should pick it up in search if you search for it. *smiles* Hope that helps
Hrm, I tried that at the time of my original post and it came back with nothing. Maybe it hadn't had time to update ?

Hannes Erich

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, but that depends on everybody following that guideline, which isn't likely.

I sort of kind of agree this would be a good addition to vendor search. They ought to add it if it doesn't take too much work.

Part of me still smirks at "surfing Amazon.com at home in my undies in a Medieval fantasy world", but that doesn't stop me from using it all the time like everyone else lol.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes, but that depends on everybody following that guideline, which isn't likely.

I sort of kind of agree this would be a good addition to vendor search. They ought to add it if it doesn't take too much work.

Part of me still smirks at "surfing Amazon.com at home in my undies in a Medieval fantasy world", but that doesn't stop me from using it all the time like everyone else lol.
I play primarily on Siege, where all we get is a nice map to look at and then we run or gate to the vendor location. I was on Atlantic and did a little shopping and was very envious of how easily it is to shop on production shards.

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hrm, I tried that at the time of my original post and it came back with nothing. Maybe it hadn't had time to update ?
Give it time to update. I know it works for me on Atl. Just to make sure, the description I'm talking about is the one you can add when you initially price an item on a vendor.