• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Multiple Instances of UOAssist

PwnySlaystation

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Last night I received an e-mail from the guy at Tugsoft whom i wrote an e-mail to regarding opening two instances of assist so i can use it on both of my accounts at the same time, he replied saying he'd made some changes and uploaded a new version last night.

UOAssist

I was already in bed, so whilst im at work, if anyone wants to download it and try and see how it works im just letting you know this should now be an option!

:)

Thanks Mr Tugsoft

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Cool, I will try it when I get home. Not that I will use it much, but sometimes I login a second account to fix something and miss one of my uoa macroes.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Yes that was one of the macroes I use to need, when I login Freja, so Tina Tink can fix her armor. Undress to bag, hand over bag to Tina, get bag back and dress again :)

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Windows 10 isn't happy with it, waffles & moans and won't install it. Had said it wouldn't download it but it is in my download folder.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Downloaded on Win 10 with no problem for me. Replaced my shortcuts on the desktop and on the task bar and was able to open 3 clients with UOA np.

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I spent some time this morning getting this set up on my husbands computer for him. He has windows 10, and at first it wasn't working. I did a full uninstall of UOA, followed by a fresh download. Now it works great! You will need to re-add all your registration keys though.

PwnySlaystation

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sounds like some teething but a success. Was well worth my initial e-mail then. Surprised no one requested it up to this point.

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Sounds like some teething but a success. Was well worth my initial e-mail then. Surprised no one requested it up to this point.
I think its safe to say........
You sir, have just won UO.

I look forward to my husband screaming like a little girl over this. Hell maybe he will start playing again! lol.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
It works but is a tricky.
First copy the downloaded file to desktop or somewhere else, rename it to something like UOAssist-2C. Then move it to your uo assist map i programs and run it. When Windows 10 tells you, it do not like it, click on more info and then run anyway.
Trend Micro too make a lot noise but think I got it to stop trying to block it.

Last edited:

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I downloaded and ran it, it still only lets me run 1 instance.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I had same problem first. It do not add the file to UOAssist folder, so if you use your old link, it will use old exe file.
Rename the new file, add it in the folder, and make a shortcut to it. This way, your macroes will also be there.

When you download it, use save as and save it in UOAssist folder but save it as uoassist-C2.exe, so you don't overwrite old file.
Use the new file to start UO

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just did the uninstall/reinstall bit with UOA and it's now starting with both clients, though it won't run any macros from the second UOA window. Whoever I start first has use of his macros, the 2nd does not.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Do you not get 2 UOA windows?
Edited:
I see I have trouble too.

Last edited:

sirion

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
>>> Still no working macros on the 2nd client. Started both as admin.
Same problem here. UOA macros/function from 2nd client wouldn't work.
Windows 7.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Same problem in Windows 10, macroes do not work on second one and I do run as administrator

Coco_Zamis_DF

Lore Keeper
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Same here on windows 7. Only first instance can use macros.
After making some checks. It might have todo with (get)window handle. If you change settings for displaying stats etc in the title, you see it will change on the first started instance. Also if it is the normal UOA and not the renamed one.

Last edited:

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Last night I received an e-mail from the guy at Tugsoft whom i wrote an e-mail to regarding opening two instances of assist so i can use it on both of my accounts at the same time, he replied saying he'd made some changes and uploaded a new version last night.

UOAssist

I was already in bed, so whilst im at work, if anyone wants to download it and try and see how it works im just letting you know this should now be an option!

:)

Thanks Mr Tugsoft
Smart move. Let the others figure out how to make it run while your at work lol

PwnySlaystation

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Had a play tonight... limited time though. Need to try again tomorrow. UoA picks up the character in the second client and brings up its macros and items it wearing etc but it doesnt send info to the client.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

sirion

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UOA has new updates again to fix this. See their website. Seems to be working fine now for me.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Still wont let me, same message. To use UO you must first run UO to run UO or you can't run UO...yada yada.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Still wont let me, same message. To use UO you must first run UO to run UO or you can't run UO...yada yada.
You need to be sure, you are using the new UOAssist.exe to start second client. Did you download the new UOAssist.exe to your old UOAssist folder, it do not install there on it's own as it is a beta file and not meant to overwrite your old file. I remamed mine to UOAssist-2Clients.exe before I saved it in old UOAssist folder in Programs folder.
I first tryed to just safe it on desktop, but then it could not find my old macroes.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I renamed the old file and put the new file in the folder, I'm getting the same thing.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
When I get home from work, I will try again, with the file from the new update, Tug added an update more, a .dll file

Coco_Zamis_DF

Lore Keeper
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
for me it seems to work with the macros. for another guy i don't work. Dunno why.
What didn't work for me is change display stats in the titlebar for the second client.

Last edited:

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I didnt have a lot of critical uoa macros so I completely uninstalled and then downloaded the latest one. It still only allows 1 instance of UOA to launch. And this is on a win7 machine ran as admin.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Works for me now, add the new UOAssist.dll and the new UOAssist.exe to your UOAssist folder. then run the new UOAssist.exe and both client do have working macroes

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'll wait until he makes it a formal update, while both accounts having UOA will be neat, it's not a showstopper if they don't, just a mutter mutter, grumble, gripe. ;)

PwnySlaystation

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Works for me now, add the new UOAssist.dll and the new UOAssist.exe to your UOAssist folder. then run the new UOAssist.exe and both client do have working macroes
Same for me, this is what i did.

Well chuffed with this.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Any chance to get the ability to change the light blue top window bar to a darker color so that the green & yellow weight numbers have more contrast? I set up WIN 10 on this computer a couple weeks back.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Think that is a part of the Windows tema colores as I do not have any light blue on my Windows 10 :p

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I could change the color of the non UOA window bar before this new dual UOA change but not the UOA window bar, must be some quirk of my system. Ah well.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Wierd, I din not see any color changes but I did not reinstall UO Assist. I will look when I get home from work.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just ordered a couple books on WIN 10, due late next week, still haven't figured out how to find things in it yet.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Most thing is still there, they just try to hide them :)

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Most thing is still there, they just try to hide them :)
Yeah, wish they'd just add new features instead of just running all the command locations through a cocktail shaker as they do each new version. :wall:

At least WIN 10 seems to have been made pretty good to use, haven't done more than minor muttering & cussing at it in the past couple weeks. Beats the tar out of the WIN 8.1 on my laptop and even the WIN 7 I converted this contraption from. :thumbup1:

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I can changes the UOA title bar but the UO title bar is light blue, it will take more work to changes that one, read about it on the web

SlobberKnocker

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes that was one of the macroes I use to need, when I login Freja, so Tina Tink can fix her armor. Undress to bag, hand over bag to Tina, get bag back and dress again :)
Can u invite me over the next time Freja gets changed? :) hubba hubba

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Bah, you just want to see Freja naked :p

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Yeah, wish they'd just add new features instead of just running all the command locations through a cocktail shaker as they do each new version. :wall:

At least WIN 10 seems to have been made pretty good to use, haven't done more than minor muttering & cussing at it in the past couple weeks. Beats the tar out of the WIN 8.1 on my laptop and even the WIN 7 I converted this contraption from. :thumbup1:
Just have windows 8 on the laptop and it's SUPER annoying.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
i for one really like this change to uoassist.
i set it up on one of my slave computers as i didnt want to experiment on my main.
works like a charm!
that has always been what i hated about opening up multiple instances is not having uoassit for any other then the first.
really liking this!