• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

When are we going to get the Gargoyle +5 Bonus to Mining?

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Professional
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Way Back in Dec. 2012, in Ask And Answer# 12 the Dev team said they could give gargoyles a +5 bonus to mining. To my knowledge it has not been put in, could we possibly get this or maybe get some Talons that have a +5 Bonus?

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
When Human and Elves get same bonus to imbuing as the Gargoyle :p

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Professional
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
From the Devs
2012 Dec 03 14:50 GMT
As we move into the twelfth month of the year we bring you Ask and Answer number 12. It is a season for giving and your questions have the developers making plans to bring all sorts of changes to the game. Enjoy!

UO Auctions

Can anything be done about the freezing screen when you use house customising and or the packing create with EC? (Rupert Avery)

We actually discussed this over lunch for approx 20 minutes to try to figure out the best way to do this, bottom line is yes it can be redone but it is not Just a simple task. But it’s on our radar now.

UO Stratics

Dont wanna add more than a bit thanks to devs for this new hunt. It s well done, fun to make from the start till the end.
It just rings a bell to me concerning the other peerlesses. First of all why dont you change the key timers to make them the same that for Eodus ? i.e. a 1 week timer is great... gives us time enough to prepare things for guild.
I understand that it was not welcome at the beginning when all bosses were overcamped but now most peerless places are empty on a regular basis...
So if you give us a bit more time to gather sets of keys alike Exodus that would be great indeed (Lien Ragus)

So this is a valid idea, we like it and you guys will see all the keys for the peerless encounters with extended timers on them in the future.

Hello devs.
I'm trying "Elwood Quest" for several years to get a rare obsidian statue of character's name.
And it still continues, I am being 200 defeated successively currently...
Is it completely random that a rare name's statue appears ?
I wish there is no like an easter egg on origami paper.
Thank you.(Peil)

We agree the rarity of this is way too high, we will look into adjusting this. Right now there is a 1 in a 1000 chance to get a rare statue. We will make some changes to improve this in a future publish.

Gargoyles are still unable to use Dartboards. (not a huge issue i know), but a bigger issue is the Gargoyles inability to use +mining gloves. like the Ringmail with +5 bonus. any help on these would be appreciated.(Victim of Siege)
Could we get an option to alter Mining Gloves for a Gargoyle?
Gargoyles have become the crafter of choice with imbuing and reforging and since you need over 100 mining skill to max out salvaging...the mining gloves are somewhat necessray. (swroberts)
Blacksmith gloves of mining don't work on mr gargoyle, any chance, down the road, we can alter these in some way??Thnx(Bullseye_of_Atl)

Due to the fact the humans and elf’s have racial bonuses, we do not see any reason that Gargoyles should not have a racial bonus also. We are going to give the gargoyles a mining racial bonus.

It was mentioned on FoF (April 10, 2009) that "the donation system for community collections needs an overhaul in general".I'm curious if this is still being looked at/worked on. Thanks. (Whinemaker)

Actually we have made some changes to this system such as allowing you to turn in commodity deeds and bags of items to make it easier to turn in items, if you are asking for a whole new system such as different rewards, mobs etc…we have not discussed this.

Ultima Online Bibliothek

When will there be house plots greater than 18 x 18 for customization? Eg. Keeps could be converted, because they can't be decorated on three sides and therefore much deco space is wasted. Many people have their Castles and Keeps because of the long time they are playing UO,and so they need the storage space... But there are areas, such as the ice island or Minoc, where Keeps and Castles are lined up and it looks like you are in the ghetto there... and somehow this pabulum is rather boring.
Honestly - If we could customize a house plot, wich is as big as a keep's plot, there would of course be some of our architects there to create something really beautyful ... We have such beautiful items for decoration now - why should they even gather dust in the boxes? (Mene'Tekel)

We have talked about this but its again not a task that can be done quickly. I won’t say no it will never happen but I just don’t have you a definite answer right now.

When do we tamers get new pets for taming? To be a tamer is one of the most beautiful thing UO provides - but right now you can only see tamers, who move around with their Greater Dragons... I personally encounter sadness, because we have a lot of great pets in the game!
Silversteeds for e.g. would be very nice - or you could create a mini-version of the Stygian Dragon for taming ... *dreaming*
I would also find it very cool, if there would be a small chance to get Dread Horses (the better Nightmare) or Bane Dragons back to the game for taming - a lot of new players asked for them and they also want to have such an animal.
And what would be great too: Strong pets like the Cu Sidhe or the Hiryu should be able to compete with stronger monsters. The Unicorns used to be very strong too, and the small Nightmares ... - if I move to Oni with these animals nowadays, they drop dead in a jiff... which is very frustrating to new players, who can finally handle such an animal. (Mene'Tekel)

We have discussed doing a pet revamp, I would rather not give specific details yet. This is something the whole team would like to do.

