• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Bug in tailoring...?

mspossi

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello!
I have tried to make the new suits (there are four of each)...without any success because no matter how much the leather I have always says 'I have not enough leather' :(

Arroth Thaiel

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello!
I have tried to make the new suits (there are four of each)...without any success because no matter how much the leather I have always says 'I have not enough leather' :(
What "new suits" is it you are trying to make?

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If it's the new armor from Eodon, remember you have to have the recipes to make it.

Peekay

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Also, even if you dont have the recipe, it will still show up as a craftable item in the tailoring menus. Somewhere in the info of that item though it will say "Requires Recipe" or "You have this recipe". So even if it's in the tailoring menu, that doesn't mean you have the recipe and you must manually check.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If you're trying to make the dragon turtle armor it requires leather and scute. Scute comes from skinning the dragon turtle, but only the first person to attempt skinning the corpse will get any, which can make obtaining it rather annoying.

mspossi

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Did you select the leather and type? In the options when you start?
yes I scored the leather, and as I said no matter how much I have in my bag ... the message is the same

Last edited:

mspossi

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What "new suits" is it you are trying to make?
as I said with the leather material has two types of suit:
Tiger Pelt Leather Armor :
Tiger Pelt Chest
Tiger Pelt Leggings
Tiger Pelt Shots
Tiger Pelt Collar

Dragon Turtle Leather Armor:
Dragon Turtle Hide Chest
Dragon Turtle Hide Leggings
Dragon Turtle Hide Helm
Dragon Turtle Hide Arms

all used in making leather, or maybe are another type of leather...not documented:grin:

mspossi

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you're trying to make the dragon turtle armor it requires leather and scute. Scute comes from skinning the dragon turtle, but only the first person to attempt skinning the corpse will get any, which can make obtaining it rather annoying.
Lol I have all the materials for manufacturing:)

Barok

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Do the Tiger Pelt recipes require Tiger Pelts? (I can't check as I don't have any recipes yet)

Arroth Thaiel

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
as I said with the leather material has two types of suit:
Tiger Pelt Leather Armor :
Tiger Pelt Chest
Tiger Pelt Leggings
Tiger Pelt Shots
Tiger Pelt Collar

Dragon Turtle Leather Armor:
Dragon Turtle Hide Chest
Dragon Turtle Hide Leggings
Dragon Turtle Hide Helm
Dragon Turtle Hide Arms

all used in making leather, or maybe are another type of leather...not documented:grin:
As Dot pointed out, for the tiger armor you'll need tiger pelts and for the Turtle armor you'll need turtle scute.

mspossi

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As Dot pointed out, for the tiger armor you'll need tiger pelts and for the Turtle armor you'll need turtle scute.
Cool! Aye I have all...and leather is the second item (leather) and the information when trying to make those suit ... is that I have no leather with me (my travel bag):wall:

Arroth Thaiel

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Cool! Aye I have all...and leather is the second item (leather) and the information when trying to make those suit ... is that I have no leather with me (my travel bag):wall:
Thinking about my own experience in UO, I would put the tiger pelt, turtle scute, and normal leather (normal leather - not spined, horned, or barbed) into the top level of my main backpack. Don't put it into any other containers, just directly into the main backpack.

I would also make sure that the leather type in the crafting menu is set to "normal leather", not spined, horned or barbed.

Only things I can think of - hope you get it figured out!

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If you are using one of the sewing machines, be sure it has charges. If it does, then try by using a sewing kit in your pack.

mspossi

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thinking about my own experience in UO, I would put the tiger pelt, turtle scute, and normal leather (normal leather - not spined, horned, or barbed) into the top level of my main backpack. Don't put it into any other containers, just directly into the main backpack.

I would also make sure that the leather type in the crafting menu is set to "normal leather", not spined, horned or barbed.

Only things I can think of - hope you get it figured out!
Ok solved...thank you!