• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

I must turn all my mages blue?

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Spirituality Virtue?

What is this? 20% less damage anytime?? no timer?? all the time?? no casting time???

What is this trammel game?

Varingian

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Virtue
Spirituality is gained by using targeted heals and resurrections on other players including bandages, close wounds, heal, greater heal, gift of renewal, cleansing winds, and rejuvenate. Spirituality is expended through the virtue menu, double click the humility virtue to bring up a targeting cursor.

Reward
Targeting a living player or pet will grant a Spirituality shield that will absorb incoming damage based on Spirituality path and consume some Spirituality points,

• Seeker: 5% shield, with 50 shield HP
  • Follower: 10% shield, with 100 shield HP
  • Knight: 20% shield, with 200 shield HP
Appears to have a Hit Point limit of damage absorbing.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Spirituality Virtue?

What is this? 20% less damage anytime?? no timer?? all the time?? no casting time???

At Knight one use takes you down to 2 dots below seeker (lowest level), it's by no means spam-able by one person

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Virtue
Spirituality is gained by using targeted heals and resurrections on other players including bandages, close wounds, heal, greater heal, gift of renewal, cleansing winds, and rejuvenate. Spirituality is expended through the virtue menu, double click the humility virtue to bring up a targeting cursor.

Reward
Targeting a living player or pet will grant a Spirituality shield that will absorb incoming damage based on Spirituality path and consume some Spirituality points,

Appears to have a Hit Point limit of damage absorbing.
So when a blue activates this:
Kinght:, you need to hit them 1000 hp before it wares off, then they can reactivate at follower:
Follower: you need to hit them 1000 hp before it wares off, then they can reactivate at seeker
Seeker: you need to hit them 1000 hp before it wares off.

So you need to hit them 3000 damage before it wares off off. .

By then they have run off and gone to spam res on their afk char.

This is a joke.

THIS SHOULD NOT WORK FOR PVP BUT FOR PVM ONLY, this is ridiculous. It's bad enough the FC1 bonus from towns that again only blues can get even works in fel.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Kinght:, you need to hit them 1000 hp before it wares off, then they can reactivate at follower:
Follower: you need to hit them 1000 hp before it wares off, then they can reactivate at seeker

This is a joke.

THIS SHOULD NOT WORK FOR PVP BUT FOR PVM ONLY, this is ridiculous. It's bad enough the FC1 bonus from towns that again only blues can get even works in fel.
That's interesting

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

This is a joke.

Its laughable how bad @Mesanna has screwed up PvP in recent years.

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Red=Murderer=Penalties It has always been this way since the Murder System was put into place. Playing a red is a choice and forged pardons are dirt cheap. You either want the bonuses or want the notoriety of being red. Having to make choices is what this game was based on, free will.

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
How is this any different than any of the other virtues throughout the years?

Chasing a blue in the middle of a bunch of spawn? They Honor themselves and now everything is only attacking you
Holding a choke point for a harrower? They get past you, use Sacrifice, and try to rez their whole group behind enemy lines
Killed one of their teammates? Compassion lets them rez them to full life making it much harder to keep them down
Want to do a champ spawn? Need a blue with Valor
Want extra powerscrolls? Need a blue with Justice

The ONLY virtue that hasn't effected Felucca or PvP in some way was Honesty.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Something need to be done, even on Siege, we only have a few reds left. Maybe it's time for ideas for an anti Virtue system. We already have the names on the dungeons and on the Vice banners.

Decite = Falsehood, vs Honesty, Pure Truth
Despise = Hatred vs Compassion, Pure Love
Destard = Cowardice vs Valor, Pure Courage
Wrong = Falsehood, Hatred vs Justice, Truth, Love
Covetous = Hatred, Cowardice vs Sacrifice, Love, Courage
Shame = Falsehood, Cowardice vs Honor, Truth, Courage
Hyloth = Falsehood, Hatred, Cowardice vs Spirituality, Truth, Love, and Courage
Pride - UOGuide, the Ultima Online Encyclopedia = Pride exists independently of the three anti-Principles vs Humility, Truth, Love, and Courage independently

Now, any ideas how it could work?

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How is this any different than any of the other virtues throughout the years?

The ONLY virtue that hasn't effected Felucca or PvP in some way was Honesty.
No virtue has had a direct impact on PVP before. All those examples you just listed don't affect much of anything when it comes down to 1v1 or group fights.

I mean really, you are going to compare the virtue of Valor to Spirituality? That is ridiculous.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I do remember reading the patch notes and reading the buffs, however i thought nothing of it as spirituality used to be pretty dificult to gain, from what i remember you had to do a lot of lame quests or something. But the fact that you now gain spirituality naturally by playing (healing people), or afk ressing a ghost. This has really turned this into a total joke.

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I do remember reading the patch notes and reading the buffs, however i thought nothing of it as spirituality used to be pretty dificult to gain, from what i remember you had to do a lot of lame quests or something. But the fact that you now gain spirituality naturally by playing (healing people), or afk ressing a ghost. This has really turned this into a total joke.
Are you mixing up Compassion with Spirituality? Spirituality is new and never had a way to gain it before now.

Im not disagreeing that perhaps Spirituality needs tuning in PvP settings, but you also had a very long chance to test and give feedback on this before it even made it to live.

cobb

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Spirituality Virtue?

Yeah I don't think it belongs in pvp. Gaining in Spirituality is also the easiest thing. Only takes a few minutes of spamming Rez on a ghost to reach Knight from zero.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

This is a joke.

You can only use it once functionally, as was said a use from Knight brings you down to a level where you can't use it (correct?) I think the main issue here is the gaining method. There should just be a timer on how often you can gain.

Or just make it pvm only, but that may be a more complex fix.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Red=Murderer=Penalties It has always been this way since the Murder System was put into place. Playing a red is a choice and forged pardons are dirt cheap. You either want the bonuses or want the notoriety of being red. Having to make choices is what this game was based on, free will.
That made sense pre fel, but it doesn't really make much sense any more. You can't kill innocent people anymore, only people who choose to play in an area where they can be attacked. I don't think reds should have access to virtues, but I do think they should have access to anti-virtures of some kind to balance stuff like this out.

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I don't think reds should have access to virtues, but I do think they should have access to anti-virtures of some kind to balance stuff like this out.
I agree with that, it would actually be pretty cool.

Chap

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
due to the impact on PvP it should be a delay between each time it can be used, also I would like to see the benefits reduced.

Yes, we all have choices in life and thus consequences :p
To red or not to red :)
I dont agree that there should be a consequence for reds, theres already a few in place.
reds cant buy from npcs, they cant go trammel, and they cant use virtues, can be attacked by anyone.

sure its possible to add more, however is it that bad to be murder now? the people going to felucca are very aware of pvp zone and newer players stick to trammel landmass, theres no need to pretect from pks. Also with the new pardons in game people ping pong red/blue all the time, its ridicolus.

Id like to see some benefits for the characters who decide the path of murderer.