UO Japan

I have a small stone keep. I'd like to lock my items down in my courtyard. Please make a special door which allows players to access its courtyard. I would purchase the door even if it was sold at Origin store.(Nickname:rararin)

A keep is a bit different than the castle, the “courtyards are not accessible it would require us putting in teleporters in and out of those small areas. Can it be done yes it can. We will review this for a future publish.

I'd like to see skill/stats of my stabled pets. The Pet Brokers in Magincia have "LORE" option. Is it possible to add the option to the Animal trainers?(Nickname eli)

Using some of the code that is already in the game we can make this possible.

If a character used 2 tokens of personal attendants, one of them became completely meaningless. Could you change the attendant to be tied to an account instead of a character?(Nickname eli)

Yes it can be tied to an account, we will look into this for a future publish.

When will the double NPC spawn be fixed? The Asuka shard still has double NPCs. Can you delete these extra NPCs for us? (Nickname: Quinn)

It will be done by the time these questions are posted.

Continue reading...

RueTor

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think they may still working on some of the Ask and Answer No #1 suggestions, so be patience. ;)

Ask and Answer No. 1

Posted by Kai Schober | 2012 Sep 10 15:05 -0400 GMT

You ask and we answer. In the last days our team took the time to address some of the questions that keep coming in. If you have something you want to know about Ultima Online and the team, post your questions on your fansite. All interesting questions will be collected and send to our team, so we can continue to answer them.

Here are the first seven:

1. Would it be possible to convert the older quests to the new Quest system? The older system only allows one quest to be active at a time. (Drachenfels, General Chat)
Mesanna: Are you speaking about the context questions vs the paperdoll quests? I know this is not the answer you want to hear but without looking deeper into the code we can not give a definite answer for this question.

2. Are Harpsichord rolls a permanent or time limited drop? If limited, when will they stop? (popps, Stratics)
Mesanna: This is a permanent addition to the game, hopefully in the future we can add additional music rolls.

3. Can you mention Fansites by URL in game.... there has been talk in the past you can and then some say you cannot (Rupert Avery, UO Auctions)
Mesanna: Yes, you can advertise any URL in game on your profile as long as it DOES NOT sell any items.

4. There's a number of items that were introduced with SA that resemble & relate to the other Imbuing crafting ingredients. But they have no current use. Fey Wings, Fur, Horn of Abyssal Inferno, Kepetch Wax, Lodestone, Primeval Lich Dust, Slith Eye, Vile Tentacles, Void Core. Are there plans to make all those items, or some of them usable at one point? (Nystul, Ask the Devs)
Kyronix: We’re always looking for new and creative uses for underutilized ingredients and are currently working on adding some to upcoming content.

5. Hello, I just want to ask a question about Distilling. Are there any plans to expand it so that wines, beers, ales and sake can be made? Thanks (Edward Striker, Ask the Devs)
Mesanna: I will add this to our list of things to do, good suggestion Edward.

6. Is there any plans to make Golems semi "bondable" at some point in time? The big problem with Golems nowadays is that not only are they mostly underpowered, but also that any training put into them is undone when they can die so easily. Another part of the solution, would of course be to lessen the cooldown incurred upon healing the Golem. The cooldown is currently like 30 seconds, which is WAY too long. It should be shortened to something like 10 seconds. (PlayerSkillFTW, Ask the Devs)
Mesanna: We have talked about adding new golens to advanced Tinkering, but we are not going to add another golem to be a training punching bag for Luna.

7. Are there any plans to review getting to and from certain areas of Siege? There are many places on the shard that you cannot gate to from the Ter Mur facet and also from many places in the Tokuno facet, for example to areas around Luna and also areas around Yew and Skara Brae. (When you try, you get a very unhelpful message that says your spell doesn't seem to work.) The inconsistencies make no sense at all and cause a lot of frustration for newcomers to the shard, especially when they work hard to make enough gold to place a house in an area that looks ideal for housing (because it's sooooo empty) and then find out that the reason for the emptiness is just plain old bugginess. (Tina Small, Ask the Devs)
Mesanna: Tina we agree, and we are entering a problem report on this today.

That's all for today, but we are sure you have more questions.
Keep them coming and we'll see you in the game.

swroberts

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The original question was to get the a +5 mining glove option for the Gargoyles. The answer they gave was that they wanted to give the Gargoyles a racial mining bonus. This doesn't really help the OP, but gives a little background. Doesn't matter, since at this point neither seems to be happening.

The Craftsman

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mesanna: Yes, you can advertise any URL in game on your profile as long as it DOES NOT sell any items.
What's that Mesanna? You're against 3rd party sites selling UO items? Then @&£&ing do something about it instead of turning a blind eye!!!

Lorddog

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think they should expand the tiered quest idea into more quests and also make the tiers go higher and much harder to obtain, so that only a dedicated field operative can get to the top tier and it would be a badge of honor (accomplishment)

whiterabbit

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
weees should not habe saved dem flappy wings from da plague

Mandrake of DF

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I see no problem gargoyles get a armor piece like the mining glows with +1/3/5 mining piece as a bod reward like human/elf does - as long it will occupy one armor slot. I only hope the weight of that piece is lower than normal, as gargoyles got lot higher resist properties than humans.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Professional
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I see no problem gargoyles get a armor piece like the mining glows with +1/3/5 mining piece as a bod reward like human/elf does - as long it will occupy one armor slot. I only hope the weight of that piece is lower than normal, as gargoyles got lot higher resist properties than humans.
I am Ok with this as long as they are imbueable like the gloves, I would just like to have the bonus available in some fashion.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
The only place I can think of a racial bonus actually being visible is with Elves and their Energy Resist. It's quite possible the +5 is already there and works like Jack of All Trades for Humans but only applies to Mining.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Professional
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The only place I can think of a racial bonus actually being visible is with Elves and their Energy Resist. It's quite possible the +5 is already there and works like Jack of All Trades for Humans but only applies to Mining.
then let's hope so and see if Kyronix or Bonnie come in here and say so

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Adding fey wings to an imbuing property? I wonder what they could do with that. It's too bad there's no Fey Slayer, that would be an easy thing to use them for. Oh well.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
6. Is there any plans to make Golems semi "bondable" at some point in time? The big problem with Golems nowadays is that not only are they mostly underpowered, but also that any training put into them is undone when they can die so easily. Another part of the solution, would of course be to lessen the cooldown incurred upon healing the Golem. The cooldown is currently like 30 seconds, which is WAY too long. It should be shortened to something like 10 seconds. (PlayerSkillFTW, Ask the Devs)
Mesanna: We have talked about adding new golens to advanced Tinkering, but we are not going to add another golem to be a training punching bag for Luna.
Heh, i remember that. Funny enough, with the Pet Revamp supposedly coming up, i'm gonna ask again if they're going to revamp Golems, or possibly even Hirelings. That cooldown on healing a Golem seriously needs to go.
I was using an Advanced Golem with GM Tinkering the other day to kill Toxic Sliths on my craftsman for Gargoyle Queen Loyalty, and the repair cooldown was a serious pain in the ass.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I would like to see 120 mining instead, with 100% chance to smelt all colors. Gm mining , plus the stupid gloves that don't work still = epic failure smelting, usually when you need them the most. It's dumb. Fix that, and while you're at it, fix the ridiculous fishing up of footwear at gm-120 fishing. Fishing up shoes should be for low levels only. Yeah I know , a goat will eat everything, I already know this. GM and especially Legendary fishmermen/women would never fight a fish for along time, only to reel it in and realize it was a freaking Air Jordan...come on.

Ok since the devs would deem Air Jordans as overpowering, change that to Hush Puppies.

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would like to see 120 mining instead, with 100% chance to smelt all colors. Gm mining , plus the stupid gloves that don't work still = epic failure smelting, usually when you need them the most. It's dumb. Fix that,
There is nothing to fix because it isn't broken. It has never been written anywhere that all ore types have a 100% chance of success when smelting.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There is nothing to fix because it isn't broken. It has never been written anywhere that all ore types have a 100% chance of success when smelting.
I know that, but we also shouldnt have to smelt 1 ore at a time to minimize failures at 105 mining, whether by design or not. Its stupid now that locations are random and you can't mine valorite for 7 days in a row while at work.

Peekay

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Neverrrrrrrrrrrrrr... Gargoyles are a race of royalty and should not have to be bothered with such meager things as mining their ores and stone... This is why humans and elves exist for them to enslave towards such lowly tasks, and in some cases even little goblins!